Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Marketplace > Archived Marketplace Forums

Unread 04-21-2012, 03:59 PM   #46
Ronnichu
Hairy Hooligan

Yeah, and some people are reposting their ads and bumping all of them every hour or so. THAT is what's annoying.

Unread 04-22-2012, 05:51 PM   #47
angelbabycakes
Scorchcake

Also, where's a mod to delete the threads that have non-cosplay related items? I have seen quite a bit going on.

There should be a bumping limit, as I've stated before...and I miss the marketplace because some people are abusing the forums and not following the rules. It's super annoying.
Unread 04-24-2012, 05:56 PM   #48
Blossomberry

Hi! I don't mean to be a bother, but can a mod please delete my old sales post? It's located here: http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=284329 (I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to ask!). I would like to post a new ad with more costumes, but would like this one deleted first. Thank you!

Unread 04-25-2012, 11:51 AM   #49
yazwriter13

hi im new here and well i don't know how to post ads up? also when i was checking out in the market place thats temporary i saw alot of people being rude to the sellers and also what kinds of things can i sell here like cosplay wise?
Unread 04-25-2012, 11:54 AM   #50
kracken29
You gotta deal with it

Quote:
Originally Posted by yazwriter13 View Post
hi im new here and well i don't know how to post ads up? also when i was checking out in the market place thats temporary i saw alot of people being rude to the sellers and also what kinds of things can i sell here like cosplay wise?
Click 'New Thread', in whichever section you want to post an ad.

Whatever cosplay items you want to sell; wigs, costumes, or props/accessories. They're the subforums listed in the marketplace.
Unread 04-25-2012, 12:36 PM   #51
Ends Beginning
Onward Comrades!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yazwriter13 View Post
Just so you know you should read through the actualy rules before doing anything. It does state that you need at least 30 days of being a memeber and 10 posts before you can post anything in the Marketplace. Were you are brand new you may want to brush up on rules and get to know the site before posting.

"1. The Cosplay.com Marketplace is a free service available to all registered and active Cosplay.com members who have been members of Cosplay.com for at least 30 days, and who have at least 10 posts in the forums."

2014 Convention Schedule-
ConnectiCon -Hartford CT July 11-13
Another Anime Con - Manchester NH October 17-19

~Cosplay 2014 Progress~
Jean!WoC -Attack on Titan 100% done!
Washu Hakubi - Tenchi Muyo! 100% done!
Motoko Kusanagi - GitS 0% (planning stages)

Last edited by Ends Beginning : 04-25-2012 at 12:39 PM.
Unread 04-25-2012, 07:13 PM   #52
Admin
Administrator
Not Jackie Chan

I've added the ability to open/close your own threads. When you no longer need the listing (sold something, or starting a new one) - simply close your thread. You may want to put something at the end stating it was sold or edit the first post to show this.

We are not allowing anyone to delete a thread at this time, since it would mean we can't look something up if there are complaints about a user.
Unread 04-26-2012, 11:14 AM   #53
Ninbri
omnomnom~♥

I've closed my last commission thread (since I have added more things to the list that I can take commissions for) & made a new one, so hopefully that's alright!

Next Con: Mechacon
Saturday:
Stewardess Stocking
Sunday:

Facebook: link
DeviantArt: HERE
Unread 04-27-2012, 11:02 AM   #54
BiZ
fantastic plastic machine

How can I delete a thread? I was on my friend's computer and posted my thread to her account on accident. I closed it and deleted the information but I would like it to be removed to avoid confusion for potential buyers. Thanks.

This is the thread in question:
http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=287179
Unread 04-27-2012, 05:49 PM   #55
Sanda
SH obsessed.

What's the verdict on the bumping? What is a reasonable bump limit? It's too inefficient when the same 10 threads are at the top with "new" replies.
Unread 04-27-2012, 11:58 PM   #56
Ketsivaun

I agree with not bumping every hr even if people are desperate to sell costumes/wigs/etc for money [like me] -cough- guilty as charged. I try not to bump unless I am replying to someone's question or if my thread is on the 2nd or 3rd page. I usually try to wait until my thread is on the 3rd page to bump though so hopefully that doesn't make me look annoying to other cosplay.com users. ;x
Unread 04-28-2012, 01:51 AM   #57
Chelseahavoc
super moonie!

yeah i try to wait at least 2 days and by then my thread is somewhere hidden in the abyss of stuff to sell. i really wish there was a way to edit the topic of the post so i dont contribute to the hoard of topics just to fix my typo or to update what im selling to attract buyers =/
Unread 04-28-2012, 10:14 PM   #58
angelbabycakes
Scorchcake

People are still posting non-cosplay related items. Their threads need to either be closed or edited to exclude these items until it is allowed again, if it is.
Unread 05-01-2012, 11:48 AM   #59
kracken29
You gotta deal with it

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelbabycakes View Post
People are still posting non-cosplay related items. Their threads need to either be closed or edited to exclude these items until it is allowed again, if it is.
Seconded.

I also agree with people continuously bumping their ads. There's no reason for the same 10+ ads to be on the first page every single day. People do read more than just the first page.
Unread 05-01-2012, 03:25 PM   #60
A14jojo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admin View Post
A few weeks. Until then, please use this forum.

I will also have the previous ads accessible shortly, in case you want to copy your old one over here.
Are the old ads still accessible? I recently lost the info for my previous ads and need it desperately.

EDIT: Never mind, someone helped me with that. Sorry for the trouble.

Last edited by A14jojo : 05-01-2012 at 03:29 PM.