Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 3.75 average.
Unread 05-11-2004, 05:44 PM   #76
animelover630
Bishie Hunter Inc.

:3 I was Kyo at the recent AnimeBoston. It was a last minute thing but it was soooooooo<3 fun and some people actually recognized me. XD If anyone's looking for Kyo's bracelet (the black and white one) it's really easy to get. I found it at Claire's/Icing for $3.25. (I bought it before they could kick me out for screaming a name over and over again ) And at AB there was a Yuki in a dress ( I hate Yuki) but it was still really good anyway. XD
animelover630 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-11-2004, 05:54 PM   #77
elfinder
Yuki Fan Girl

Well I was Yuki at Sakura Con 04 and it was so much fun! Friday I wore his winter uniform almost all day! I had two tohru's with me most of the time. I ran into some others like a kyou and more tohrus. Saturday I wore Yuki's dress hehe and that was fun!

My next furuba costumes...... well are Uo-chan in her winter uniform. Then I'm doing a summer girls uniform top, where I'll be a Yuki fangirl. Then my yuki summer is now complete!
elfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2004, 03:02 PM   #78
bunnybeth
mama bunny

I finally finished up my Kagura costume and wore it to ACen. Plus, somehow I actually talked my husband into going as Kyo. (He's not much of a cosplayer, sadly.) I'm very happy with how the costume turned out, and the fact that the temp dropped back to normal (60s) in Chicago, since I made the Valentine's day outfit, which included a long sleeved yellow top and lined white jacket with green scarf. The weekend before I had it on for a photoshoot and it was in the 80s and only had it on for a half hour and was so hot. Whew. Quite a few people recognized me, and I got my photo with some other Kaguras (green dresses, all) and some Yuki fanclub girls. And, with my own Kyo. I'll have to scan in those photos soon...

[CONversations] A webcomic about the CON experience
[Sew Bunny Cosplay] [BadCat Studios]
bunnybeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2004, 03:06 AM   #79
DeirdraMaeron
Glomper of Demons

Argh! I am trying to pull together a Momiji costume for Animazement and I am having some trouble with that purple hat he wears so often. Does anyone have any good pictures of it? I can't find any that show me the back of it. Also, any good pictures of momiji in either the ruffley pink shirt or the blue shirt with the wide sleeves would be greatly appreciated.

Also, I am considering making some bunny ears to wear with the costume so any pictures of his rabbit form (or his human form with the ears?) would be helpful too. And does anyone know how to make bunny ears?

Sorry, lots of questions, but it is coming down to the wire and I really want to cosplay as Momiji, and his is the costume I'm having the most trouble with.
DeirdraMaeron is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2004, 12:04 AM   #80
ardhri
Falcon in the Dive

Hey, another Momiji at Animazement! I'm going in his school outfit. I also have a fanart pin that I got off ebay and a yellow rabbit I found at Walmart before Easter.

For the ears, is there a costume shop near you? Or a Spencers? Sometimes Spencers sells costume stuff.
ardhri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2004, 10:00 PM   #81
elfinder
Yuki Fan Girl

Well my Yuki summer is done! My friends were over the 15-16th and we had a furuba photoshoot! Check out my cosplay.com gallery to see my fav photos from the photoshoot!

http://members.shaw.ca/elfinderphoto/

While that site has more ^__^ Boy Furuba cosplaying is fun!
elfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2004, 10:10 PM   #82
Kross

i was kyou at the last otakon. im going as him again at otakon this summer XD hopefully i'll find a yuki cuz i didnt see any until i took off my outfit ~.~
Kross is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2004, 01:11 AM   #83
Semyl_Shambrow
Cosplayin as Kagura Sohma

Exclamation Newbie at it

Hey well..I"m new at this cosplaying and this year I'm planning on doing Kagura, with the costume when she first appears (most likely). And well I'm starting off with the backpack first.

Does anyone have a pattern I can use to make it? And some material adice on it? I can't seem to find anything to help make it...

Would it be better to sew it by hand or machine (used to doing it my hand)

>.< please someone help me...

~Semyl
Semyl_Shambrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2004, 01:39 AM   #84
satsuna

Hummm, my next con, witch will be my second time in the world to visit. I'll probably do Tohru, and my friends dyin' to be Hana. Yey, cant wait ^_^, there outfits are to cute....
satsuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2004, 01:10 PM   #85
Hitori
Tra la la

Semyl ~ We used orange fleece, and hand sewed it. The pattern was a modified Winnie the Pooh pattern (it was sort of a cross between him and Tigger). In my opinion, it was the best I'd ever seen, plus functional.
If you need pictures just lemme know^_^
Unread 10-12-2004, 08:06 PM   #86
Semyl_Shambrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitori
Semyl ~ We used orange fleece, and hand sewed it. The pattern was a modified Winnie the Pooh pattern (it was sort of a cross between him and Tigger). In my opinion, it was the best I'd ever seen, plus functional.
If you need pictures just lemme know^_^
^_^ Thanks! Do you know where I can get the pattern...I really suck when it comes to looking for stuff....-weep- I would love pictures too ^^

~Semyl

I need help with Kagura costume!
Unread 10-12-2004, 08:19 PM   #87
Saaski_Moql
The pancake ninja.

I'm almost finished with my Kyou, normal clothes. I just need to finish up wig-work and I'm great. (I made a bracelet for a friend and when I made it too small at first I just kept it for myself and made another one for her. Haven't taken it off since. ^^;; I think that's what really started me on making a Kyou costume)
Saaski_Moql is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2004, 01:35 AM   #88
Hitori
Tra la la

This is what I have for pics at the moment :
http://www.geocities.com/yumeyaunmei..._C/Kagura.html
like it says, it was made for a friend and I don't own it. I'll look through my photos and see if I have better shots.
And I'll have to get back to you on that pattern^.^;; But I recall it's pretty old, and more than likely not made anymore. If you know how to size up a pattern, I can scan or sketch the pieces.
Unread 10-14-2004, 01:42 PM   #89
Semyl_Shambrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitori
This is what I have for pics at the moment :
http://www.geocities.com/yumeyaunmei..._C/Kagura.html
like it says, it was made for a friend and I don't own it. I'll look through my photos and see if I have better shots.
And I'll have to get back to you on that pattern^.^;; But I recall it's pretty old, and more than likely not made anymore. If you know how to size up a pattern, I can scan or sketch the pieces.
^_^ Yes! I would love the pattern, I don't mind if it is old though. Sizing up a pattern...do you mean with photobucket...? If so I can do that sorta, but if you can't I won't mind. Do you know what type of shoes she wears though? I think it's black boots...but I'm not sure yet. Thank you so much, Hitori!!

~Semyl

I need help with Kagura costume!
Unread 10-15-2004, 03:28 PM   #90
bunnybeth
mama bunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semyl_Shambrow
^_^ Yes! I would love the pattern, I don't mind if it is old though. Sizing up a pattern...do you mean with photobucket...? If so I can do that sorta, but if you can't I won't mind. Do you know what type of shoes she wears though? I think it's black boots...but I'm not sure yet. Thank you so much, Hitori!!

~Semyl
In the anime, she wears the same boots with her other winter outfit, tan mid-calf ones. You can view this character ref. image to see what they look like.

I cosplayed her Valentine's day outfit earlier this year. You can see pics of my Kyo backpack on my site. I made up my own pattern and did a combination of hand- and machine-sewing to put it all together. It's not that big, so doing all hand-sewing wouldn't be hard. I used felt for mine, but that's not the best fabric for use as a backpack. Fleece would be better, but I just didn't like the brighter orange color.

[CONversations] A webcomic about the CON experience
[Sew Bunny Cosplay] [BadCat Studios]
bunnybeth is offline   Reply With Quote