Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Anime Expo

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 510 votes, 4.93 average.
Unread 05-01-2012, 01:04 PM   #196
Access

No really there's more going on there and this isn't the place to discuss it all because it would be quite involved. Talk to the local people who run the con, stuff has been going on for at least a month now.
Access is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-01-2012, 01:13 PM   #197
agt

The announcement is correct.

(The finer details are still being worked out, so we don't have much more to say than what's written on that page.)

-- Adam Tilghman
SanSFiS Founder & Director
agt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2012, 01:17 PM   #198
Access

agt if it is correct, can you get the SPJA to make a formal announcement?
You need both sides saying the same thing in order to verify.
SPJA website http://www.spja.org/

Also, if the announcement is for real, the wording is off.
San Diego Speculative Fiction Society, Inc. ("SanSFiS", corporate sponsor of Anime Conji), and the Society for the Promotion of Japanese Animation ("SPJA", corporate sponsor of Anime Expo & Project Anime), are pleased to announce preliminary agreement to shift operation of Anime Conji to the SPJA.

I would refer to SanSFis and SPJA as associations or organizations, not corporations. I believe the SPJA is a 501(c)(6) and SanSFis is probably also a 501(c).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/501c

If you are going to call it a corporation, at least include the word 'nonprofit'.

Last edited by Access : 05-01-2012 at 01:24 PM.
Unread 05-01-2012, 01:24 PM   #199
agt

Sure I just sent email to Marc Perez. We'll try to get the SPJA website updated soon.
Unread 05-01-2012, 01:25 PM   #200
Access

Okay that's cool, ゆっくりしていってね!
Unread 05-01-2012, 01:32 PM   #201
agt

Thanks, I've modified the announcement text as you suggest.
SPJA is a 501(c)(6) [trade group] nonprofit corporation, SanSFiS is a 501(c)(3) [educational] nonprofit corporation.
Unread 05-01-2012, 03:10 PM   #202
Hcoregamer00
PMX/Otakorp/Lunar Fest

Here is SPJA's press release on the AX website

http://www.anime-expo.org/other-news...t-anime-conji/

Photography Blog, dA, FB Fan Page, Personal Blog

Future Cons: Anime Expo, Pacific Media Expo, TouhouCon
Hcoregamer00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2012, 06:14 PM   #203
RichAndCreamy
Anime Conji Unknown

Can Conji FINALLY HAVE ITS OWN FORUM HERE NOW?

hahahahahahhaahahhaha

BTW, I'm a SanSFiS board member and approve of the partnership.

I'm @RichAndCreamy everywhere on the internets.
RichAndCreamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2012, 06:20 PM   #204
Hcoregamer00
PMX/Otakorp/Lunar Fest

On the Anime Expo page, the AX representative said:

"Anime Conji & AX will be run with separate staff. What we hope for Conji is to offer more resources(ie: marketing, equipment and support). We want Anime Conji to continue to be the premier anime convention in San Diego, while staying true to its mission, founders and staff. There will be some changes, but not as drastic as any may think."

Anime Conji as you currently know it will be the same awesome convention.

Photography Blog, dA, FB Fan Page, Personal Blog

Future Cons: Anime Expo, Pacific Media Expo, TouhouCon
Hcoregamer00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2012, 09:02 PM   #205
Freight
Rolling 20's Podcast Host

Hcore.

For the time being, we need more information as to where to put cosplay gatherings, where to get on the shuttles at the LACC, and is West Hall going to be useable?
Freight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2012, 10:33 AM   #206
Hakaider
Sith Happens..

@Freight:

I'm not sure if Hcore could answer those questions right now in an official capacity. In his some of his past posts, he did mention that he got into trouble for answering some of the questions at this forum.

I kind of wish that he's in charge of the SPJA. He's one of the SPJA Board members who does really care about us fans.

I do hope that he could give us an specific answer soon though. With just about 7 weeks left before opening day, many fans are starting to get really concerned about relocating the cosplay gatherings, street closures, access to the convention center, and the safety issues.

Last edited by Hakaider : 05-02-2012 at 10:37 AM.
Hakaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2012, 11:06 AM   #207
dragunov23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakaider View Post
I do hope that he could give us an specific answer soon though. With just about 7 weeks left before opening day, many fans are starting to get really concerned about relocating the cosplay gatherings, street closures, access to the convention center, and the safety issues.
Hopefully, everything will work out...*crosses fingers*
dragunov23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2012, 01:37 PM   #208
LelouchYamazaki
Prince in the Mountain

Good for Conji,

but still i'm guessing Anime Expo has orders to talk nothing about what's going on and concerns of their attendees. We aren't even going around spreading lies and blah we just would like more information about what's going on so we can plan accordingly since AX is a bit over a month away now.

We aren't asking about lack of guests or such but safety and traveling since AX would have all the info by now, since my info was found by looking at the x games site -.-
LelouchYamazaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2012, 05:30 PM   #209
Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by LelouchYamazaki View Post
but still i'm guessing Anime Expo has orders to talk nothing about what's going on and
Or again, they just don't know any more than we do...

You know like in one of those cases where no one knows anything, and you end up with total silence and everyone just staring at each other and waiting for someone else to speak first, because no one wants to open their mouth for fear of sounding like an idiot.

Don't know if it has been brought up, but here is another clue if it hasn't...

http://espn.go.com/action/xgames/sto...s-angeles-2012

"This year's events will take place in downtown Los Angeles' L.A. LIVE venues and event spaces, including STAPLES Center, Nokia Theatre L.A. LIVE, Event Deck at L.A. LIVE, the new downtown rally car street circuit and the debut of the Big Air ramp on Chick Hearn Court. More than 200 athletes will compete for medals and prize money in skateboarding, BMX, freestyle motocross and Rally."

Wondering what the 'new downtown rally car street circuit' means...
Unread 05-02-2012, 06:20 PM   #210
zabimaru2468
For the Love of Crossplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Access View Post
Or again, they just don't know any more than we do...

You know like in one of those cases where no one knows anything, and you end up with total silence and everyone just staring at each other and waiting for someone else to speak first, because no one wants to open their mouth for fear of sounding like an idiot.

Don't know if it has been brought up, but here is another clue if it hasn't...

http://espn.go.com/action/xgames/sto...s-angeles-2012

"This year's events will take place in downtown Los Angeles' L.A. LIVE venues and event spaces, including STAPLES Center, Nokia Theatre L.A. LIVE, Event Deck at L.A. LIVE, the new downtown rally car street circuit and the debut of the Big Air ramp on Chick Hearn Court. More than 200 athletes will compete for medals and prize money in skateboarding, BMX, freestyle motocross and Rally."

Wondering what the 'new downtown rally car street circuit' means...
This is some what good news, maybe they wont be using Lindsay Plaza, who knows. At lease this tells me that they know that about us. :\ But then again we will have to wait for the map to actually see how they are going to set the street circuit. As of right now im thinking of cancelling my gathering becuase it is just going to bring hell on me since i am an admin of a cosplay group (Resistance Cosplay...its on FB) and i have to manage our garthering and i don't know where we are allowed to gather....plus my cosplay gathering that im hosting will be on the same day as my cosplay groups gathering so yea -.-" i have to focus on my cosplays as well so i might just cancel the cosplay gathering im hosting ima keep a positive aditude though lol s(-.^)p (I have been following this thread from the start, so i know whats going on lol)

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonymonster View Post
If you could let me know any places you find, please do. I tend to have groups of 7-16 out for dinner, and yes, Denny's does suck. I was thinking of hitting up Little Tokyo, since there's an all-you-can-eat place on the second floor in the plaza (off 1st), but I don't trust it 100% because I got food poisoning there once. It's sort of a last resort thing. If you know any safer options please let me know XDDD
I have been to that all-you-can-eat. I say don't waste your money there. The food is not that good and the tip is not very reasonable. I went there with a group of friends, all I can say is that I'm NEVER going there again. I say go to the Curry House, that Korean BBQ, IHOP, or Orochan (if you like spicy ramen)

Zabi Here Can't wait to see you at con!

Last edited by zabimaru2468 : 05-02-2012 at 06:30 PM.
zabimaru2468 is offline   Reply With Quote