Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Anime Expo

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 141 votes, 4.79 average.
Unread 06-15-2012, 04:44 PM   #751
Amethyst Nat

So that is still not the final schedule? Darn.

I noticed that the legend of zelda panel on friday on the last scedule is not on this schedule. I'm guessing they cancelled it or somehting?
Amethyst Nat is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-15-2012, 04:57 PM   #752
Access

What s/he said was this:

[I got a copy of the latest schedule. Can't show it yet... because it contains things which we haven't announced yet.]

Please note, I rephrased the post, I'm not using the exact language because otherwise they might be able to search for it and find it.

So, yeah.

Last edited by Access : 06-15-2012 at 05:01 PM.
Access is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2012, 05:02 PM   #753
seerakosumosu

The final schedule was released last night.
seerakosumosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2012, 05:08 PM   #754
Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by seerakosumosu View Post
The final schedule was released last night.
Are you sure? Because the other staffer was alluding to a schedule that would be posted 'soon' and this was earlier today also.
Unread 06-15-2012, 05:28 PM   #755
seerakosumosu

The staffer was saying that yesterday, before the Chihayafuru team was announced. Then the schedules were released late last night, near midnight.
seerakosumosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2012, 05:39 PM   #756
Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by seerakosumosu View Post
The staffer was saying that yesterday, before the Chihayafuru team was announced. Then the schedules were released late last night, near midnight.
Yeah, the one I am referring to, s/he was commenting after chihayafuru so I would still expect another update.
Unread 06-15-2012, 11:48 PM   #757
animejunkie
Crossplay is awesome

Hmm, well I would imagine that there would be at least one more update left since there are still some blank slots. I noticed that there is a Con Gripe panel on Day 4 and the BoD meeting which on an earlier schedule was closed to the public is at least on this latest schedule open to all attendees. I guess that's a good thing, it'll allow attendees to discuss their issues/complaints, etc..

Final schedule aside, it looks like I'll have more periods of downtime each day in my own schedule. Which is actually good, maybe I won't be so exhausted by Day 4
Sakura Con
Wonder Con
Anime Expo
animejunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2012, 12:55 AM   #758
El_Duque
miyoshi82

Ruh roh! I'm hearing stories of people getting their hotel rooms relocated from one hotel to another. Anyone else getting this?
El_Duque is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2012, 01:11 AM   #759
animejunkie
Crossplay is awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Duque View Post
Ruh roh! I'm hearing stories of people getting their hotel rooms relocated from one hotel to another. Anyone else getting this?
I hadn't heard about that *is suddenly worried about the room group I'm in having that happen to us*

So AX announced their final schedules on FB...still looks like the same 'semi finalized schedule' they posted on Twitter last night. I see a lot of blank spots still as well as duplicated panels on different days. You know, this is the first year where it seems like I'm griping about AX more than looking forward to it :/
Sakura Con
Wonder Con
Anime Expo
Unread 06-16-2012, 01:19 AM   #760
El_Duque
miyoshi82

Quote:
Originally Posted by animejunkie View Post
I hadn't heard about that *is suddenly worried about the room group I'm in having that happen to us*

So AX announced their final schedules on FB...still looks like the same 'semi finalized schedule' they posted on Twitter last night. I see a lot of blank spots still as well as duplicated panels on different days. You know, this is the first year where it seems like I'm griping about AX more than looking forward to it :/
Seriously, who the hell wants to listen to jokes from Marc Perez?
Unread 06-16-2012, 01:26 AM   #761
animejunkie
Crossplay is awesome

Quote:
Seriously, who the hell wants to listen to jokes from Marc Perez?
Not me...I can think of other things I'd much rather do. I'd rather listen to Justin Bieber than listen to the SPJA CEO attempt to tell jokes (yeah, that's how much I'm against wasting my time with that nonsense)

On another note, someone confirmed that the double panels are not an error on the schedule and that some guest have requested multiple panels. Odd, but good though since I don't have to worry about missing Steve Blum's panel or the Vocaloid panel

EDIT: Scratch that, the Vocaloid panel is a two part panel...can't miss either one!
Sakura Con
Wonder Con
Anime Expo
Unread 06-16-2012, 05:52 AM   #762
Hakaider
Sith Happens..

Quote:

...Anyone notice the "Bad Jokes by SPJA CEO" panel at 5-5:30pm on Day 2?

I'm not interested in attending the panel, but I'd like to hear back from someone that goes, just to figure out whether or not this actually constitutes a panel. (Or if it's just kill time stuff, or some inside joke I'm missing.)
I noticed that too. I think it could be a inside joke that someone put up as a "temporary" filler until the slot can be filled.

However, if it was meant to be real panel, and it's not some sort of a bad joke, (Pun intended) then it's a very, very bad idea. The CEO Marc Perez doesn't exactly have a lot of fans among many of the AX attendees, and many aren't going to show up & waste 30 minutes of their time at the panel, just to see him attempt to become a comedian. (People come to see anime, manga & cosplay at AX. People don't come to AX to see Marc Perez.) His associates may laugh at his jokes, and tell him what he always wants to hear, but if his jokes fall flat, he may get booed off stage by the audience.

Unless it's been confirmed as a real panel, I still think that it's an inside joke, and a "temporary" filler. I don't think that it's a real panel.

Last edited by Hakaider : 06-16-2012 at 06:18 AM.
Hakaider is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2012, 09:46 AM   #763
Freight
Rolling 20's Podcast Host

Quote:
According to another thread, the people originally staying at the Omni have been relocated to the Kyoto Grand Hotel.

It's here.
Freight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2012, 11:45 AM   #764
El_Duque
miyoshi82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freight View Post
According to another thread, the people originally staying at the Omni have been relocated to the Kyoto Grand Hotel.

It's here.
Never stayed in either hotel so I can't give my input about them, but I would have been pissed since they pulled that off two weeks before con. At least they got free shuttle service.

I'm also curious if it was just the group or pretty much all AX attendees that got moved?
Unread 06-16-2012, 05:16 PM   #765
Freight
Rolling 20's Podcast Host

I'm unclear on this myself. I would like to know what's going on with the SPJA's hotel liaison since we've had the sudden change in the JW's rate, and now it appears the Omni is ejecting some or all of their AX reservations into the Kyoto Grand.

I wouldn't want to take the shuttle ride through Skid Row every day. Not for me.
Freight is offline   Reply With Quote