Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 3.75 average.
Unread 03-29-2004, 05:39 PM   #46
Hime no Toki
NiGHTmaren
Modoka Magica

Yes, I agree with ayn, go for it and try to make the backpack. ^.^ It would be a really cute addition to your costume. And I think it's also a good idea you have there with all the kitty plushies. ^^

*~Hime no Toki~*

2014 - Upcoming Conventions :
Anime Weekend Atlanta (GA) - FandomCon (FL)

Upcoming costumes : Princess Garnet (coronation gown) from FFIX, Edea Lee (various costmes) from Bravely Default, and more!

http://www.facebook.com/NiGHTmarenCosplay
Hime no Toki is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-29-2004, 06:26 PM   #47
Yucari
Humble Tengu Reporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hime no Toki
Yes, I agree with ayn, go for it and try to make the backpack. ^.^ It would be a really cute addition to your costume. And I think it's also a good idea you have there with all the kitty plushies. ^^

*~Hime no Toki~*
Heheh, thanks. Unfortunately, the only time I get to use a sewing machine is when I go over to my Aunt's house, and she lives about an hour away from me. Maybe I can try to make something the next time I'm over there, but otherwise I'm probably out of luck. Maybe I could sew it by hand...

-Cari
Yucari is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2004, 06:28 PM   #48
darkenedxstar

Oh yay, another Kagura to cosplay with me! ^____^ I love Kagura so much... I felt so sorry for her in the manga! T__T Heehee, maybe I can borrow my friend's Kagura backpack at Anime Expo. But I doubt it :S That is if she realizes I am trust worthy. lol She has the most EXACT Kyo backpack ever!!! hehe, that's why I love Jingy! ^___^ Always so precise...
darkenedxstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2004, 07:09 PM   #49
Yucari
Humble Tengu Reporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkenedxstar
Oh yay, another Kagura to cosplay with me! ^____^ I love Kagura so much... I felt so sorry for her in the manga! T__T Heehee, maybe I can borrow my friend's Kagura backpack at Anime Expo. But I doubt it :S That is if she realizes I am trust worthy. lol She has the most EXACT Kyo backpack ever!!! hehe, that's why I love Jingy! ^___^ Always so precise...
I won't be at Anime Expo, but at Otakon and Anime USA this year. I'd be so grateful if I could borrow it, but if I can't do you think you could ask her how she made it? Accually, ask her anyway... I'd love to have one of my own. ^_^ Thank you so much.

-Cari
Unread 03-29-2004, 09:11 PM   #50
Suppai

Last year at AX me and my friends did a fruits basket group. I cosplayed as Kisa but the costume I made I wasn't too happy with so I'm considering fixing it up for this year at Anime Expo.
Suppai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2004, 09:31 PM   #51
Hitori
Tra la la

Mi and mi friend hansewed her Kyo backpack. Sadli, this is the best picture I have right now : http://www.geocities.com/yumeyaunmei...gura_motor.jpg
But it's totalli awesome, and functions just fine as a backpack. We used orange fleece.
Unread 03-30-2004, 01:46 AM   #52
Ravos

doing kyou for animenorth , friends are dong tohru and yuuki
Ravos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2004, 05:49 PM   #53
Yucari
Humble Tengu Reporter

Alright, I started on the backpack! ^_^ I found an old plushy of an orange cat (accually a tiger, but it doesn't have black stripes, its different shades of orange) and... gutted it, you could say. ^^; Anyway, I stool the stuffing out of the stomack and lined it with a silk scarf-thingie. Its not the most professional, but it'll work. Now I have to get something to close it with (I was thinking little snaps) and then the straps so I can use it as a packpack.

Hee, I can't wait to take pictures!
-Cari
Unread 03-30-2004, 06:37 PM   #54
moonrabitt
Moonrabbit

Has anyone ever dressed up as Kyo's evil rabbit (or is it cat) side? that would be cool...evil eyes, evil mouth...
moonrabitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2004, 01:26 PM   #55
bunnybeth
mama bunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueberryNeko
Alright, I started on the backpack! ^_^ I found an old plushy of an orange cat (accually a tiger, but it doesn't have black stripes, its different shades of orange) and... gutted it, you could say. ^^; Anyway, I stool the stuffing out of the stomack and lined it with a silk scarf-thingie. Its not the most professional, but it'll work. Now I have to get something to close it with (I was thinking little snaps) and then the straps so I can use it as a packpack.

Hee, I can't wait to take pictures!
-Cari
You have to have a Kyo backpack for a Kagura costume, even if it doesn't look all that accurate. For closing it, you could do snaps, or maybe velcro- I think that comes in strips you could sew on.

I'm currently working on Kagura's Valentine's day outfit- the yellow skirt with white jacket. I wanted to make the Kyo backpack out of corduroy or fleece, but couldn't find those in anything but bright orange. So, I opted for rusty-orange colored felt. I think I'll probably machine-sew it, but since it is felt, I don't know if I'll actually put stuff in it... might rip it apart or something.

[CONversations] A webcomic about the CON experience
[Sew Bunny Cosplay] [BadCat Studios]
bunnybeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2004, 02:38 PM   #56
Yucari
Humble Tengu Reporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunnybeth
You have to have a Kyo backpack for a Kagura costume, even if it doesn't look all that accurate. For closing it, you could do snaps, or maybe velcro- I think that comes in strips you could sew on.

I'm currently working on Kagura's Valentine's day outfit- the yellow skirt with white jacket. I wanted to make the Kyo backpack out of corduroy or fleece, but couldn't find those in anything but bright orange. So, I opted for rusty-orange colored felt. I think I'll probably machine-sew it, but since it is felt, I don't know if I'll actually put stuff in it... might rip it apart or something.
Eck, I really dislike felt... @_@ Its so thick and falls apart really easily. For a backpack, you could also use cotton... get a bigger piece and fold it over to make it thicker... But yeah. I'm leaving soon to get the stuff for the bag, and to look at material for the dress.

Wow. I made a lot of typos in that last post... o_o;
-Cari
Unread 03-31-2004, 05:27 PM   #57
Suppai

Quote:
Has anyone ever dressed up as Kyo's evil rabbit (or is it cat) side? that would be cool...evil eyes, evil mouth...
yes last year, my friend Julie made a great Kyou cat costume inculding mad eyes and one of those angery vain marks or whatever you call them.
Suppai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2004, 12:45 AM   #58
FiFi
Neko-->meow

Oh my Suppai-kun, your friend is awsome!! I love cats!! Kyo is my favorite in Fruit Basket

Anyway, I really want to cosplay Hatsuharu. Don't know why, but I will be capable of crossplaying him, since - -+........
btw, I new around :P
Muraki-Yami no Matsui 95%-----Ritsuka-Loveless-50%----Prince-SD doll 70%
FiFi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2004, 02:21 PM   #59
bunnybeth
mama bunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueberryNeko
Eck, I really dislike felt... @_@ Its so thick and falls apart really easily. For a backpack, you could also use cotton... get a bigger piece and fold it over to make it thicker... But yeah. I'm leaving soon to get the stuff for the bag, and to look at material for the dress.

Wow. I made a lot of typos in that last post... o_o;
-Cari
Yeah, good point about the felt, but it was a really good color, almost perfect to what it looks like in the anime (the backpack's a bit brighter orange in the colored manga pics that I've seen). But, you did give me an idea. I think I'll line it in cotton/muslin or something, which should make it hold up better.

*sigh* Maybe I should have used bright orange fleece.

[CONversations] A webcomic about the CON experience
[Sew Bunny Cosplay] [BadCat Studios]
bunnybeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2004, 07:49 PM   #60
Yucari
Humble Tengu Reporter

Hey, does anyone know what color Kagura's boots are in episode four of the anime? Are they black or white? Because at the beginning they're black but near the end it looks like they're white...

-Cari