Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Wigs and Hair

Unread 04-14-2012, 10:18 AM   #1
gemsiren

Temporary platinum blonde to white

I'll be cosplaying the White Violin from the Umbrella Academy, and am planning on using my own hair because it's similar in cut and color. My hair is already an ashy platinum blonde, but when I paint myself white, it won't look light enough.

Reference:
vanya2c.jpg

hair1.jpg

Compared to white:
hair2.jpg

Any ideas to temporarily lighten my hair?

I can tone it white as a last resort, but I'd really rather not if I don't have to, because I'd have to do it myself the night before and that could be disastrous.
gemsiren is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-14-2012, 01:00 PM   #2
Faraday
oh modern man.

Snaps for Umbrella Academy!
That aside you won't be able to tone your hair white without bleaching it at least one or two more times because you still have yellow/green tones that toner alone won't get rid of. You can always just break up your existing blonde by getting foils done for highlights, then have it toned white. After the convention you can get an ash toner to replace some of the color that was lost.
(Please note that your hair is already super porous so your hair might grab the base color of the toner a bit too well. It's always a good idea to do a strand test beforehand.)

Or you can always do hair color spray or even apply a fine coat of gel to your hair and use loose white powder on top of it but both of these methods have a tendency to 'shed'. Though I suppose this won't be much of a problem considering you're already going to be in all white, haha.