Go Back   Cosplay.com > International Forums > United Kingdom

Unread 04-14-2012, 11:43 AM   #1
ShiNo_Usagi
Noms Are Belong To Me!

Cosplay Props in London?

I am going to be staying in London for 2 months this coming summer and have a costume or two that I am wanting to bring with me. My problem is I have no idea what sorts of laws are in place for things like prop weapons out in public. Here in the states I've not run into problems but I have been told that the UK is very strict on toy guns, toy swords, and play weapons in general. I don't want to have my prop(s) shipped to me and then not be able to use them for a shoot.

Can anyone shine any light onto the subject for me or maybe point me a website where I might find this information?

Thanks in advance =)

Copernicus - 5%
Blood Seras - 90%
Bobby Uniform Seras - 5%
Kalashnikitty - Planned

*~Progress~*

ShiNo_Usagi is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-18-2012, 09:51 AM   #2
wolfspeaker

You can carry any and all prop weapons around london as long at they are covered up such as black bin bags etc

Obviously they all have to actually be props so wood, plastic, foam etc and guns have to have the orange blaze tip. No metal blades at all even dull ones, some people get away with it but better to be safe

As long as you are sensible there should be no problem at all if anything you are more likely to be stopped for taking photo's with a professional camera in certain places than carrying a covered prop

If you are stopped simply say they are photography props or drama props and there should be no problem

MCM Expo London October

Planned Cosplay

Allen Walker
Captain Toshiro Hitsugaya
Grimmjow Jaegerjaques
wolfspeaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2012, 11:53 PM   #3
ShiNo_Usagi
Noms Are Belong To Me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfspeaker View Post
You can carry any and all prop weapons around london as long at they are covered up such as black bin bags etc

Obviously they all have to actually be props so wood, plastic, foam etc and guns have to have the orange blaze tip. No metal blades at all even dull ones, some people get away with it but better to be safe

As long as you are sensible there should be no problem at all if anything you are more likely to be stopped for taking photo's with a professional camera in certain places than carrying a covered prop

If you are stopped simply say they are photography props or drama props and there should be no problem
Thank you for the response =) This is very helpful!

Copernicus - 5%
Blood Seras - 90%
Bobby Uniform Seras - 5%
Kalashnikitty - Planned

*~Progress~*

ShiNo_Usagi is offline   Reply With Quote