Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Marketplace > Archived Marketplace Forums

Unread 04-06-2012, 01:43 PM   #1
Admin
Administrator
Not Jackie Chan

Rules/Updates

This is a temporary location for the Marketplace, while we create a new version that allows us to keep scammers to a minimum. For more information on why we had to do this, please read the old announcement here: http://www.cosplay.com/announcement.php?f=77

I'm pasting the rules from the old marketplace below. Please post in the appropriate category in this forum.

We are enacting a zero-tolerance policy from this point forward.

IMPORTANT: Non-cosplay items are not allowed in here.

1. The Cosplay.com Marketplace is a free service available to all registered and active Cosplay.com members who have been members of Cosplay.com for at least 30 days, and who have at least 10 posts in the forums.

2. Buyer beware. Cosplay.com is not responsible for any transactions that take place using the marketplace. The service is provided as-is, for our members to use at their own discretion. By using the service, you agree to not hold Cosplay.com liable for any issues that arise from the use of the service.

3. Seller beware. Cosplay.com is not responsible for any transactions that take place using the marketplace. The service is provided as-is, for our members to use at their own discretion. By using the service, you agree to not hold Cosplay.com liable for any issues that arise from the use of the service.

4. Cosplay.com does not warrant the accuracy of any ad or any information posted in the marketplace.

5. By posting an ad, you warrant that the item is in your possession and is available for sale. No pre-sales are allowed.

6. Cosplay.com may, at its sole discretion, remove any ad without the permission of the seller.

7. Anyone receiving repeated complaints will have their account reviewed, with possible site-wide account suspension.

8. All items posted for sale must be used/pre-owned items. NO RESELLERS ALLOWED. Breaking this rule is the fastest way to get banned from the site completely.

9. All advertisements expire after 30 days. After expiration, you may relist your item if it hasn't sold yet.

10. All "commission" ads must be cosplay-related.

11. Photography services, including but not limited to photoshoots, photo prints and photo manipulation, are not allowed.

12. Your ad may not link to any website selling new cosplay items.

13. Your ad may not be used for the purpose of sending people to another website.

14. No links to auctions.

15. No contact lenses.

16. Please clearly define the terms of your sale in your ad details. For example, if you are only accepting Paypal, then say so.

17. Describe your item as specifically as possible.

18. Keywords used in ad placements must be relevant to the item for sale. Intentional keyword abuse will result in the removal of the advertisement.

20. No illegal items. No obscene items. No bootlegs. By using this service you agree to adhere to all applicable laws with regard to the legality, sale, accuracy, payment, and delivery of any item contained in any advertisement you submit.

21. Transactions must be completed off-site. Cosplay.com is not responsible for your transaction. Cosplay.com will not review your transaction. Cosplay.com will not arbitrate or broker your transaction.

22. You are allowed to post the following:

One ad in each of the "Commission For Hire" categories.
Multiple ads in all other categories.

23. When an item is sold, please mark it as sold. You can do so by clicking on "SOLD IT" while looking at your advertisement.

24. Images uploaded must be of the actual item you are selling.

25. No selling of your items in comments for other items. You may not take sales from other members by posting in their advertisements.

26. If you post more than one ad in a Commission category, we will remove all but the oldest ad.

27. Cosplay.com reserves the right to modify these rules at any time. It is up to you to periodically check the rules for your own compliance

Unread 04-06-2012, 02:06 PM   #2
kkroxas2011
Banned

so basiclly when will the marketplace reopen?
Unread 04-06-2012, 02:13 PM   #3
Admin
Administrator
Not Jackie Chan

A few weeks. Until then, please use this forum.

I will also have the previous ads accessible shortly, in case you want to copy your old one over here.
Unread 04-06-2012, 08:03 PM   #4
AmazingKenchan
Sky Pirate Klonoa

I'm an experienced marketplace crawler and moderator, I've been making my living off other marketplaces from other forums for the last 7 years. If you need any assistance, marketplace-specific moderation, etc. I'm willing to offer my services! I've watched cosplay.com for a while, I've only had a 60% successful transaction record here myself, so I'm REALLY happy to see something finally being done about it! Shoot me a PM if you guys need help, I'll pull some credentials for ya
Unread 04-07-2012, 02:22 PM   #5
Ashli-chan
ROW ROW! Fight the power~

When the new Marketplace opens, will all of our previous feedback remain with our accounts? I've had over 50 positives, and I'd really hate to loose all of that.
Unread 04-07-2012, 03:55 PM   #6
Admin
Administrator
Not Jackie Chan

I'll work out a way to carry that over, definitely. New feedback system will be slightly different but I agree that there's no reason you should lose all of your previous positives.
Unread 04-08-2012, 05:38 PM   #7
A14jojo

What will happen to ads that had just been posted before the Marketplace was taken down? Will we have lost all the info we had posted for them? and will there still be a "looking to buy" section?
Unread 04-08-2012, 06:03 PM   #8
Admin
Administrator
Not Jackie Chan

They're not being deleted. I'm taking the day off today and then tomorrow I'll have something up for you to reference your old ads.
Unread 04-09-2012, 11:52 AM   #9
vorquellewen
Mission: Obtain Sparklies

I have a few items that I want to sell but I'm not sure if they are considered strictly cosplay as I understand it, i.e. a specific character. They were made to be worn and have been worn as costumes but are original designs, can I still sell them in the marketplace forum?
Unread 04-09-2012, 03:08 PM   #10
kkroxas2011
Banned

yeah same here
Unread 04-09-2012, 04:47 PM   #11
mizuki_hikaru

Will non-cosplay items ever be allowed again? I'd like to sell some bento-boxes, anime cd's and other asian/convention type stuff. Also are jewelry items still considered cosplay as well as shoes that can be used outside of conventions? I'm sorry for all the questions, but it was kinda nice being able to sell items such as bentos and things that might be used for conventions. Kinda sucks for those that didn't abuse it. Don't get me wrong what must be done must be done, but...awwwww.
Unread 04-09-2012, 11:26 PM   #12
Admin
Administrator
Not Jackie Chan

We're still deciding on the non-cosplay stuff, but I will say in advance that it was around 50% of the complaints. Since non-cosplay is pretty much the same as off-topic, we'll only put that section back up if we know the new feedback system suits it better and we can keep it more under control.

I really don't mind having something like that up, but with the way the marketplace just gets more and more popular, we're also seeing some newer members get to the 10 post count minimum in a rush on Day #29 just to jump in on Day #30 and sell a few plushies and old DVD's. And that's really not what this site is here for. We'll talk about it more in the near future.
Unread 04-13-2012, 01:23 AM   #13
A14jojo

So where can we post "Want to buy" ads?
Unread 04-14-2012, 06:37 PM   #14
xxmossgardenxx
Amahime

Seconding the post asking about where to post Want to Buy adds.

~*Upcoming Con*~
Anime Boston 2014
Unread 04-14-2012, 11:01 PM   #15
CyberCandy
Just a v i r u s

Can I third the wtb ads? XD