Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Anime Expo

Unread Today, 04:13 AM   #1
ChidoriPikachu

Line Cutters!!!

I got a question, at Anime Expo last year, while you guys where waiting in line to get your badges, did you guys have issues with line cutters? Like people who tried to sneak in the line in order to avoid going all the way to the end, or those who were able to cut in line because they had people saving their spots or they just got inline because they saw someone they know and allowed them to cut in. How do you deal with those people? Do you tell them? Or if you tell them and they still won't get out of the line, do you report them?

The reason for this, it's that last year at line-con, people were cutting in line when a lot of other people had to wait 5+ hours in the heat. And after telling them, they acted pretty rudely towards me and my group, we told them that we were in line for 5 hours and its not right that they are cutting in front of other people who are waiting in line when it's close to the triple digits.
ChidoriPikachu is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread Today, 05:19 AM   #2
Negimeister00
The Master of Leekerus

Dude, I have stood in line for those 5 hours on Day 0 and I have seen some people cut. Luckily my group and I came around in the late afternoon, so we were not dying of the heat.
But really, I do kinda find it rude of line cutting if it were a group just invaded a small space in the already compacted line.

Yes you can tell them off of how they were rude, but I do not believe that we would have the power to remove them from the spot they took unless the staff takes action if you tell/report to them (?). Mostly I have to hand to the people who are staffing as they are managing the lines on the literal front lines.

But really, I do agree with you. My experience was kinda bleh last year as I was getting hungry in line (I did not want to leave my spot nor had snacks with me).

Some line cutters really do have the guts to be inconsiderate of others (this is like waiting in a line for food at the cafeteria). I wish that every attendee should be nice when getting a badge instead of being disgustingly rude in public.
Negimeister00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Today, 09:14 AM   #3
El_Duque
miyoshi82

Maybe if AX got their act together in terms of line management, people would not be encouraged to cut in the first place.
Interested in joining our ranks? Click on the links above.

Blog
Youtube
Twitter
Con History
Anime Los Angeles 2011-2013, 2015
Anime Expo 2006-2011
Wondercon - 2013, 2015
San Diego Comic Con 1994-present
Comikaze Expo 2011, 2013-present
Long Beach Comic Con 2009-2012
Anime Conji 2010-present
Hanadoki Con - 2015