Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Other Costumes

Unread 04-09-2012, 12:14 PM   #1
phreak_inc

Finishing touches needed

Hello there,

I've been working on my outfit for some time now, and I've finally nailed it! Dropped the scale armor and updated my style to fit my needs. What i have now is:
- body armor (bulletproof vest style)
- thigh armor (same principle)
- knee high shin protectors (also same style)
- over it all goes a custom belt and shoulder strap to hold my sword (the same as in my pic)
This outfit is worn over my Matrix-style brown coat. It looks great (at least that's what I think), but it lacks the finishing touch. I've been snooping around to find some ideas for logo's and such, but I'm not sure if it'll look right.
The armor is basically a series of streched octagons (i like the straight lines) and I just can't come up with any ideas to give it the final touch.

It's built out of two foam layers over a wiresubframe, which gives it the rounded shape and strength, covered with straight black fabric. I've thought about spraying some figures on there using templates, but will this work? (not too hard to replace the fabric, but still, we don't want to go through endless meters of fabric, now do we?) any help, cool ideas or suggestions are welcome.

I've attached one pic, so you can see the parts. In this pic, it's not finished yet. I'll upload one of those as soon as I get someone to take the pic for me.

http://img811.imageshack.us/img811/8990/imag0200cb.jpg

thanks!
phreak_inc is offline   Reply With Quote