Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Costume Critique

Unread 04-13-2012, 12:40 PM   #1
Thearah
Is the Smexy Fran

Seung Mina (Soul Calibur III)

SO. This is my Seung Mina cosplay. I made it in about four days, and I'm actually quite proud of it. But like a lot of people, sometimes I miss little details. Which is what you guys are for~

Take a looky and tell me what's going on!

A FEW NOTES FIRST-- Working on getting the polearm smoother, so I know it looks a little notchy.

REF--

---

My boot covers got wet and started drooping, so in some pics, you might see my actual boot-- since the velcro kinda messed up and the green flaps fell down. It has already been fixed tho!

Officer Jenny ---> 80%
Thearah is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-13-2012, 06:31 PM   #2
Penlowe

Looks good! If the boots fell once, they could fall again. I recommend more or stronger inner facing. If you need a slouchy look, but also need an item to defy gravity (like your boots) you can make the innerfacing fitted and just hand tack the loose parts in any places where they would touch around the highest points of the item. horsehair braid (which today made of plastic) can help there too.

I don't care for the fourth picture down as the pose accentuates how tight the sleeves (by necessity) are. Remember, artist get to defy all the laws of gravity and physics that we mere mortals can't get away with, magically stretchy off the should sleeves fall into that category. It looks good and right, as long as your arms are down.
Penlowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2012, 11:25 PM   #3
Thearah
Is the Smexy Fran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penlowe View Post
Looks good! If the boots fell once, they could fall again. I recommend more or stronger inner facing. If you need a slouchy look, but also need an item to defy gravity (like your boots) you can make the innerfacing fitted and just hand tack the loose parts in any places where they would touch around the highest points of the item. horsehair braid (which today made of plastic) can help there too.

I don't care for the fourth picture down as the pose accentuates how tight the sleeves (by necessity) are. Remember, artist get to defy all the laws of gravity and physics that we mere mortals can't get away with, magically stretchy off the should sleeves fall into that category. It looks good and right, as long as your arms are down.
They didn't actually fall. It's kinda hard to explain, lol, without having the boot to show you! The flaps naturally stick up-- they only fell because I went wading through water. Before this, I've never had a problem! Velcro holds that flaps up and flat against the boot.

I can see what your talking about-- but the sleeves aren't actually tight. They actually REALLY loose on me-- Loose to the point where I have to be careful looking over. Yea, the shirt pulls up when I lift my arms, but it was designed to do that because it looks like Seung Mina's does, and it DEFINITELY does in the game, lol. I don't know why they look tight tho, since they really aren't. @.@

THANKS FOR THE FEEDBACK THO!

Officer Jenny ---> 80%
Thearah is offline   Reply With Quote