Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 3.75 average.
Unread 09-06-2005, 05:48 AM   #181
ThePinkPanther
The BIG enchalada

I was thinking about bringing yuki to Ani-magic at the end of the month, but there seems to be an increase in the supply of yuki's lately..awwww... lol

I want to do his New years Mandarin dress. it looks so pretty ^^ but heres no way i could get it done in time.

...though it does look more comfortable than a kung fu uniform
ThePinkPanther is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-06-2005, 04:48 PM   #182
Jaina Solo
Rurouni Jedi

Hey, you should totally bring Yuki to AniMagic! Just because there'll be 298410238510949835 of them there (including me: http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=441385 ), there's always room for one more to spread the Yuki love!
Unread 09-06-2005, 05:16 PM   #183
ThePinkPanther
The BIG enchalada

your logic is flawless. lol

sure! why not.
ill dig out the ol' sohma garb one more time. hope to see you there ^^

Last edited by ThePinkPanther : 09-06-2005 at 09:04 PM.
ThePinkPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2005, 12:06 AM   #184
KaineMaxwell
Don't mess with mutants

Anyone here know a pattern to use for making a Souma school uniform (black with the white trim)?

Shinigami Photos
KaineMaxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2005, 12:38 AM   #185
Shania_Nowhere
Risembool Ranger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaina Solo
Hey, you should totally bring Yuki to AniMagic! Just because there'll be 298410238510949835 of them there (including me: http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=441385 ), there's always room for one more to spread the Yuki love!
Dude, you should get together with all the Yukis and do a march through the convention like the Storm Troopers did for the premier of the 3rd SW movie! XD That would be so awesome!!! Fangirls would die left and right! I can see it now...
Unread 09-09-2005, 01:12 AM   #186
ardhri
Falcon in the Dive

I'm going to do an Ayame costume at some point next year, although I haven't decided fully WHICH one to do. I love his red coat, but it's been done to death.

*ponders*

Do you find if you wear a lesser-seen costume, are you still recognized as much?
Suiguintou (Rozen Maiden)
Twilight Sparkle (Princess - My Little Pony)

Rest to be decided.
ardhri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2005, 06:51 PM   #187
Fluffed_Kitten
The Evil Fizbins.

Me and my friends were planning on keeping it sort of secret until all details were finalized... but I'll spill the beans:

We've gathered up a group of thirteen people, and we're bringing all the zodiac ppossessed characters to next year's Anime North. All of them. Due to me and two of my other friends, we've made sure all the costumes are going to come along great, and we'll all have a good time

Any comments? Suggestions? Anyone?
Fluffed_Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2005, 10:31 PM   #188
Tenebrae
Happy New Year!

Oh my!
An increase in Yuki cosplayers?? I have, to this date, seen one. Yes, just one.
My daughter (who is a Kyo fangirl) said that they were probably afraid to show up because the Kyo cosplayers would beat them up...*snicker*
Please, bring an army of Yukis to mext Otakon! If I could replicate myself, I'd form letters out of my body for you. Oh, and if I could bend that way, too, that is...
Fluffed Kitten, that is quite an endeavour you have there! I would love to see it come to fruition (heh). Will you also have a Tohru and her friends? I have a dream of some day recreating Hanajima's outfit she wore to do housecleaning...

-Tenebrae.
Unread 09-14-2005, 01:42 PM   #189
KaineMaxwell
Don't mess with mutants

No suggestions for the black Winter or the Summer uniform for Kyo?

Shinigami Photos
Unread 09-14-2005, 02:29 PM   #190
mikcy
subject zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffed_Kitten
Me and my friends were planning on keeping it sort of secret until all details were finalized... but I'll spill the beans:

We've gathered up a group of thirteen people, and we're bringing all the zodiac ppossessed characters to next year's Anime North. All of them. Due to me and two of my other friends, we've made sure all the costumes are going to come along great, and we'll all have a good time

Any comments? Suggestions? Anyone?
:O To AN06? I must see this.

I'm thinking of being Yuki for Halloween and dressing my friend as Momiji. >.>
mikcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2005, 04:36 PM   #191
Jaina Solo
Rurouni Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaineMaxwell
No suggestions for the black Winter or the Summer uniform for Kyo?
You say you need a pattern for the uniforms, or you don't know how to put the striping on?

I used the See & Sew pattern #3937 for my black winter uniform; I had to modify it a little to make the points in the front and make the sleeves accurate, but it ended up taking me a little over an afternoon to throw the whole thing together. I think the pattern would also work for the summer uniform. I made my own bias tape for the white stripes, but you can go out and buy pre-made bias tape; I believe that's what most people use for the stripes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardhri
Do you find if you wear a lesser-seen costume, are you still recognized as much?
In my honest opinion, you will be far less recognizable in a lesser-seen costume; if you were to do the blue-jacketed Aya, you would probably be recognized by the hardcore Furuba fans, but casual watchers of the show would probably only recognize the red-coated Aya. When you think about it, Aya is a white-haired bishounen who wears classy clothes; how many other 34528903485230457 bishounen are out there who fall in that same exact category? Which means that even hardcore viewers of the show might not recognize you.

If you want to do the blue jacket, then you should. But if you're only doing the blue jacket because you don't want to be one more red-jacketed Aya, maybe you should try a different approach. How about using a different type of fabric, instead of plain red cotton? Satin, velvet, brocade... All these types of fabric are different enough that they will set you apart from the other Ayames, especially if you do it very well. For my boyfriend's red-jacketed Ayame, it's made out of red velvet, and completely lined with a silky red brocade. IMO, it's a very stunning jacket simply because of the fabrics used, and I hope that it will set him apart from the other Ayas we are bound to run into.
Unread 09-15-2005, 07:20 PM   #192
KaineMaxwell
Don't mess with mutants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaina Solo
You say you need a pattern for the uniforms, or you don't know how to put the striping on?

I used the See & Sew pattern #3937 for my black winter uniform; I had to modify it a little to make the points in the front and make the sleeves accurate, but it ended up taking me a little over an afternoon to throw the whole thing together. I think the pattern would also work for the summer uniform. I made my own bias tape for the white stripes, but you can go out and buy pre-made bias tape; I believe that's what most people use for the stripes.
Is there a close Butterwick or pattern for the jacket I may be able to find at a rag shop or someplace also? I checked out the one you suggested, its ok the pattern is for a female, right?
*embrassed*

Shinigami Photos
Unread 09-15-2005, 07:23 PM   #193
seira-chan
I'm not QUITE dead...

Gwarsh! i'd die if I saw a Yuki army... and my sister'd roll her eyes and wish for a Kyo army to, as Tenebrae said, beat them up.

KaineMaxwell: My only advice is just look for shirt patterns, and you can use snaps instead of buttons to get it to look right. That's what I'm doing for Tohru!

Um, but about that... what should be used to trim the girl's uniform? Ribbon? Braid? And Momitchi's pink outfit - how the heck does it ruffle like that?!

Costumes made: Madison/Tomoyo AMA4, Kamiya Kaoru AMA5, Poe Merchant AMA6, Alucard (Girlycard) AMA 8

Currently: Tweaking Girlycard for Nekocon - the wig, darts in the jacket, pants... and I need red eyes. And a Tommy gun.
seira-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2005, 08:27 PM   #194
hailo
oh man, I'm fancy.

For Momiji's pink shirt, I just a row of box pleats on the bottom. It turned out very fluffy and cute. What his shirt actually has is a row of box pleat inserts, which are VERY hard to make, I used that technique on my Kagura dress and it was a nightmare! So I would suggest just sewing a row of cute box pleats on the bottom.

And bias tape works best for every unifrom. Nice and easy to use.
Unread 09-16-2005, 08:46 PM   #195
Jaina Solo
Rurouni Jedi

Kaine, it is for a women's jacket, but it really makes no difference (IMO). The only difference that I really see is that there is a dart in the chest area, but I ignored that part of the pattern and left it out, and my shirt turned out fine (without the dart). Basically, I needed a pattern that would give me the look I wanted; I looked through both mens and women's patterns, and this pattern was the one that came closest to the look I wanted. And if you get it in a large enough size (I accidentally got it in an 14-16-18 which is too big for me, but I just cut eveything smaller), then you shouldn't have too many issues with fitting. ^_^