Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Sakura Con

Unread 04-10-2012, 12:19 AM   #16
LeekFish
Clow Reader

On the topic of on-site reg, that definitely needs to be fixed. My girlfriend went before they even opened and was still stuck in line for about two hours. Five to eight hours is definitely unacceptable; what's the point in even going if you spend half your time in just one line?

2013 Cosplays
Ultimate Madoka, Puella Magi Madoka Magica - 93%
Fluttershy, My Little Pony - 85%
Cocoa, Fisheye Placebo - 100%
Gumi (Camellia), Vocaloid - 50%
Rainbow Dash, My Little Pony - 60%
Fionna, Adventure Time - 70%
LeekFish is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-11-2012, 08:16 PM   #17
tarinalove
alsoknownas Katarini

I didn't get a lanyard. My friend got one though and she registered in line. :/ ???

Anyway, from what I heard, the masquerade was wayyy over packed and so a lot of people could not get in or dance. I personally didn't attend this year. But, maybe for future reference, have people register for the masquerade and make it by "registration" only? You sign up online and they have the room capacity limit and then some and if people decide to leave, they "check out" and then it's a first come first serve basis. I dunno, that's only if it's super packed I guess.

I missed some panels I wanted to see by my own fault. But I had a lot of fun this year! I did see the Anime Swimsuit Contest and was lucky enough to get to sit in the front row via the floor and take photos. :3
I'm kinda sad I never made it over to the artists alley. I'm not sure if I like it being in the same room as the Dealer's hall since that's SO confusing and I get overwhelmed, I never got that far over in the room.

I also got to attend the Swap Meet panel on Sunday and that was a wonderful panel! I def. recommend going to that if you enjoy fun times and trading old anime/manga for new stuff!

Overall this year was well ran and was fun.

I did attend the EDM dance on Friday but found it kind of boring, and just could not get into it. Left after an hour of dancing. The dj's were okay, but I had more fun in my previous years.

Anywho, that's all I guess. I give the con an 7.5 out of 10. Some small errors but well ran.

https://www.facebook.com/RinaMeowsir
I take commissions, just send me a message. <3
tarinalove is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2012, 05:24 PM   #18
Safir-Hime
the sewing never stops...

I really enjoyed that the artist alley was connected to the dealers hall, it was so nice and convenient! I bet it helped the artists with sales too~

What I didn't like was just the fact that I never got into any of the panels I wanted because of lines, I mean, I always expect lines, but it seems to me like they were horribly unprepared for the crowds this year. Half the line at the panels I wanted to go to wouldn't end up getting into the panel because the room was too small.

While the staff were a bit pushy with keeping traffic moving around the doors and stuff, I think it was wonderful because it really helped out. I got told quite a few times myself to keep moving, my fault, I just didn't realize where I was standing when I was asked for a picture. But I still appreciated the pushy-ness ^^

The Peacebonding up by Pre-Reg- adored it. I was thinking I'd have to scout across the entire convention trying to find a peacebonding stand, but nope! It was right there for convenience!

Hat shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/SafirHime
Safir-Hime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2012, 05:21 PM   #19
Kaileena Sedai
Empress of Time

[quote=Safir-Hime;4354900]I really enjoyed that the artist alley was connected to the dealers hall, it was so nice and convenient! I bet it helped the artists with sales too~[quote]

This! It was nice to just have them next to each other. I know friends and I were able to just walk over and buy so that was a nice change.

Quote:
The Peacebonding up by Pre-Reg- adored it. I was thinking I'd have to scout across the entire convention trying to find a peacebonding stand, but nope! It was right there for convenience!
There was another one? I missed that, my friend had to go upstairs by the Artist alley and the gaming rooms. On the way up no less then six staff members accosted her to tell her to get her sword peace bonded. By the sixth person, I had nearly lost my temper, she was still cool but good lord if you want things peace bonded so badly put the damn thing on the ground floor. I didn't know there was one over by the Pre-reg. Next year I'll let her know about that.

Pros: I enjoyed the panels that I went to this year. I saw briefly the belly dance one and if any of them are around on the boards, or anyone knows them, as a fellow dancer I'd love to give them my appreciation. I really liked the people who go to the cons and the staff, mostly, didn't give me any problems. I am a rule follower though so that's probably why. *laughs* I also liked that the pick up badge place was across the street. I had no trouble with lines when I went.

Cons: I HATED the new autograph system. I preferred the first come first served way of doing things. While I realize that the new way may be a bit more organized, at the same time. There were times when I was doing something else and just couldn't make a panel. My friend wanted to hit a photoshoot but couldn't because we had to go right from one panel to the autograph line. Whereas if we hadn't had to hit the panel she could have made the photoshoot. I also really would like to know if there is anywhere that you are allowed to drink? As at 28 i'm a bit old to be yelled at for drinking outside the convention space.
Unread 05-19-2012, 01:24 PM   #20
kuroki-neko
A hero reborn

[quote=Kaileena Sedai;4359397][quote=Safir-Hime;4354900]I really enjoyed that the artist alley was connected to the dealers hall, it was so nice and convenient! I bet it helped the artists with sales too~
Quote:

Cons: I HATED the new autograph system. I preferred the first come first served way of doing things. While I realize that the new way may be a bit more organized, at the same time. There were times when I was doing something else and just couldn't make a panel. My friend wanted to hit a photoshoot but couldn't because we had to go right from one panel to the autograph line. Whereas if we hadn't had to hit the panel she could have made the photoshoot. I also really would like to know if there is anywhere that you are allowed to drink? As at 28 i'm a bit old to be yelled at for drinking outside the convention space.
yea i agree with the autographs, i wanted to get chrisopther sebats autograph for my gf because she is a big fan of him and i never have gotten an autograph before at a con so i did not know what to do
Unread 05-27-2012, 04:15 PM   #21
IvyShort

Can't argue with most of this stuff, just have a few things to add.

One - yes, PLEASE put photoshoots in the schedule next year. I went to a different one each day and actually arrived three hours early for the Saturday Bleach shoot... (Not a big deal because people were already there and we basically just spent the next five hours sitting on the rocks being awesome), but it really would have been nice to be able to reference it.

Two - I understand that this is a big con. I understand that they don't want huge clumps of people clogging everything up. But seriously, there wasn't even a place to SIT where the staffers wouldn't ask you to move. My group was off to the side in one of the main rooms, and there were about eight of us all in Bleach cosplay. All right, that's going to attract attention, right? So we get asked for a lot of pictures. We aren't clogging up the hallway, but staffers come over to ask us to move outside.

Seriously, it's a big con. But there's plenty of room for everyone.

Three - the DA meet and greet was held in quite possibly the smallest room they had at the Convention Center. I'm not even kidding. Coming from the FMA photoshoot on Sunday, about ten minutes after the meet and greet had started, the room was full to capacity and we were turned away. DA is a huge site, and I'd bet three-quarters of the con-goers are ON DA. Why not hold it in a bigger room so everyone can feel the love?
IvyShort is offline   Reply With Quote