Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 3.75 average.
Unread 04-03-2004, 09:46 PM   #61
Osuwari
No tastycakes + Airports!

*pops in*
Hello everyone!!!! I'm going to be cosplaying as Kagura at Otakon and Anime Next. Her character I think is really really cool. Omg my mouth fell open when I seen what she did to Kyo. Time to play Bore and Cat ^-^ :P :P Blueberry Neko I believe they are black. I mean every time I seen someone cosplay as her she had black boots.
Osuwari is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-04-2004, 06:56 PM   #62
Yucari
Humble Tengu Reporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osuwari
*pops in*
Hello everyone!!!! I'm going to be cosplaying as Kagura at Otakon and Anime Next. Her character I think is really really cool. Omg my mouth fell open when I seen what she did to Kyo. Time to play Bore and Cat ^-^ :P :P Blueberry Neko I believe they are black. I mean every time I seen someone cosplay as her she had black boots.
Accually, I watched the episode again today, she's not wearing her shoes inside the house. They're white... But I already have black boots, so I'm just going to wear them so I don't have to spend any more money ^_^; (I'm so cheap...)

Hey, maybe I'll see you at otakon this year ^_^
-Cari
Yucari is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2004, 10:09 AM   #63
bunnybeth
mama bunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueberryNeko
Accually, I watched the episode again today, she's not wearing her shoes inside the house. They're white... But I already have black boots, so I'm just going to wear them so I don't have to spend any more money ^_^; (I'm so cheap...)

Hey, maybe I'll see you at otakon this year ^_^
-Cari
I think there is shoe paint you could use to paint the boots, but then they would be white unless you painted them back again. @_@

[CONversations] A webcomic about the CON experience
[Sew Bunny Cosplay] [BadCat Studios]
bunnybeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2004, 08:08 PM   #64
Cait

A question about costume approach to any Ayame or Mine cosplayers... Did you even try to do the zig zag edge? I can't recall ever seeing one without a straight edge on the top layer of the costume(s). Has anyone done it? I've skimmed this thread and not seen any referance to this... Anyone at all?
Cait is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2004, 12:57 PM   #65
dustbunny
Thats no ordinary rabbit.

I'm hoping to do a Haur costume we have the same hair cut.lol.

Mad Moxxi [Borderlands]

Facebook page~
http://www.facebook.com/DBCosplay

......../) /)............
........( . .).............
........c(")(")...........
dustbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2004, 11:00 PM   #66
Tohma
~Seguchi Tohma

To anyone that has done the Haru white coat outfit. I'm planning on doing that outfit, along with the school uniform for this years Jyuunishi Challenge, but I'm not sure what kind of fabric to use. If you have made the coat, what kind of fabric did you use? Normal trench coat type material, fake leather type stuff, what? I'm curious to see what everyone's opinion is on the fabric of that coat.

I'm the anime writer for the Charlotte Examimer. Check out my articles!
http://www.examiner.com/x-15939-Char...Anime-Examiner
Tohma is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2004, 07:51 AM   #67
Scortia

I honestly used regular the-cheap-wall fabric and it was well received. Granted, this was back when I didn't think fabric mattered... I think if you're adventurous that a thin vinyl/pleather may be good. But in all honesty... even just the regular old cotton fabric got VERY HOT. so be aware that you're gonna bake.

More than that fabric, please be sure to do the collar well... nothing makes Haru cry more than a collar made with a white boa. ~_~;;
Unread 04-09-2004, 01:01 PM   #68
Tohma
~Seguchi Tohma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scortia
I honestly used regular the-cheap-wall fabric and it was well received. Granted, this was back when I didn't think fabric mattered... I think if you're adventurous that a thin vinyl/pleather may be good. But in all honesty... even just the regular old cotton fabric got VERY HOT. so be aware that you're gonna bake.

More than that fabric, please be sure to do the collar well... nothing makes Haru cry more than a collar made with a white boa. ~_~;;
The pleather stuff can get insanely hot. My entire Dilandau costume was made out of that stuff and I just about died when I was in the dealers room or any of the crowded rooms at Nekocon. I figure, I can always take the coat off though. I might be wearing the school uniform that I already have underneath it since the challenge requires us to be in school uniform so we are easily recognizable. The school uniform is nice, cool, and comfortable. Wore it last Otakon and was very pleased when in warm areas ^_^

Definetly fur and not feathers for the collar. Haru wouldn't wear something with feathers *shakes head* I have feathers on my Tohma coat and I moult everywhere X_X but Tohma is definetly a feather person ~_^ Haru is not.

I'm the anime writer for the Charlotte Examimer. Check out my articles!
http://www.examiner.com/x-15939-Char...Anime-Examiner
Tohma is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2004, 01:33 PM   #69
TheLoneWolf
The Beast From The East

*points to gallery*
I've cosplayed Kyou (Winter and Casual, planning to make the summer uniform)
.....And I'll get that Hatsuharu jacket dome someday XD
TheLoneWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2004, 02:08 PM   #70
Hitori
Tra la la

Tohma~ The coat alwais looked like it ought to be white vinyl to mi. But a nice white denim would also look nice.. and I second fur. Fur fur fur.

I'm currentli working on a Momiji cerimonial outfit (as well as summer uniform Kyo, and random artbook Ayame), and I was wondering if there are pictures out there of everione's cerimonial outfit? I've seen Kyo, Yuki, Momiji & Hatori, but I'd *luv* to do a group of said outfits. BTW, progress pics of the outfits mentioned can be seen here:
http://www.geocities.com/yumeyaunmei...temp/Progress/
Comments are appriciated^_^
Unread 04-09-2004, 02:54 PM   #71
Scortia

How does Kyo have one? Do you mean that anime picture? Anyway, there's a questionable pic my friend showed me once of Ritsu and Hiro in similar garb from the manga.... I don't read the manga so I'm unsure... I'll have an original Haru done for Ushicon since it's around Chinese New Year and all (and it'll give me an excuse to sell my current Haru jacket without the group attacking me for it).... your Momiji outfit looks really cute so far ^_^
Unread 04-09-2004, 05:53 PM   #72
Hitori
Tra la la

I don't know whi Kyo has an outfit^.^;; It mai be nothing, but it's on the same page as Yuki, Momiji and Hatori's cerimonial stuffs in the character book. Aniwho, I'm attaching an image of it, not from the character book but the same outfit. I think this image is from a random card set or something.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg anime157.jpg (93.3 KB, 20 views)
Unread 04-09-2004, 07:15 PM   #73
Scortia

lol that's a weak costume ;p They short-handed him there... ;p Is he picture in any manga art wearing this?
Unread 04-09-2004, 07:22 PM   #74
Hitori
Tra la la

In the character book, it's manga art, but pretti much the same outfit. The onli difference is the shoulder/shawl thingi looks like it could be a kimono-esque robe that he's not wearing properli and is white with red designs.
Unread 04-24-2004, 10:02 PM   #75
Matsuki

weeee... hehee I'm planning on making the banquet kimono for Kisa insead of yuki or momiji, although I'll be making it identicle to momiji's kimono I'll have Kisa's hair style and hair color<i think> its such a kyoot costume, but I still need help, does anyone have pictures? ^_^;;;
Matsuki is offline   Reply With Quote