Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Marketplace > Archived Marketplace Forums > Commissions Wanted

Unread 04-26-2012, 05:14 PM   #1
Rin.era
Ephemeral Daydreams

Three Katanas quote please :3

Hello out there! I hope you're doing well.

Anyway, I'm looking for a prop maker to make me 3 katanas and sheaths.

I was going to try tackling it myself, but I wanted to know if anyone could give me a quote for what they would charge if they would do it instead. If it's out of my budget, then I will go ahead and figure out how to do it, if not then I'll go ahead and spend the money.

I have no experience in making anything except paper mache..which I'm not that good at to begin with. But I'm always up for a challenge, it's just that when I look at the instructions in the forums, they just boggle my mind with all the materials and instructions, they just aren't clear enough for me, maybe if there was a video that went through it 'thoroughly' then I might be able to do it.

Oh and if you consider, I'm not looking for anything extravagent. (like expensive wood or anything.) Actually as long as I can get the base of each unpainted I could even work with that, I can paint, just not carve wood or understand how a glue gun works. I don't have the tools and I'd rather have a pro go at it then my novice.

My time frame is by probably mid-june. I need it by the end of June for AX2012.

These are the two characters I need them for.
Chikage and Heisuke

I figured that all you really need is how the guard and the tsuka looks. I think Heisuke has two katana. I don't think the other is a wakizashi. I'll go look it up. Is it normal for samurai to have two katana?

Anyway just wondering if anyone can shoot me a quote. Their sheaths don't have any markings on them, so a standard sheath should be fine. Thank you for your time.

Unread 04-26-2012, 07:28 PM   #2
the wolf
Master Fabricator

very interested but can't get your links to work pm me with pics and we can talk thanks

the wolf