Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > General Construction Help

Unread 11-06-2002, 01:55 PM   #1
Radical Urd
Good to be Back

Question What would you do? Nariya and Eriya [Escaflowne]

What to do! What to do! My partner in crime and I are doing Nariya and Eriya from the Escaflowne movie A Girl in Gaea if you've seen this they wear Gold anklets, braclets, arm bands and gold necklaces that start from the shoulders and move all the way up covering the entire neck. They are gold and we want to make them as shiney as possible. But what to make them out of? Would fabric be good or actual metal? We need to get out of them and into them, and be actually able to turn our necks. I don't know what to do so I'm asking the professionals
Radical Urd is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-06-2002, 05:31 PM   #2
Hikaruchan
Have camera, will travel

On the necklace, could make the pieces out of paper clay or sculpty and while still mallable poke hole through pieces for wire to go through. Once dry, can use the decorative/antiquing gold foil that crafts stores have to put a thin film of gold on the pieces. Once got the film applied good, string the pieces into necklace using gold jewelry wire that also usually find in crafts stores.

Could also make them out of material, but probably will need to be reinforced with wire to keep their shape if in a stress area like neck. If could find some shiny PVC like material, lightly stuff it and line the inside edges with wire that only slightly bends might work.

If it is a big necklace that is supposed to be very close to the neck, wouldn't use metal as usually restricts movement in stress area like neck so would poke you if turned head too far.
Hikaruchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2002, 07:27 PM   #3
Karisu-sama
Cosplay.Mom: "Play nice!"
Board Moderator

The Baby Neko Twins did them out of stiffened shiny fabric, I believe, and they looked really great. (look for AX'02 pics of them.) I didn't study the design too closely, though. You might want to ask BabySnowLeopard about it.
Karisu-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2002, 07:48 PM   #4
Radical Urd
Good to be Back

oh your kidding, Karisu-sama? I saw them thats what we are trying to do, what they did. Oh wow their costumes were good, we are trying to get ours that good *gets all stary eyed* Stifened fabric huh? Do you know if BabySnowLeopard is here? Or how I can get a hold of her, or maybe you could ask hor for the way they did it? Arigato!
Unread 11-06-2002, 08:08 PM   #5
Karisu-sama
Cosplay.Mom: "Play nice!"
Board Moderator

BabySnowLeopard IS on this board; look her up in "members", Private Message her if she doesn't list her email.
Karisu-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2002, 05:25 AM   #6
BabySnowLeopard
Panthera Sapiens K

=O Awwww thanks you guys *^_^*
Dude, those costumes were so ghetto up close... good thing no one SAW them up close XD *runs away* ~~~~~~~~~~XD
But~! They will be fixed up, and then they will be all spiffy! Yay! *coughs* ^^;
Oouuu actually Paffles posts here too ^o^

Anyways! ^_^ Eee the gold parts... not even stiffened fabric, it was stretchy!! =D Yayness! So easy to get on n stuffs! It is just a stretchy metallic fabric.... some people called it "vinyl" but it's not like regular vinyl... it feels more like spandex. =P well anyway, I'm sure you'll know it when you see it, I know Joann's had some in the swimwear fabrics section. It is pricey tho =O
Then we just sewed tubes... and sewed lines in them... and pulled them on! And cuz it stretches it's all tight, so it looks like metal cuz no wrinkles =D yay! And the gold parts are drawn skin-tight anyway, so I really think fabric is the best choice ^^

Ouu... I have one thing to say about those costumes tho... the shoes are BLACK!! Not gold! BLACK!! XD Iunno why I was so obsessed with finding gold shoes, for some reason I had in my mind that they were definitely gold, and was set on finding the perfect gold shoes (I agonized over this! XD) and then after getting the shoes I realized I had never actually seen them in color before... so I went and looked, and they were black XD *dies laughing* Oh well... I like my gold shoes better anyway XD heeeeeeee I guess I just really wanted them to be gold ^^;

~Kie
BabySnowLeopard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2002, 10:36 AM   #7
ErikuDeshi

A pair of girls I know did Nariya and Eriya and theres turned out amazingly, maybe you can get some ideas from theirs?

Their site is http://www.geocities.com/lacallacal/main.html
Yay for Aubree and Lesley! =D

Eriku-san
ErikuDeshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2002, 10:34 AM   #8
Radical Urd
Good to be Back

ErikuDeshi, I was taling about the movie version of Nariya and Eriya. Not the television show, but thank you anyway. If you want to know what I mean G2 www.lizzard.net/Escaflowne/ to see the charas i mean. THANK YOU KIE!!!! I OWE YOU MY LIFE!! HOPEFULLY WE CAN MAKE OURS NEARLY AS GOOD AS YOURS!!
Unread 11-10-2002, 08:02 PM   #9
ErikuDeshi

Oops, sorry my bad! Yeah I liked the movie better then the series myself hehe ^_^;

Eriku-san
ErikuDeshi is offline   Reply With Quote