Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Katsucon

Unread 02-10-2013, 11:33 AM   #1
Wingedisis16

Exclamation Caution: Possible Snow

Over the last week I have been looking at the weather for the con, mainly for the temp numbers. However over the last few days Rain, now Snow has appeared on the forecast. I'll still be looking at it, to see if it changes, however as of right now snow showers are on for Saturday and Sunday with highs in the low 30's. Friday looks great, being sunny and high in the 40's.

A plus note...ever time they have said DC will get snow this year, only once have we gotten any.

Regardless stay safe on the way to and from Katsu, and hope to see ya there!
Wingedisis16 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-10-2013, 05:16 PM   #2
DespairedPheonix
Elilicious

Well hopefully there won't be anything Thursday or Sunday ^^;
In the works: Asuna, Sword Art Online (40%) | Rapunzel, Tangled (0%)| Punk Sailor Moon (20%) | Lulu (FFX) (0%)

Facebook
| Deviantart
DespairedPheonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2013, 05:18 PM   #3
Duelistbluerose
awww yiss

If it's gonna snow I hope its fluffy snow and not rain. It'll make for good photo-ops
Duelistbluerose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2013, 06:28 PM   #4
Fudoo
Often lost

Most of what came already came we should be fairly good weather wise. That's how Maryland has always been XD
Fudoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2013, 11:14 PM   #5
sesshiyasha

I wouldn't necessarily mind a Blizzard snowing us all in together at Katsu xD
sesshiyasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2013, 09:08 AM   #6
DespairedPheonix
Elilicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by sesshiyasha View Post
I wouldn't necessarily mind a Blizzard snowing us all in together at Katsu xD
for those of us who have to work on monday thats kind of a bad thing ^^;

In other news,

I actually just received word that we're supposed to get snow up here in NY on Sunday. I hope that's not the case, I drive a VW Beetle. That would be a very scary drive home XD;
In the works: Asuna, Sword Art Online (40%) | Rapunzel, Tangled (0%)| Punk Sailor Moon (20%) | Lulu (FFX) (0%)

Facebook
| Deviantart
Unread 02-11-2013, 11:02 AM   #7
Fudoo
Often lost

Its happened before and people have had to pay for extra nights in the hotel which is fairly expensive
Fudoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2013, 11:12 AM   #8
DespairedPheonix
Elilicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudoo View Post
Its happened before and people have had to pay for extra nights in the hotel which is fairly expensive
yea. this too. I dont think I could afford an extra night :/

Facebook
| Deviantart
Unread 02-11-2013, 11:21 AM   #9
Andrea
Stupid Sexy Kotetsu

The first year I went was the year that the blizzard dumped tons of snow along the entire route from Michigan, through Indiana and Ohio and PA and MD... I didn't actually mind that much, because compared to some of the road conditions I grew up with in MI, it wasn't that bad - but the drivers from all those other states were freaking out and the weather folks on TV were like "DO NOT DRIVE AT ALL. STAY INSIDE. REALLY FOLKS. DO NOT DRIVE." So there was barely any traffic, and we actually made excellent time.

And every time we stopped along the way and someone asked "Where are you headed in this mess?" and we said DC, they would then ask "Are you crazy?!" and we'd say we're from Michigan, and they'd just go "Ohhhhhh..." in an understanding tone. XD
Unread 02-11-2013, 02:12 PM   #10
Lostdreamz
I bought Lavi..literally!

there is a chance of a storm system hitting the DC area later Wednesday night into Thursday morning, they aren't sure of the direct path yet, it may even stay way south of DC, which I'm so hoping!! (I'm traveling from the mountains in Pa so I'm used to snow but its all the other crazies as you go south you run into that freak out)...

anyhow on www.accuweather.com and www.weather.com they DO NOT mention this system so I'm staying pretty positive right now.....

We found this "POSSIBLE" weather on http://www.facebook.com/easternpaweatherauthority (lets hope they are wrong!!!!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrea View Post
The first year I went was the year that the blizzard dumped tons of snow along the entire route from Michigan, through Indiana and Ohio and PA and MD... I didn't actually mind that much, because compared to some of the road conditions I grew up with in MI, it wasn't that bad - but the drivers from all those other states were freaking out and the weather folks on TV were like "DO NOT DRIVE AT ALL. STAY INSIDE. REALLY FOLKS. DO NOT DRIVE." So there was barely any traffic, and we actually made excellent time.

And every time we stopped along the way and someone asked "Where are you headed in this mess?" and we said DC, they would then ask "Are you crazy?!" and we'd say we're from Michigan, and they'd just go "Ohhhhhh..." in an understanding tone. XD
I rem that year we had 2 ft snow here, and still even tho most of the interstates were single lane it wasnt all that bad driving down, altho attendance was a lil low that year I remember even the pre reg badges didnt arrive on time for thursday pre reg pick up! XD

Last edited by Lostdreamz : 02-11-2013 at 02:17 PM.
Lostdreamz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2013, 02:31 PM   #11
Ghai

I'm actually hoping for snow fall. maybe not a bunch of sticking, but a a light snow would be awesome.
Ghai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2013, 02:57 PM   #12
girlswithcomics

I'm fairly certain a blizzard did hit Katsu a few years ago, snowing in most of the people there!

For now, weather.gov says there's a chance for snow and rain...so we probably won't get anything.
Unread 02-11-2013, 07:30 PM   #13
DespairedPheonix
Elilicious

*crosses fingers*

Facebook
| Deviantart
Unread 02-11-2013, 07:32 PM   #14
Aurora Maryte
The Voice of an Angel

Yeah, a blizzard did hit. We had to cancel going because our governor decided to close all the roads, even though it really wasn't that bad...though people in the western part of the state got it bad, so I guess he was just trying to keep everyone safe. Idk. Christie is a control freak though.
But some people I know did manage to get there, and then were stuck an extra day.
We weren't going for the whole weekend...I guess if we were and had left sooner we would've been stuck there too.
I hope it snows because of awesome photo ops, but on Friday night or Saturday, so that by the time everyone has to drive home they are safe. And then some snow up here in NJ Sunday night would be great, I'd love to have no school Monday.

Conventions 2014~
-Katsucon- -Castle Point- -AnimeNEXT- -Philly Comic Con- -NYCC-
2014 Cosplays~ Celes Chere-opera gown(FF: VI); Dr. Princess(Adventure Time); Eowyn- green dress(LOTR); Magik(X-men); Anna(Frozen); Apple Pie(Sakizou); Stella(FF: XV); Scarlet Witch(Uncanny Avengers)

Aurora Maryte is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2013, 08:10 PM   #15
Lostdreamz
I bought Lavi..literally!

Yesh a lil bit of snow would be nice for pics, but just so everyone gets there safe, the more i think about my post i realized the early Thursday only affects those who go down early any how XD
Lostdreamz is offline   Reply With Quote