Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Anime Expo

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 178 votes, 4.83 average.
Unread 04-26-2012, 03:18 AM   #166
Hakaider
Sith Happens..

@ShinjiEva01:

No offense, but you really need to edit your posts & stop with the double posting. That's also against Cosplay.com rules, and you may get banned by a moderator, if you persist in double posting.
Hakaider is online now   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-26-2012, 08:49 AM   #167
sicdedman
SicLeatherFace

well for me attending AX during the same time as X-Games. (It is what it is) Neither one of them are going to change their date, like if they even have an option with it being sooo close to event time. only thing you can do is Attend and hope nothing Escalates to the point of Fights and such breaking out. NOT ALL Sports Fans are Drunkin Idiots. me i don't care for sports or X-games but some of my friends like it and they don't go around drunk or bashing Cosplayers. a few bad seeds make them ALL look bad, same goes for Cosplayers a few bad cosplayers at ANY Convention can make ALL cosplayers look bad. so like i said we can only go and hope nothing happens between the cosplayers vs Sports Fans.

it is funny thought that almost every year since AX has been at LACC that some type of Big event is going on at the same time either by CHOICE or Accident/ Backstreet Boys Concerts along with kings game/Michael Jackson Funeral/X-Games/ other...
other than that Lacc is a good place for AX they have the Room.

I think having (LiSA) come to AX is a good move. even though she is not widely known, i know nothing about her or have heard her music from the anime's she has done. I am still interested in seeing her Perform! same goes for Maon kurosaki,I had never heard of her before until last year when i attended the HOTD Panel I am a fan of her Music now! So it is always good to have someone not well known to attend a Huge Convention because there will always be people that WILL go see them and become fans and tell others about them!

I am sorry to hear bout your friend Jason, My condolences. I pray you,family and friends will get through these hard times. it is never easy loosing a friend or family member :'(
PMX 2014 *8th Year* *3rd Year Staff* -- Loscon 2014 *3rd Year Staff*

Last edited by sicdedman : 04-26-2012 at 08:59 AM.
sicdedman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2012, 02:27 PM   #168
Andvari

I understand sicdedman about loosing someone back in oct I lost my stepdad to liver failure
Andvari is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2012, 04:15 PM   #169
El_Duque
miyoshi82

I might tune in tonight for once on AX Live just to see who replaces Jason. That is if there is a show tonight.
El_Duque is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2012, 04:52 PM   #170
LelouchYamazaki
Prince in the Mountain

In all honesty the city of LA would give X Games more priority over AX due to the huge size of attendees X games would bring meaning more money to the city of LA and local businesses, so you would of seen AX date change way before X Games but too late now we just have to see how it goes.

For AX live my guess it will just end up being the two girls who hosted last week, and give some BS reason Jason is gone lol. We should all trolll!!
LelouchYamazaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2012, 09:27 PM   #171
Rikku92
SecondStarCosplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by LelouchYamazaki View Post

For AX live my guess it will just end up being the two girls who hosted last week, and give some BS reason Jason is gone lol. We should all trolll!!

No, you're right. It is just the two girls again. The "meet the hosts" page already has both of them listed as them. :/

Follow me on Facebook! SecondStarCosplay
Rikku92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2012, 02:55 AM   #172
LelouchYamazaki
Prince in the Mountain

anyone watch it, was over at an ubisoft thing tonight and i figure it would be a bit boring?

Figueroa, Olympic and Pico will be closed June 28th til July 1st and I hear there might be more to confine X games into one large LA Live area.

http://trafficinfo.lacity.org/tat/special_events.html

Last edited by LelouchYamazaki : 04-27-2012 at 01:33 PM.
LelouchYamazaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2012, 02:05 AM   #173
animejunkie
Crossplay is awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by LelouchYamazaki View Post
anyone watch it, was over at an ubisoft thing tonight and i figure it would be a bit boring?

Figueroa, Olympic and Pico will be closed June 28th til July 1st and I hear there might be more to confine X games into one large LA Live area.

http://trafficinfo.lacity.org/tat/special_events.html
Wow, that's going to be a nightmare. Looks like Rally Car will be in front of West Hall again like it was last year. Judging by those street closures, it sounds like the layout for this year's competition won't change much from last year.

Though for what it's worth...only until 7 PM each day? I guess that's good? Though the damage will be done for sure...now to figure out how to get around that mess for my ride to AX
Anime Expo
PMX(?)

Potential Future Crossplays
Maki Nishikino (Love Live) - Summer school uniform
animejunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2012, 03:42 AM   #174
Hakaider
Sith Happens..

Quote:
Quote:
No, you're right. It is just the two girls again. The "meet the hosts" page already has both of them listed as them. :/

It's not very likely that the AX forums or even the "AX Live" show will really talk about Jason's recent termination from "AX Live" show. (The audience will most likely be kept in the dark about it.) When Lattanzio left the SPJA, the threads that had people asking about what had happened, were quickly locked at the AX forums. (Many people over there didn't know that he had even left.)

The AX website also still doesn't even mention the X-Games being on at the same time as AX.

Quote:
Wow, that's going to be a nightmare. Looks like Rally Car will be in front of West Hall again like it was last year. Judging by those street closures, it sounds like the layout for this year's competition won't change much from last year.
Yes, it does look like a nightmare.

The schedule from that link is listed as the 2012 schedule for the streets that will be closed off for the X-Games.

1. ESPN X Games 2012

6-28-2012

7:00 AM-7:00 PM

Fig/Olympic/Pico

2. ESPN X Games 2012

6-29-2012

Fig/Olympic/Pico

3. ESPN X Games 2012

6-30-2012

Fig/Olympic/Pico

4. ESPN X Games 2012

7-1-2012

Fig/Olympic/Pico

Quote:
Quote:

Though for what it's worth...only until 7 PM each day? I guess that's good? Though the damage will be done for sure...now to figure out how to get around that mess for my ride to AX
7 PM may just mean that the event is completed. It may not mean that the barriers will be lifted. At last year's X-Games, the road barriers for the rally car race were left overnight.

You can see in this YouTube video of how the road barriers were set up at the X-Games last year for the X-Games:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLDzeXJHDA8

Note: If you pause the video at 0:47, you can clearly see that it's located near the front of the West Hall entrance, and that whole area was used for the AX hotel shuttles for the drop off/pick up point last year. (You can clearly see in the video that the bus stop that's going to Pico has been blocked off as well. That bus stop is located right across from the South Hall entrance.)

With over 141,000 people coming in for the X-Games, here's another look as what the crowds will be like at the LA Live area. This video was taken last year at the X-Games 17.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94NjJgxwEys&feature=fvsr

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxvRt...eature=related

(Watch the size of the concert crowds at 0:17.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeMwv...eature=related

This would also mean all the cosplay gatherings, and the hotel shuttles area will all have to be reshuffled. This will also impact the front entrance of the West Hall. (7 AM-7 PM is practically the whole day schedule for AX.)

Last edited by Hakaider : 04-28-2012 at 04:12 AM.
Unread 04-28-2012, 03:23 PM   #175
El_Duque
miyoshi82

I wish Factor/Jason would have at least stated if SPJA is in works with ESPN on a resolution.
Unread 04-28-2012, 03:28 PM   #176
Hakaider
Sith Happens..

Quote:
I wish Factor/Jason would have at least stated if SPJA is in works with ESPN on a resolution.
Jason/Factor was probably not allowed to say it.

One of the SPJA Board members, Kris himself tried to say something here, but he was reprimanded by the SPJA for saying something in this forum.
Unread 04-28-2012, 06:21 PM   #177
El_Duque
miyoshi82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakaider View Post
Jason/Factor was probably not allowed to say it.

One of the SPJA Board members, Kris himself tried to say something here, but he was reprimanded by the SPJA for saying something in this forum.
I was the one who asked Kris, but he's still on the Board. I only brought up Jason is because he is not associated with AX/SPJA anymore and could provide a bit more insight like the post he did. The only answer I'm looking for is either yes or no, simple as that.
Unread 04-28-2012, 06:40 PM   #178
Hakaider
Sith Happens..

Quote:
I was the one who asked Kris, but he's still on the Board. I only brought up Jason is because he is not associated with AX/SPJA anymore and could provide a bit more insight like the post he did. The only answer I'm looking for is either yes or no, simple as that.

Kris is one of the few really good things that's good about the SPJA. If he was in charge, instead of the current powers that be, I think AX would make a complete turnaround because he really does care about the fans. If he was in charge, he would have addressed our concerns here a long time ago, and he would have made sure that we fans would be O.K.

Jason has said that there are lot of things that he can't say, even after he left the SPJA, due to the SPJA lawyers.

Whether Jason can say, "Yes" or "No", or remain silent will be up to him. (He has to be careful on what he's allowed to comment here, due to the SPJA lawyers.)

Last edited by Hakaider : 04-28-2012 at 07:11 PM.
Unread 04-28-2012, 09:23 PM   #179
Nigerianbucket

Is there the possibility that AX will take advantage of the rooms in the JW for holding things like panels and the like. They did in 2010 for the Funimation industry panel and midnight madness (and I'm assuming it was used in prior years) but didn't use them at all last year. This year seems like it would be a good idea for them to nab them if the X games plans on taking everything else from AX.

They could use the rooms to also hold the AX dance since Club Nokia is possibly gone. I am not entirely sure on Club Nokia though because the X games map from last year stops showing the highlighted used area just before the entrance to Club Nokia. I am having high hopes though because the dance has been one of my favorite things to attend at night when I don't have anything on my schedule to go do.
-Haku (Naruto)
Nigerianbucket is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2012, 11:20 PM   #180
Freight
Rolling 20's Podcast Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigerianbucket View Post
Is there the possibility that AX will take advantage of the rooms in the JW for holding things like panels and the like. They did in 2010 for the Funimation industry panel and midnight madness (and I'm assuming it was used in prior years) but didn't use them at all last year. This year seems like it would be a good idea for them to nab them if the X games plans on taking everything else from AX.

They could use the rooms to also hold the AX dance since Club Nokia is possibly gone. I am not entirely sure on Club Nokia though because the X games map from last year stops showing the highlighted used area just before the entrance to Club Nokia. I am having high hopes though because the dance has been one of my favorite things to attend at night when I don't have anything on my schedule to go do.
It's hard to say since AX's budget is going to be restricted either by debt or by agreement with IDG.

The J.W. may also not be the best choice with the X-Games in the way of normal foot traffic. If they go that route, the next best choice would be to either use the West Hall via entering through the South Hall and using the bridge annex, or the Bonaventure.
Freight is offline   Reply With Quote