Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Anime Expo

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 510 votes, 4.93 average.
Unread 04-26-2012, 12:24 AM   #151
slimchance
Monkey D. Luffy

I wonder how many of these streets will get closed off cause of the XGame? traffic will be crazy. I concern about parking and traffic getting to LACC.

Georgia
Chick Hearn
West Road
Figueroa
11th St.
12th St.
Flower
Pico
Flower
L.A. Live Way
Cherry
Olympic
slimchance is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-26-2012, 12:25 AM   #152
Andvari

That's alot of streets
Andvari is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2012, 01:01 AM   #153
Morrissey
Insanely Popular

Sad to see you go Jason. We've had our differences in the past few years but I did enjoy working with you during our time at AX. You deserve better. We all did. Especially the attendees. With you and Underwood gone, the phrase "And then there were none" comes to mind.
Unread 04-26-2012, 01:12 AM   #154
Second Star Cosplay
SecondStarCosplay

It's really hard to see AX going through this all, I've been going since 09 and its always had a special place with me. Jason, I give my condolences as well about your friend, and I hope things get easier. I'm really sorry all this is happening at once.

All I can see us doing though, is playing the waiting game for now. Were not going to get any behind the scene info until X-games either release their map, and we can plan around it, or AX speaks up.

Follow me on Facebook! SecondStarCosplay
Second Star Cosplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2012, 01:15 AM   #155
Andvari

Yeah looks like there are several streets that are going to be closed off
Unread 04-26-2012, 01:19 AM   #156
NocturnalEffect

I've been reading this thread in the past few days. I know things aren't looking minty. Its been said and beaten like a dead horse, but we will just have to make the best of things. In all honesty, I registered just so I can do this:

http://www.quickmeme.com/meme/3oz8w4/

Hope it lightens the mood. If not, for just a bit.
NocturnalEffect is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2012, 01:21 AM   #157
Andvari

nevermind
alright thanks though i didnt mean to

Last edited by Andvari : 04-26-2012 at 02:19 AM.
Unread 04-26-2012, 02:15 AM   #158
slimchance
Monkey D. Luffy

I wonder if AX has any plans for Shuttle service. Cosplay gathering will be tough because a lot of streets in LA will be blocked off for the X Games. I remember 2010 when the LACC staff kept saying Fire Hazard everytime somebody sat next the wall. This might be happen at again this year.
slimchance is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2012, 02:18 AM   #159
Hakaider
Sith Happens..

@ShinjiEva01:

No offense, but you really need to edit your posts & stop with the double posting. That's also against Cosplay.com rules, and you may get banned by a moderator, if you persist in double posting.
Hakaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2012, 07:49 AM   #160
sicdedman
SicLeatherFace

well for me attending AX during the same time as X-Games. (It is what it is) Neither one of them are going to change their date, like if they even have an option with it being sooo close to event time. only thing you can do is Attend and hope nothing Escalates to the point of Fights and such breaking out. NOT ALL Sports Fans are Drunkin Idiots. me i don't care for sports or X-games but some of my friends like it and they don't go around drunk or bashing Cosplayers. a few bad seeds make them ALL look bad, same goes for Cosplayers a few bad cosplayers at ANY Convention can make ALL cosplayers look bad. so like i said we can only go and hope nothing happens between the cosplayers vs Sports Fans.

it is funny thought that almost every year since AX has been at LACC that some type of Big event is going on at the same time either by CHOICE or Accident/ Backstreet Boys Concerts along with kings game/Michael Jackson Funeral/X-Games/ other...
other than that Lacc is a good place for AX they have the Room.

I think having (LiSA) come to AX is a good move. even though she is not widely known, i know nothing about her or have heard her music from the anime's she has done. I am still interested in seeing her Perform! same goes for Maon kurosaki,I had never heard of her before until last year when i attended the HOTD Panel I am a fan of her Music now! So it is always good to have someone not well known to attend a Huge Convention because there will always be people that WILL go see them and become fans and tell others about them!

I am sorry to hear bout your friend Jason, My condolences. I pray you,family and friends will get through these hard times. it is never easy loosing a friend or family member :'(

Attending : ALA 2016 (9th Year, 6th Year Staff) - AX 2016 (9th Year, 2nd Year Industry)
SDCC 2016 (8th Year, 2nd Year Staff) - PMX 2016 (7th Year Attendee, 2nd Year Staff)
Japan Expo La 2016 (2nd Year Attendee)

Last edited by sicdedman : 04-26-2012 at 07:59 AM.
sicdedman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2012, 01:27 PM   #161
Andvari

I understand sicdedman about loosing someone back in oct I lost my stepdad to liver failure
Unread 04-26-2012, 03:15 PM   #162
El_Duque
miyoshi82

I might tune in tonight for once on AX Live just to see who replaces Jason. That is if there is a show tonight.
El_Duque is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2012, 03:52 PM   #163
LelouchYamazaki
Prince in the Mountain

In all honesty the city of LA would give X Games more priority over AX due to the huge size of attendees X games would bring meaning more money to the city of LA and local businesses, so you would of seen AX date change way before X Games but too late now we just have to see how it goes.

For AX live my guess it will just end up being the two girls who hosted last week, and give some BS reason Jason is gone lol. We should all trolll!!
LelouchYamazaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2012, 08:27 PM   #164
Second Star Cosplay
SecondStarCosplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by LelouchYamazaki View Post

For AX live my guess it will just end up being the two girls who hosted last week, and give some BS reason Jason is gone lol. We should all trolll!!

No, you're right. It is just the two girls again. The "meet the hosts" page already has both of them listed as them. :/

Follow me on Facebook! SecondStarCosplay
Second Star Cosplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2012, 01:55 AM   #165
LelouchYamazaki
Prince in the Mountain

anyone watch it, was over at an ubisoft thing tonight and i figure it would be a bit boring?

Figueroa, Olympic and Pico will be closed June 28th til July 1st and I hear there might be more to confine X games into one large LA Live area.

http://trafficinfo.lacity.org/tat/special_events.html

Last edited by LelouchYamazaki : 04-27-2012 at 12:33 PM.
LelouchYamazaki is offline   Reply With Quote