Go Back   Cosplay.com > Canada Convention Forums > Anime North

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 12 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 04-11-2012, 10:12 PM   #31
Lightning Baron
School of Puzzle Fighter

The Gino's Pizza in Waterloo was really good. I think it was because they made pizza their way. The higher up found out and were like Make pizza our way or you can be called Gino's pizza any more. They are now knowen as campus pizza, still a pretty darn good slice. To bad there is no place you can just go and grab a slice easy.

http://lightning--baron.deviantart.com/
Lightning Baron is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-11-2012, 10:36 PM   #32
Miliyah

a recommendation from me
indicate which ones have takeout service
^^
Unread 04-11-2012, 10:53 PM   #33
Lightning Baron
School of Puzzle Fighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miliyah View Post
a recommendation from me
indicate which ones have takeout service
^^
pretty much anyone you can call most likely will to take out. If there is a phone number you should be able to get takeout from them.

Unread 04-12-2012, 02:17 AM   #34
Arti

If I had to recommend a pizza place in the Toronto area, Pizza Pizza is a popular franchise here. Ofc, that assumes if you're calling delivery. Otherwise, <insert pizza franchise here> is bound to be in the etobicoke area.

The closest one near AN is 1.5km east at Dixon and Kipling. I'll mark it on the map.
Arti is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2012, 07:53 PM   #35
Lightning Baron
School of Puzzle Fighter

Added a few more places.

Unread 04-22-2012, 11:42 PM   #36
darth_horo
This is my scary face

Worth mentioning to all new comers to AN;

Harvey's usually has free original burgers on the last weekend of may - one by convention will be packed, but if you have a friend or two and want to drive out, there is a place or two not far from the convention where you can grab a free meal.

Fan Expo 2013:
First Costume: Commissar Lord - Warhammer 40k: Completed/Touch Up

Anime North Cosplay 2014:
First Costume: Dark Angel's Space Marine - Warhammer 40k: 0%
Second Costume: Commissar Lord - Warhammer 40k: Completed/Touch Up

Quote:
"To me guardsmen, to me! This is your last stand! No doubts, NO FEAR." - Commissar Lord Bernn
darth_horo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2012, 09:08 AM   #37
SuperBee
Jill of all trades

If you want a good gluten free pizza, go to Toppers!

Anyway thanks for this post... I usually wimp out and join the never ending Harveys line for some fries.... Not gotta look for gluten free options.

Giant Diglett will return!

Possible Future Cosplays:
-Zapdos Original design (humanoid)
-Unown Original design (humanoid)
-Giant Gastly
-Marika Kato - Pirate Captain
SuperBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2012, 11:37 AM   #38
Kagomekai

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosie44442003 View Post
I kinda like the stickies they seem to be inportant to me. Can you leave this one and unsticky the ones that are never updated/arnt relevant anymore?
I agree can you please keep this stickied, I don't really want to have to dig for this because it was moved by other threads in this forum.
Gajinka Gatomon (humanoid)
Ymir from SNK
Kagomekai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2012, 11:56 AM   #39
Merino
Magical Girl

I think a good thing to add to this thread is cosplay etiquette at restaurants, as I have seen some things I am not proud of over the years. I can give a couple ideas:

- DO NOT take pictures of cosplayers in ANY restaurant. Chain places have a lot of rules and you will likely be scolded for trying to take pictures.

- Do not wear a large, bulky costume when you are going to a restaurant, it is not fair to those eating at your table or to your server who has to go around you.

- Do not wear your fancy costume to go eat (unless you have a bib or something to protect your costume). Food stains, and oil based stains can be very difficult to get out.

- Do not use their bathroom to do make-up touch ups or change into costume. There are plenty of other places to do this, restaurants are busy other other customers (both convention goers and non-convention goers)

(Not cosplay but important)

- Be pleasant to your host and server, it is a very busy weekend for them
- Tip your server. Pretty self explanatory. (However the exception is if you believe their service was very poor then it is your choice to not tip. Wanting to spend your money on things in the dealers room instead is not a good excuse.)

- Anime North is sold out of weekend passes this year, that means there are at least 20,000 people looking to go eat. Be patient! There will be wait lines. Try going at non-peak hours if you do not like waiting. Also, being an Anime convention Sushi is very popular. Don't go to Sushi if you don't like waiting.
Unread 04-23-2012, 12:17 PM   #40
Kagomekai

Some restaurants don't mind as long as you don't get a hostess/waiter/employee in the picture, such as Jack Astors. (My Aunt had her batchlorette supper at the one near where I live. Lots of pictures were taken, the hostess was fine with it aslong as she was not in any.)
Gajinka Gatomon (humanoid)
Ymir from SNK
Kagomekai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2012, 12:20 PM   #41
Lightning Baron
School of Puzzle Fighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merino View Post
I think a good thing to add to this thread is cosplay etiquette at restaurants, as I have seen some things I am not proud of over the years. I can give a couple ideas:

- DO NOT take pictures of cosplayers in ANY restaurant. Chain places have a lot of rules and you will likely be scolded for trying to take pictures.

- Do not wear a large, bulky costume when you are going to a restaurant, it is not fair to those eating at your table or to your server who has to go around you.

- Do not wear your fancy costume to go eat (unless you have a bib or something to protect your costume). Food stains, and oil based stains can be very difficult to get out.

- Do not use their bathroom to do make-up touch ups or change into costume. There are plenty of other places to do this, restaurants are busy other other customers (both convention goers and non-convention goers)

(Not cosplay but important)

- Be pleasant to your host and server, it is a very busy weekend for them
- Tip your server. Pretty self explanatory. (However the exception is if you believe their service was very poor then it is your choice to not tip. Wanting to spend your money on things in the dealers room instead is not a good excuse.)

- Anime North is sold out of weekend passes this year, that means there are at least 20,000 people looking to go eat. Be patient! There will be wait lines. Try going at non-peak hours if you do not like waiting. Also, being an Anime convention Sushi is very popular. Don't go to Sushi if you don't like waiting.
Thanks Merino!

Unread 04-23-2012, 03:46 PM   #42
Arti

Quote:
Originally Posted by darth_horo View Post
Worth mentioning to all new comers to AN;

Harvey's usually has free original burgers on the last weekend of may - one by convention will be packed, but if you have a friend or two and want to drive out, there is a place or two not far from the convention where you can grab a free meal.
They stopped running this since 2010. Harvey's ran a customer appreciation day on the last sunday of May from 2007-2009 where you can get a free burger at participating harveys locations, which coincidentally had one of the busiest conventions happening during that weekend for one perticular location.

I just don't want to see pitchforks raised on that sunday
Arti is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2012, 04:43 PM   #43
seiryuux
Cosplay Chameleon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merino View Post
Boo... I want to bust out my Star Wars lightsaber chopsticks for sushi...

Facebook
Fanfiction.net - Persona 3 Portable: Where No Persona Has Gone Before
seiryuux is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2012, 05:01 PM   #44
Rainbowgasm
fruity goodness!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arti View Post
They stopped running this since 2010. Harvey's ran a customer appreciation day on the last sunday of May from 2007-2009 where you can get a free burger at participating harveys locations, which coincidentally had one of the busiest conventions happening during that weekend for one perticular location.

I just don't want to see pitchforks raised on that sunday
they had it on Sunday last year... I got one right before we left...
Battler Ushiromiya from Umineko no Naku Koro Ni
Rainbowgasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2012, 09:27 PM   #45
rosie44442003
Just call me Rosie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosie44442003 View Post
this website has a load of resturants on it and it comes with great coupons like this one for fox bistro! Never used them before so don't know if they will take them at the resturant but the coupons update regularily and I don't see the harm in trying.

http://www.torontorestaurants.com/thefoxbistro
The applicable coupons are now up!!!
Saturday-Leafa from Sword Art Online
Sunday-More Steampunk
rosie44442003 is offline   Reply With Quote