Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Anime Expo

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 150 votes, 4.80 average.
Unread 08-19-2012, 02:42 PM   #1021
ArboACHG
Greyhound hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakaider View Post
Also, both the AX forums, and the SPJA website have been down for several weeks now. So right now, fan communication, comments & feedback has been cut off for the duration.
The AX forums have been down? I literally just went there and there are current posts.
ArboACHG is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-19-2012, 03:00 PM   #1022
Hakaider
Sith Happens..

Quote:
The AX forums have been down? I literally just went there and there are current posts.
Which site link are you going to?

I went to the official AX website and it says:

Quote:
ERROR 404: PAGE NOT FOUND
Sorry, we couldn’t find the page you’re looking for.
We may have moved the page or perhaps you followed an outdated link.
You could try a search, or visit the home page.

That's the same site that I have been using for this year.

You can see it in this link:

http://www.anime-expo.org/forums/

The SPJA website:

http://spja.org/

Last edited by Hakaider : 08-19-2012 at 03:05 PM.
Hakaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2012, 03:08 PM   #1023
ArboACHG
Greyhound hater

http://community.anime-expo.org/

I'm not sure when they updated that.
Unread 08-19-2012, 03:12 PM   #1024
Hakaider
Sith Happens..

Quote:
http://community.anime-expo.org/

I'm not sure when they updated that.

O.K. Thank you very much for the new link. I sure wish they would at least post that new updated link to the website.

Post note: Just going through the AX forums right now.

Noticed a post by "Rentan" who commented over there that AX will remain in LA for several years.
Quote:
Interesting thread, mainly due to the "Rumor" that been going around AX that next year we be back in ACC. A very naive rumor but a rumor all the same. As others have stated, dont believe it for a second, We are contracted for next year and we will be in LACC for many years to come.
Hmm...Who's "We"? I didn't know "Ren-tan" is now a part of the SPJA, and he helped to negotiate the contract for LA? (One of them is even claiming that AX will be in LA until 2015. Just where are they getting their information from? I have never seen the SPJA or the Anime News Network release information, regarding if AX will remain in LA past 2013.)

The link:

http://community.anime-expo.org/topi...la-convention/

Last edited by Hakaider : 08-19-2012 at 03:36 PM.
Unread 08-19-2012, 05:10 PM   #1025
Resident-chick
They canceled Ugly Betty

You know,this past year Iv been checking this forum every time it came up as new post on here and I must say,Iv learned quit a lot about AX than I used to know.Example;When you guys were talking about staffing a few weeks before AX,I took note of it and were actually watching some of them.Majority were joking,slacking,and just being plain rude.I asked a man how to get to another hall/area on day 3 when I was Celty Sturlosn,and he not only ignored me when he saw me twice,but them rudely stated."Just look at the damn signs,lady."

For one,if I pay to go to a fucking anime convention,I atleast expect to have a few guys be weirded out by it,but not staff like this man.Saying 'damn' and 'lady' pissed me off even more!I was very close to hust going off at him at this point,but what made it worst is that when another girl passed by with a FF10-2 Rikku cosplay on,he complete ignored me and was talking to her,looking down at her outfit and being an ass to a few other people who wanted to ask him something.
Anastasia-First outfit- 0%
Secret cosplay! - 0%
Resident-chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2012, 11:55 AM   #1026
Freight
Rolling 20's Podcast Host

There weren't many Celtys wandering around the convention center, so I may have seen you.

I won't begrudge any staffer of having fun during a convention. It is hard work and a few moments of distraction can help break up some of the seriousness of work. However, you are right in that the moments of slacking and joking shouldn't be the lion share of the time spent there. And the guy you spoke to had no right to be that rude or flippant

Did you get his name? I'm the type of person that I'd either want their name or I wanted their supervisor to meet me ASAP to discuss what kind of person the guy is, and while I was waiting, I'd be typing notes into my phone for later.

Also, are you sture it was a staffer and not a volunteer? That's an important distinction.
Freight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2012, 03:36 PM   #1027
El_Duque
miyoshi82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freight View Post
There weren't many Celtys wandering around the convention center, so I may have seen you.

I won't begrudge any staffer of having fun during a convention. It is hard work and a few moments of distraction can help break up some of the seriousness of work. However, you are right in that the moments of slacking and joking shouldn't be the lion share of the time spent there. And the guy you spoke to had no right to be that rude or flippant

Did you get his name? I'm the type of person that I'd either want their name or I wanted their supervisor to meet me ASAP to discuss what kind of person the guy is, and while I was waiting, I'd be typing notes into my phone for later.

Also, are you sture it was a staffer and not a volunteer? That's an important distinction.
Let's take a trip down memory lane courtesy of me.
http://community.anime-expo.org/topi...r/page__st__20

Unfortunately the link to the video is gone because it was linked to my old Youtube page.

Definitely get the name of anyone volunteer or staffer and report immediately.
Twitter
2014 Possible Cons
Anime Conji - Done
Wondercon - Did not attend
Anime Expo - Did not attend
San Diego Comic Con - Done and tired
Comikaze Expo - Saturday only
Long Beach Comic Con - Didn't know this con was in September, did not attend
Pacific Media Expo - Did not attend

Last edited by El_Duque : 08-20-2012 at 03:38 PM.
El_Duque is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2012, 09:15 AM   #1028
Freight
Rolling 20's Podcast Host

It didn't seem like the conversation on the AX Board was really resolved, just ended via locking.

Also, I received a message from the AX Facebook feed. They're selling their current office furniture and fixtures to pay for their "office redesign." Does anyone know what this redesign is? Is it an update of their hardware or is someone trying to redecorate?
Freight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2012, 12:04 PM   #1029
Hakaider
Sith Happens..

Quote:
I asked a man how to get to another hall/area on day 3 when I was Celty Sturlosn,and he not only ignored me when he saw me twice,but them rudely stated."Just look at the damn signs,lady."
Wow. That was incredibly rude. Talk about no class. I'm sorry to hear that happened to you.

The next time that happens, you should boldly ask for his name. You shouldn't have to put up with that. If necessary, ask for his supervisor. Make a note what he looks like, and have him reported.

Quote:
Also, I received a message from the AX Facebook feed. They're selling their current office furniture and fixtures to pay for their "office redesign." Does anyone know what this redesign is? Is it an update of their hardware or is someone trying to redecorate?
It could possibly mean that money is really tight now. (Considering how much AX was scaled back this year, it wouldn't be surprising.)

On things on a different note, I'm just amazed at how some of the people at the AX forums are now claiming that the X-Games wasn't really a problem, and it was "fun" to have them around. (Um..What?!)

Here's a quote from umesketch:
Quote:
Everyone I was with didn't mind X Games there (minus the long walk-around) and I personally thought it added some fun to this year's AX. Most of the negativity I found was either from strangers at AX or the AX Facebook page.
http://community.anime-expo.org/topi...n/page__st__20

Last edited by Hakaider : 08-21-2012 at 12:13 PM.
Unread 08-21-2012, 12:51 PM   #1030
El_Duque
miyoshi82

I liked how Kim Long Vo went in there and corrected that the ACC is larger. I really need confirmation on this, a friend of mine who is also a friend of a long time AX Staffer told me they were getting close to their pre-Lattanzio days in terms of finances.
Twitter
2014 Possible Cons
Anime Conji - Done
Unread 08-21-2012, 12:54 PM   #1031
ArboACHG
Greyhound hater

Quote:
On things on a different note, I'm just amazed at how some of the people at the AX forums are now claiming that the X-Games wasn't really a problem, and it was "fun" to have them around. (Um..What?!)

Here's a quote from umesketch:

http://community.anime-expo.org/topi...n/page__st__20
The X Games weren't a problem for me either, other than the inconvenience of the route needed to get to the LACC. This doesn't mean that I'd rather them be there, of course. I'm glad they won't have the potential to get in the way next year.
Unread 08-21-2012, 01:44 PM   #1032
Access

Quote:
I would not assume much from those forums -- there's a lot of reverse cherry-picking that goes on. Threads that express a sentiment they don't like get locked or simply disappear, so all that's left is the ones that imply that everything is fine and they're doing a great job. Not all organizations want to hear criticism, some just want to hear that they're doing great, everything is okay and life is swell (even when it's not).

One of the staffers I talked to recently said that the furniture and office space was demonstrated to be unsafe -- older chairs that were falling apart and such -- and was in the process of being 'upgraded' in order to be able to provide a safer workplace and environment for employees of larger stature. I mentioned OHSA and the ADA, but the conversation quickly went elsewhere after that. We assumed he was just kidding at the time, or perhaps just had a little too much Sake.
Access is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2012, 02:37 PM   #1033
El_Duque
miyoshi82

So Kris/Hcoregamer is running again for reelection for BoD for SPJA. Best of luck to you buddy, alot of us are hoping for the best.

Quote:
Okay, I decided to run for reelection for the Board of Directors for the Society for the Promotion of Japanese Animation (the parent company of Anime Expo and Anime Conji). I leave it up to the Membership to determine whether I will be in the SPJA for the next 2 years.
Twitter
2014 Possible Cons
Anime Conji - Done
Unread 08-21-2012, 02:42 PM   #1034
Hakaider
Sith Happens..

Quote:
I liked how Kim Long Vo went in there and corrected that the ACC is larger.
Well, a lot of times, some of those posters over at that forum, would post stuff that's way, way off the mark. Some of them would post stuff that are so off the mark, that I would actually pause, and go , and then go

Quote:
I would not assume much from those forums -- there's a lot of reverse cherry-picking that goes on. Threads that express a sentiment they don't like get locked or simply disappear, so all that's left is the ones that imply that everything is fine and they're doing a great job. Not all organizations want to hear criticism, some just want to hear that they're doing great, everything is okay and life is swell (even when it's not).
I think it's pretty much been like that at that forum, since Lattanzio took over AX. Before Lattanzio, you could get a frank feedback from the fans, and the staffers would listen & respond at the AX forums. Back then, the Cosplay.com forums were just used for cosplay gathering meets, and that was about it. All that would change when Lattanzio took over, and he practiced heavy censorship. The fans who didn't want their comments censored, or have their opinions carefully controlled migrated over here. To this day, the forum over there did not mention that Lattanzio had left AX, or when Jason Pier had left AX Live.

Quote:
or perhaps just had a little too much Sake.

There's an old Roman saying that states, "In vino veritas".

Translation: "In wine, there is truth".

In short, people can spill the beans out more when they are intoxicated.

Quote:
So Kris/Hcoregamer is running again for reelection for BoD for SPJA. Best of luck to you buddy, alot of us are hoping for the best.

Quote:
Okay, I decided to run for reelection for the Board of Directors for the Society for the Promotion of Japanese Animation (the parent company of Anime Expo and Anime Conji). I leave it up to the Membership to determine whether I will be in the SPJA for the next 2 years.

Same here. I really hope he gets reelected. He's one of the few SPJA members who does really care for the fans, and he worked his buns off for the fans at the convention.

And in all likelihood, Marc Perez will probably get reelected as CEO again. (As if the "El Presidente" really cares of what we fans think of his performance.)

Last edited by Hakaider : 08-21-2012 at 02:56 PM.
Unread 08-21-2012, 03:42 PM   #1035
Access

Quote:
Same here. I really hope he gets reelected. He's one of the few SPJA members who does really care for the fans, and he worked his buns off for the fans at the convention.
I don't know if AX would still be around today, or still growing, were it not for him. It's sad, because the first time he got elected it was such a narrow margin (one vote, I think) but he's was the most qualified among all the candidates.

Last edited by Access : 08-21-2012 at 03:44 PM.
Access is offline   Reply With Quote