Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Dragon*Con

Unread 04-20-2012, 04:53 PM   #31
TheFontBandit
Trial-&-Error Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by godmi View Post
So I saw a post on the Dragon*Con livejournal about getting together a bunch of Capitol citizen for a couture photoshoot. Is anyone else thinking of doing something like that? I think it'd be a really fun, relaxing costume as compared to the more time consuming and/or hard-to-wear ones.
Depending on the timing, I would be up for that as well!
TheFontBandit is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-21-2012, 04:46 PM   #32
maeblade
Costumers Unite!

Quote:
Originally Posted by godmi View Post
So I saw a post on the Dragon*Con livejournal about getting together a bunch of Capitol citizen for a couture photoshoot. Is anyone else thinking of doing something like that? I think it'd be a really fun, relaxing costume as compared to the more time consuming and/or hard-to-wear ones.
This could be a lot of fun
maeblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2012, 12:58 AM   #33
DaniiChan
something clever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsune View Post
DaniiChan - I think technically she wears it during the interview? I gave away my set of the books last year so I'm hazy on when she wore it, but it's hard to describe it very accurately without spoilers.

Wait, DUH, spoiler tag. It's a minor one, but I had a friend already yell at me for spoiling it, so I don't want to make the same mistake twice. XD So, yeah, Catching Fire spoiler:

SPOILER: (highlight to read)
It's her wedding dress, but I didn't want to do the straight wedding dress, so I'm doing it partially transformed into the Mockingjay dress, so the upper half (or a bit more than half depending on how many feathers I can stand applying) will be the bridal dress and the lower half will with black feathers. And HUGE. SLEEVES. XD

I love doing book interpretations - it's how I first started cosplaying Harry Potter characters (ten years cosplaying the series, and it's only in the last six months I did a movie-accurate costume). Though I also look forward to seeing how it's designed for the movie later on down the road. Seeing other people's interpretations of what you see in your own head is one of my favorite (and sometimes least favorite!) parts of movie adaptations.

ah, so it's different than the one I was talking about, but I know exactly which one (obviously) CAn't wait to see your design!!! I want to tackle that one too one day before the movie comes out... try my hand at designing XD Can't wait to see the pics!!
DaniiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2012, 10:16 PM   #34
TheFontBandit
Trial-&-Error Champion

Quick question... are there any specific, open, Hunger Games get-togethers or photo shoots planned? I couldn't seem to find a schedule or anything anywhere. :P
Unread 06-27-2012, 07:49 PM   #35
Nightengale37
Becca Du

Haymitch Abernathy! With a Katniss and Peeta
Unread 07-20-2012, 07:31 PM   #36
Avianna
Lights Out?

Just bought materials for the Candlelight Dress. I'm not doing it based off the movie. But I think people will get it. At least I hope so :P
Unread 07-20-2012, 08:23 PM   #37
pockyraider

I'll have 2 of Effie Trinket's movie outfits and I'll have a group with me on one day. Katniss, Haymitch, Cinna, Peeta, Thresh as well for Saturday. <3 Can't wait to see everyone!
pockyraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2012, 12:04 AM   #38
DaniiChan
something clever.

Getting close to the con!! Anyone who has FB should join this event: http://www.facebook.com/events/401978299860968/ (for Hunger Games cosplay at D*C)

It's being discussed about having a general Hunger Games photoshoot Saturday at 2pm. How's that sound to everyone here? Does that work?
Unread 07-29-2012, 10:31 PM   #39
TheFontBandit
Trial-&-Error Champion

I checked out the FB page, but it won't seem to let me join or post. I think it's only available to members of the Girl on Fire group, and since I'm doing Effie instead of Katniss, I'm not sure if I should join.

Unfortunately, I'll be wearing a different costume all day on Saturday and won't be able to change in and out of Effie for a 2pm meetup. >_< I'd love to see the photos later though!
Unread 07-30-2012, 05:56 PM   #40
DazzlexMe

I'm thinking about doing Katniss. But I would just be using stuff I have in my closet, not actually making the costume. (No time) But everyone says I look like clove so I'm not sure.
AVPM Harry
Peter Parker
Katniss Everdeen
Rose Tyler
Demi Lovato
DazzlexMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2012, 11:38 AM   #41
laizeohbeets
Dread Pirate Weasley

Is the plan still 2pm on Saturday? Is there a location for it?
laizeohbeets is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2012, 12:57 PM   #42
DaniiChan
something clever.

Going off the Master Photoshoot list: Yes, and it's at the Hilton Steps.
Unread 08-28-2012, 05:27 AM   #43
MicOC25
micmic

Anyone going as Foxface? I'll be there as the district 5 boy tribute in training uniform
Unread 09-07-2012, 03:06 PM   #44
Soulflare

Some pics from the Saturday 2pm Hilton shoot:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lordfai...7631447300474/
Soulflare is offline   Reply With Quote