Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Member Events and Gatherings

Unread 01-20-2004, 12:21 PM   #1
Yuki Eiri
Sweet sweet Valentine

ConnectiCon Anyone? Anyone?!

Don't tell me I'm the only one on these whole forums going to ConnectiCon! I was hoping to meet up with people, you know? I've got a nearly full Gravitation group going.. We're hoping to have a big photoshoot, you know? But yeah.. If there are any other groups going, well, we can meet up and have an even bigger photoshoot.. I swear I better buy lots of film!...Or not, if no one's going to come! *sob!* I'm a sad sad boy. No love for ConnectiCon!

Unread 01-20-2004, 06:29 PM   #2
chou-dono
the next shaman king

poor guy

hey im going with a rurouni kenshin group and trying to get a shaman king group so i wouldnt mind meeting up
chou-dono is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2004, 11:18 PM   #3
Yuki Eiri
Sweet sweet Valentine

Aaaah. Eeecxellent. *Mr burns' voice*... Well, it's good to know I'm not the only one around here going to that con. We'll have to keep in contact, yes? But it seems to me we're the only ones that are going on these forums. Kind of sad, really.
Unread 01-20-2004, 11:30 PM   #4
SpikeSpiegel

Hm, it's in July. I don't even know if I'll be in the state then.

Last edited by SpikeSpiegel : 01-20-2004 at 11:37 PM.
SpikeSpiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2004, 11:38 PM   #5
Yuki Eiri
Sweet sweet Valentine

No? Sad. I'm having my boyfriend ship his bum over here to go to it. Rofl. Would be fun to have a group.. Then again.. I just found out the con existed.. My friend who LIVES in the town it's in didn't even know it was there.
Unread 01-22-2004, 05:43 PM   #6
SohjiroX
X marks the spot

Hmm I might go but I have to know when exactly it is because I have AX than Ota. and I dont want to miss either. and also where it is.

Planned: All Planned for Sakura Con, Fanime, and AX of 09
Heinkel Wolfe - Hellsing Ultimate
Young Walter - Hellsing Dawn
Fox - Secret
Kyo - KOf 98-06
Steve - RECV
Soujiro Seta - Kenshin
Juji - Gun grave overdose
SohjiroX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2004, 06:50 PM   #7
Yuki Eiri
Sweet sweet Valentine

Yeah.. It's The weekend of the 14th or something like that. Lol. It's at the University of Hartford in west Hartford. There are directions on the site at www.connecticon.org
Unread 01-24-2004, 01:52 PM   #8
laerry
Murumo de PON!

I'm going, I'm going! I would have gone last year, but I only heard that it existed, like, the day before the con, and I was up to my elbows in cosplay for Otakon. One of my friends was like, "So, you going to Connecticon?" and I was like, "What the heck is THAT?" Upon further explaination I was like, "Connecticut has it's own anime convention? Why didn't anyone TELL me?!" XD
I'll be there this year, though. Should have a DBGT group, and a Shaman King group (who are you going to have in yours, Chou? Maybe we can join forces ^_~ We've got an Anna, Jun, and Manta for sure, *possible* Yoh and Ryo), and either DiGi Charat or Sugar group, depending on how we feel/what's actually completed ^_^b

For anyone who's been in the past, is there a cosplay *competition*? I've looked at the site, and can't figure out whether there is or not.
Unread 02-20-2004, 04:37 PM   #9
animeneko
Your secret scary friend

Aww... I'd love to go, if I can scrap up enough money and get someone to drive me. Unfortunately, the chances of that are very slim. :/ If I do go, though, I'll look out for you. ^_^
animeneko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2004, 05:18 PM   #10
Adara

Whoo, I'll be going!! Its only a half hour from my house, so yay I dont need a hotel!
If I do make the Kaoru costume I'm planning on making, me and my b/f will have a mini-Kenshin group!! [He has a Sano costume] We also might have a small One Piece group [Nami, Sanji, and TonyTony Chopper].

Has anyone been to ConnectiCon in the past? I heard it wasn't too great...was it good? bad? okay? X.x;

2011 cosplay: Bellatrix LeStrange, Alice (SyFy miniseries)
Adara is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2004, 05:23 PM   #11
chou-dono
the next shaman king

wgat

hey sickness i thought you were going to be in my roken group
chou-dono is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2004, 07:55 PM   #12
Adara

Ummm, do you not remember that huge argument we had? I thought we were "enemies"??

Also, what lunches do you have at school? I have 2nd lunch on both A and B days. We should talk irl some time.

2011 cosplay: Bellatrix LeStrange, Alice (SyFy miniseries)
Adara is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2004, 05:41 AM   #13
liquid nia
Apples versus aviators

I am going! I don't know which costumes I'll be wearing however....So I have to see whats finished, and who else is going!But I know I'll be there, probably because I know I'll be able to drive there myself [ a measly 20 minutes]. And it is July 16-18 if anyone was wondering.
liquid nia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2004, 02:49 PM   #14
Gale
All the world's a stage

as i said on the other thread, i am most definatly going! =) i cant wait! i'll be dressing as Songstress Yuna from FFX-2. hopefully i'll have some friends with me as Rikku & Paine too. looks like there will be a bigger group from cosplay.com this year! granted i didnt join until after the con, but still.

Places you may find me in 2013:
Katsucon ~ ConBust ~ Anime Boston
PortCon Maine ~ ConnectiCon ~ Dragon*Con
Gale is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2004, 07:52 PM   #15
Michieru
Guru Of Magick

Dude, its going to be my second year there. It seriously was a blast when it first started last year. I went as the ancient one from Ronin Warriors. I moved recently to Middletown during the summer. I hope to meet up with you there. I'll be cosplaying as Black Jack this year! We'll all have to get together for sure. That way we all can stay in touch for future references and maybe form our own group. I know all of you are definitely going to enjoy it because its going to be better than ever!!!!