Go Back   Cosplay.com > Canada Convention Forums > Canada Cosplay

Unread 10-12-2012, 11:47 AM   #16
SuperBee
Jill of all trades

I noticed that last time I saw them a lot of people were dressed up but did not enter the competition. That's fine by me since I do have those backstage passes I don't expect that we'd have the time to enter the competition.

About 2 weeks left and I am still not done Hex.... Bro will bring his Auron now... unless he changes his mind yet again.....

Giant Diglett will return!

Possible Future Cosplays:
-Zapdos Original design (humanoid)
-Unown Original design (humanoid)
-Giant Gastly
-Marika Kato - Pirate Captain
SuperBee is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-15-2012, 10:02 PM   #17
x-musicfreak-x
Emotional Constipation

My costume is set, it's just curling one side of my wig right. I tried for Fan Expo and they curls did not hold :'(

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/MusicfreakCreations
Tumblr: http://x-musicfreak-x.tumblr.com/
Youtube https://www.youtube.com/user/MusicfreakCreations
deviantART:http://x-musicfreak-x.deviantart.com/
x-musicfreak-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2012, 02:09 PM   #18
jukebox
role models > supermodels

I'm trying to decide if I wanna throw on my Tifa costume for this... it would be fun, but I feel like the problems might outweigh the benefits?

It's really not a costume that suits any weather conditions that aren't like, mild 20-something spring days with no humidity or wind or rain, because the wig traps so much heat but everything else is so skimpy that I'm cold. =X

The other thing being, I always worry about potential harassment when I wear it to nerdy conventions, so I get pretty reluctant to wear her anywhere but Anime North. That, and while I'm totally confident wearing a costume that skimpy and unforgiving, I'd hate to end up getting a lot of attention just because of sex appeal alone and potentially deprive other people of recognition for costumes they've worked hard on too. ^^;; Maybe I'll just suck it up and try and let the fates happen as they will, and I can put a tshirt and jeans into my bag for later when I want to cover up.

PROFILES
GEEKPR0N | Twitter | deviantArt
jukebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2012, 02:22 PM   #19
ImASleazoid

I'm really considering going to this! I know I want to but money, I need money xP
ImASleazoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2012, 02:48 PM   #20
DreamKitty
Living the Dream.

My roomie (FlameofSoul) and I are really hoping that we can go to VGL this year. We've both never been, and we have like, no money (starving student, YEAH~) so we're really hoping to win tickets to go. *fingers crossed*
Do a lot of people go in cosplay to this? We're going to wear Rinoa and Tifa for this. Can't wait!

Come visit my cosplay page~ DreamKitty Cosplay
DreamKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2012, 08:21 AM   #21
SuperBee
Jill of all trades

Quote:
Originally Posted by jukebox View Post
I'm trying to decide if I wanna throw on my Tifa costume for this... it would be fun, but I feel like the problems might outweigh the benefits?

It's really not a costume that suits any weather conditions that aren't like, mild 20-something spring days with no humidity or wind or rain, because the wig traps so much heat but everything else is so skimpy that I'm cold. =X

The other thing being, I always worry about potential harassment when I wear it to nerdy conventions, so I get pretty reluctant to wear her anywhere but Anime North. That, and while I'm totally confident wearing a costume that skimpy and unforgiving, I'd hate to end up getting a lot of attention just because of sex appeal alone and potentially deprive other people of recognition for costumes they've worked hard on too. ^^;; Maybe I'll just suck it up and try and let the fates happen as they will, and I can put a tshirt and jeans into my bag for later when I want to cover up.
That's the thing, as it is a concert and not a convention I don't think people will overall care. They are there to play the games and enjoy the show. Just dress up for the fun of it. I don't know the cosplay itself but, others will and will appreciate it. At least that's my thoughts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamKitty View Post
My roomie (FlameofSoul) and I are really hoping that we can go to VGL this year. We've both never been, and we have like, no money (starving student, YEAH~) so we're really hoping to win tickets to go. *fingers crossed*
Do a lot of people go in cosplay to this? We're going to wear Rinoa and Tifa for this. Can't wait!
The tickets are really that terribly expensive. It is a wonderful experience that EVERYONE should see! A lot of people do dress up. There are a few who enter the "contest", but I have seen more people dressed up who did not enter.

Giant Diglett will return!

Possible Future Cosplays:
-Zapdos Original design (humanoid)
-Unown Original design (humanoid)
-Giant Gastly
-Marika Kato - Pirate Captain
SuperBee is offline   Reply With Quote