Go Back   Cosplay.com > Canada Convention Forums > Anime North

Closed Thread
Unread 01-22-2012, 08:34 PM   #16
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

If she gets some of the people she's selling for to actually be there for part of the night (like, setup and the first hour or two), you can get one table per person registered, but nope, you can't book extra tables for other people.

Also, the tables are pretty big; I think around two and a half feet wide, and five or six feet long.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Help me get rid of my parasprite swarm! --> http://tinyurl.com/brcp53c

Last edited by ShinobiXikyu : 01-22-2012 at 09:30 PM.

Unread 01-23-2012, 09:03 AM   #17
Ani_BEE
Black Magic Woman

Miliyah I recommended you friend not trying to bring everything she has to sell and bring what she can fit in the car. I had a lot of boxes last year as well (4 or 5) and poster folder and I was alright. If she can bring a small shelving unit to display items on.

I was able to sell a lot of things despite not able to showcase them on (I had figure in group bags in a box to make room) and had to stable my manga in piles on the table to get it all on. lol

I still had to bring home stuff but I got ride of 2 larger boxes. Also if you can't move it all on one Hand Trolley she might have issue leaving at the end off the day as it's hard to find your friends to help you move your items back to the hotel.

I used a fold up hand trolley my Dad let me barrow.

FanEXPO
Regina ~ Once Upon a Time(Fri)
Madeline Hatter ~ Ever After High (Sat)

Future cosplays/cons:
Anime North, Otakuthon, FanEXPO '15
Nehelenia
Allen Crown Clown
Sakizo Anniversary
Steampunk - Bride

For Sale
My Wigs • Mascot, Costumes (Humanity has Declined) & D.Gray-man Poker Cards • Zori&Tabi from Japan

Arda & Shop.cosplay wig fiber swatch comparisons & Cosplay props tutorials and Makeup revies!

Last edited by Ani_BEE : 01-23-2012 at 09:07 AM.
Unread 01-23-2012, 10:12 AM   #18
Yunalicia
Yevonite

Does anyone know if the organizers have found a way (or even care) to keep out the stores who brought their over flow merch to sell at the nominoichi? I found some great things last year but was kinda P.O.'d when saw obvious stores trying to unload extra stuff for pretty much full price.

Planned Cons:
*:AnimeNorth:*:2011:*
<3 Ai-Kon 2o11 <3
Unread 01-24-2012, 05:57 AM   #19
ari0aki

I'll be selling again this year, but probably only taking a half table since the price for the tables have gotten rather ridiculous. I dimly recall the good old days when it was only $10 a table. I still can't believe though that in the few years it's run it's reached what $30-40? Honestly can't afford that.

I don't think I'll have much to sell this year anyway. Mostly just DVDs, Manga and I think I still have a bunch of old Anime Insider issues that I really want to get rid off. I'll update my list and post it sometime next month.

Oh and I'm looking for the Descendents of Darkness boxset, YuGiOh dvds and Pokemon the first movie so if anyone is planning on selling, pm the volumes you have and I might just take them off your hands

Last edited by ari0aki : 03-02-2012 at 10:23 PM.
Unread 01-24-2012, 11:27 AM   #20
Ani_BEE
Black Magic Woman

Last year was $30 but the space is larger and the location is the TCC which charges more for that space.

You will make back that $30 more then likely. ^_^

Yunalicia they can't prevent poeple from signing up that has a store but you can report them during the event to prevent them from registering again. AND if people are looking for a deal they will buy from them as a last resort.

FanEXPO
Regina ~ Once Upon a Time(Fri)
Madeline Hatter ~ Ever After High (Sat)

Future cosplays/cons:
Anime North, Otakuthon, FanEXPO '15
Nehelenia
Allen Crown Clown
Sakizo Anniversary
Steampunk - Bride

For Sale
My Wigs • Mascot, Costumes (Humanity has Declined) & D.Gray-man Poker Cards • Zori&Tabi from Japan

Arda & Shop.cosplay wig fiber swatch comparisons & Cosplay props tutorials and Makeup revies!
Unread 01-24-2012, 07:38 PM   #21
Yunalicia
Yevonite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ani_BEE View Post
Yunalicia they can't prevent people from signing up that has a store but you can report them during the event to prevent them from registering again. AND if people are looking for a deal they will buy from them as a last resort.
Yeah, I figured as much. I was just severely disappointed last year when you could tell stores were in there selling stuff at full price. The nom is supposed to be to get rid of your used anime stuff, not to try an sell your overstock of YuGiOh manga

I didn't think reporting was possible last year because it was so damn crowded and no one seemed to care about that, why would they care about a suspicious person as long as the payed for the table?

I really hope they either expand again or actually take limiting people in at the time seriously. It was almost dangerous last year.

Planned Cons:
*:AnimeNorth:*:2011:*
<3 Ai-Kon 2o11 <3
Unread 01-28-2012, 01:44 PM   #22
kuroi_shi
Nerd Girl

I might be back depending on how many people are interested in buying my stuff... I have everything CLAMP for sale.. All of their manga that was released in English ( including rare stuff like Clover in it's original 4 book format) , a bunch of dvds, including chobits, cardcaptor sakura, and angelic layer, and a ton of art books, and the chess set

Last edited by kuroi_shi : 01-28-2012 at 01:50 PM.
Unread 01-28-2012, 02:06 PM   #23
Kireikage
Rizu Zeto

I'm probably going to get a table. I've got a good chunk of old pokemon and sailor moon stuff, as well as a couple other anime knicknacks to sell... Not sure if I'd need the whole table though....

Teen Titans - Jinx
Homestuck - The Disciple
Unread 01-28-2012, 02:41 PM   #24
Majikku
Twin 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miliyah View Post
lol thats exactly what i was thinking
but she keeps on insisting that she needs that amount of space because of the sheer amount of stuff o__o;;
apparently theres too much stuff it wont fit 'in the back' if we restock the table when we make a sale :\
Can you guys get like, 2 people to sell this stuff so you each can book a table? That's the only way you're going to get around that. And there was space behind where I was selling last year to put extra stuff. I was one of the tables around the edge and there was plenty of room.

Cosplayer and Photographer.
Check out my photography!
http://www.facebook.com/HeartCandyPhotography

Unread 02-05-2012, 04:54 AM   #25
Amaya Hikari
Rawr, I bite

Ahh, good to see this thread up and running early this year! Sadly I doubt I'll be selling (out of the hockey duffel bag full of stuff I brought last year, I have 3 books and 4 DVDs left) unless I find more junk to get rid of XD

However, if anyone happens to be selling any Digimon merch (original plushies, figurines, digivices, DVDs, etc) or any Yu Yu Hakusho merch (keychains, plushies, figures, etc) please, please let me know! Also if anyone's selling the first season of Medabots I'd love to hear from them ^^ Even though I won't be selling this year I will definitely be going in as a buyer.

Also, if anyone who is selling happens to be short handed, or just wants an extra set of hands for set up/restocking/whatever you can think of, feel free to drop me a PM and I'd be happy to volunteer to help out =) I've got two years of Nominoichi experience as a seller under my belt.

ANIME NORTH '13

Thursday: Street Clothes
Friday: Clara - The Guild
Saturday: Gothic Outfit
Sunday: Lulu - FFX
Unread 02-05-2012, 09:29 PM   #26
DreamKitty
Living the Dream.

I have a crazy amount of blind boxes and other figures and gashapons that I've collected while in Japan that I'm hoping to sell.
I also have an obscene amount of stationery. Does anyone know if I can sell that at the table?

Come visit my cosplay page~ DreamKitty Cosplay
Unread 02-05-2012, 10:03 PM   #27
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Also selling this year, like I said earlier, but I'm also looking to buy Angel Sanctuary manga. (I have 1-3 right now, and plan to get at least three or four more volumes) if anyone has it, pm me, because I'm certainly wanting to buy it.

I guess it's a tad too early to put up full selling lists this year?
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Help me get rid of my parasprite swarm! --> http://tinyurl.com/brcp53c
Unread 02-06-2012, 08:53 AM   #28
no-more-thread
Rabbits riding Motorcycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamKitty View Post
I have a crazy amount of blind boxes and other figures and gashapons that I've collected while in Japan that I'm hoping to sell.
I also have an obscene amount of stationery. Does anyone know if I can sell that at the table?
the same listed on your site? i hope you can bring it! i love cute stationary!
Unread 02-06-2012, 09:23 AM   #29
Merino
Bucket Loli

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroi_shi View Post
I might be back depending on how many people are interested in buying my stuff... I have everything CLAMP for sale.. All of their manga that was released in English ( including rare stuff like Clover in it's original 4 book format) , a bunch of dvds, including chobits, cardcaptor sakura, and angelic layer, and a ton of art books, and the chess set
What cardcaptor Sakura are you selling? The Cardcaptors English release or the Original Japanese that Funimation put out a while back? If it is the later, I would be super interested in it.
Unread 02-06-2012, 02:25 PM   #30
trixyloupwolf
A LONELY kitty

i might be selling a lot this year i have so much thing that need to be sell off
i wonder how ill bring or carri all that my god =_=;;;;;;;;

anyway i have a lot
book
figurine
star wars scum rare it seem ( ebay more then 200$ 0_o wtf)

and hairfall i have no more use of almost new
and many other thing ^^::

including a lot of dvd box set
and solo dvd ^^

and 1 art book !!

so hopefully i doubt so it be not same time as the skit competition i miss the nomichi each year its frustrating at the end =_= nyuuu!!!!

were no one is...there i should hide and awaite.....
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c2...1_edited-2.jpg
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c2...600x120-v4.jpg
Closed Thread