Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Other Reviews

Unread 07-27-2010, 06:25 PM   #1
kiratsukai
culture shocked

Wig Brand/Shop Review: Prichara

Name of Merchant: Prichara
Website: http://www.prichara.com/ *Japan only (TOKYU HANDS department stores and Animate chain stores also carry Prichara wigs)
Items ordered: 2 Military Medis in milky gold
Links to picture(s) of your items recieved: costume 1 costume 2

Timeline (how long your order took to process): The order was placed through otamap and took about one week to process even with some restocking issues. Shipping was within Japan.

Pros: Otamap offers a very good 10% discount on all prichara wigs, making them even more reasonable than usual. The military medi usually costs 4,935 yen but we got ours for about 4,100 each. We'd been looking for some slightly darker Kagamine wigs for our Love is War costumes and had seen the lighter version of this wig in-person at our local Animate. From the look of the picture, we'd never have thought they would work, but taking one in-hand changed our mind. The medi looks scraggly, but the layers can be fairly easily tamed with some heat styling and a bit of product.

The color is quite deep and has a very nice look outdoors. As always, Prichara's wigs are well-rooted, well-cut, nicely styled and look better on heads than they do in packages.

Cons: The color makes me very nervous. Especially indoors under flourescent lights, it seems to be much darker than the image on the website. I understand where the coloring discrepancy comes into play since I can see the difference myself when I walk the wigs out to my balcony and back. The color is hard to pin down. But I'm afraid it may also be too dark... I'll have them sun-bleaching on the balcony for the next three weeks, in any case.

The random cut leaves the wig a bit short on top and with a lot of flyaways in the event you want to make complicated styles. I'm going to have a bit of trouble coaxing it into a ponytail for Len. Highly recommend a more consistantly cut style for updos and multi-length styling.

Final Comments: The medi will work wonderfully for any character with messy, tousled shoulder-length hair and would also make a great base for a mid-length random spikey style. The milky gold color would be just perfect for Dino from KHR and the cut lends itself well to characters like Konoe from Lamento. Had I seen one before buying my Zephyr, I may also have chosen one shade lighter for Flandre. It remains to see whether it will work for the Kagamines ~ but I suppose if it doesn't, the misstep is my own, not Prichara's.

Final Grade: 8

LAYERS Tutorial Translations: here, Blog: here
~ Cosplayer's Archive #67148 ~ Cure #224396 ~ My Marketplace Page ~

Last edited by kiratsukai : 01-26-2011 at 03:45 AM.
kiratsukai is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-03-2010, 03:44 AM   #2
kiratsukai
culture shocked

Wig Brand/Shop Review: Prichara (2)

Name of Merchant: Prichara
Website: http://www.prichara.com/ *Japan only (TOKYU HANDS department stores and Animate chain stores also carry Prichara wigs)
Items ordered: milky gold wefted extensions
Links to picture(s) of your items recieved: coming

Timeline (how long your order took to process): The order was placed on Monday and arrived via courier on Tuesday

The military medi shaped up into a beautiful Len wig in the back but doesn't have nearly enough hair to do all of the spikes and sculpting I'd like in the front. The few spikes I did make left the wig looking a bit bear and the cap exposed. Beside myself with worry about how the wig turned out, I decided to try and fix it by ordering some extensions from prichara directly. I used my points from a previous purchase to take 312 yen off the cost... but buying single items is still prohibitively expensive. This time it couldn't be helped. With the COD fee and shipping included the cost was 2,838 yen.

Pros: The wefts are thick and incredibly long. There's more than enough hair here to cover my sparse patches. If I decide to be ambitious, I can cut the wefts in half lengthwise and create a double-set with the glue and clearfile method.

The match is perfect, the packing is more than sufficient and the quality of the product is high. The order came packaged with a geniunely adorable necklace of black metal hearts that I'll actually wear. It was a nice way to take the sting out of the price of ordering only one item alone.

Cons: None really, aside from the high price of ordering one item at a time.

Final Comments: Ordering from otamap gets you better discounts, but Prichara offers better point returns and free gifts when you order from them directly.

Final Grade: 10

LAYERS Tutorial Translations: here, Blog: here
~ Cosplayer's Archive #67148 ~ Cure #224396 ~ My Marketplace Page ~
kiratsukai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2012, 12:39 AM   #3
cutiepiy5

I'm interested in purchasing a wig from the same seller, is there any advice you can give me on the ordering process because I live in the states?
cutiepiy5 is offline   Reply With Quote