Go Back   Cosplay.com > International Forums > Australia

Unread 04-25-2012, 09:13 PM   #1
moley117

Brisbane Cosplay Social groups or meets

Hey guys,

I'm reasonably new to Cosplay. Haven't started, thought of or completed any costumes yet. Just wondering if there was any regular Brisbane meetups or Cosplay groups where everyone gets together and discusses ideas/techniques and just hangs out?

I look forward to meeting any others in the area!
moley117 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-26-2012, 06:44 PM   #2
gaming_goddess
Metal Gear Geek

Hey
I recently moved to the Brisbane area also and I don't know of any regular meets up we just had the gold coast supanova which a lot of us went to and we will have brisbane supanova in november so will hopefully see you then. In the meantime feel free to PM. I'm sure people will post events as they happen
gaming_goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2012, 06:51 PM   #3
moley117

Yeah. I thought more just meeting up for the sake of meeting up. Sharing new stories and new secrets/hints. Outside of the convention atmosphere. I can only read so many websites before I lose my mind on tutorials haha.
moley117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2012, 10:46 PM   #4
Melanie
That's right, worship me.

There's sooo many meet-ups/photoshoots arranged on Facebook, it's difficult to keep up! The best place to keep an eye out for them is this group -> https://www.facebook.com/groups/aucosplayers/
Once you're in that group, you'll get invited to all kinds of things! Hahaha, I never go to any, 'cause I'm just so antisocial! XD
Melanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2012, 04:34 AM   #5
t3rm1n83r

Hey, ive just started with the whole cosplay thing myself and dont know many people yet, im also from brisbane area so if you want to do a group hangout sometime let me know!
t3rm1n83r is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2012, 07:24 AM   #6
AustralianHLTD

I'm very new to it, too. >.o
I cosplay MANY characters already. L from Death Note, being one of them. I'm going to the SupaNova in Brisbane, 2012, November, with two other people.
:I

If your going to that one, at all, let me know! We could maybe meet up there. >.<
AustralianHLTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2012, 11:26 AM   #7
SarahPhobic

My friend and I are going to Brisbane's Supanova, it's going to be our very first cosplay Well, if you don't count being random Zombie nurses for Zombie Walk last year (and this is my very first post here wooo)
We're going to be two Joy Angels from Bayonetta, we're going to start making our costumes soon, hopefully they turn out alright and on time :P
SarahPhobic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2012, 01:20 AM   #8
Simetra
Weapon Master :D

The group Melaine suggested is a good idea...they're ALWAYS having meets (I generally don't go cause I can't be bothered and don't find them particularly interesting, but they're a good way to make friends). There is also another group on facebook that has meets - queensland cosplay: http://www.facebook.com/groups/386849264694088/
Simetra is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2013, 08:25 AM   #9
jinny17

[I'm also new to cosplay maybe be can like hangout, I'm in bribane too. 15 years old XD
uhhh maybe you can give me your gmail and we can sort things out?
jinny17 is offline   Reply With Quote