Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Cosplay Tutorials

Unread 04-28-2012, 07:01 PM   #1
FireSpyro
Foxhound

General Wig Styling

Hello,
I am wanting to cosplay as Sally Jupiter from Watchmen and I have the wig and the tutorials on how to do the hairstyle I want but i have never styled a wig before, and it may sound really stupid, but I wanted to know what i can and can't do to a wig.
I have an anglea wig and I don't want to ruin it by using something I shouldn't. I just want to know the general stuff like can I use hairspray or what's best to use and how to make something like Victory Rolls stay up on a wig, I know with realy hair hair grips would work fine but I don't know if that would with a wig as really there is nothing strudy for it to cling to.

Any general wig styling tips would be brilliant thanks.

Hell hath no fury like a woman with a sharp object and no chocolate!!! khrymson-taibhsean Quote from Deviant Art
FireSpyro is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-30-2012, 01:50 AM   #2
animenerd93
Neko Neko Chi CHi

first of all it depends if your wig is heat resistant.
IF IT IS)
use heat to to everything that involves movement. it makes life much easier.
If Not) your life is gonna be tough

on wigs, most normal hair products can be used but there are brands that work better than others. like got2b is a favorite among stylers. their freeze spray especially. For the victory rolls, if it is heat resistant then hot rollers will help to hold the shape n then you can spray hairspray over it and itll hold pretty well as long as you dont hit it really hard. If need be a few well placed bobby pins help too
RapMonster- BTS N.O
fem!Ravi- VIXX Hyde
Hyuk- VIXX Voodoo Doll
animenerd93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2012, 01:40 PM   #3
lunaladyoflight
Glitter Addict

For her rolls you can use some foam rollers and use the roll portion. Paint it to match the hair and roll it up in it. You can sew it in place and spray it with a freezing spray.
lunaladyoflight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2012, 10:37 AM   #4
FireSpyro
Foxhound

Ah thank you, I don't know if an Anglea wig is heat resistant, i bought it off cosplay.com shop. I wasn't sure if using bobby pins was going to work with it being a wig but thank you for the help =)

Hell hath no fury like a woman with a sharp object and no chocolate!!! khrymson-taibhsean Quote from Deviant Art
Unread 05-02-2012, 03:40 PM   #5
animenerd93
Neko Neko Chi CHi

cosplay.com wigs usally are heat resistant so u should be fine n ive used bobby pins on my wigs all the time
RapMonster- BTS N.O
fem!Ravi- VIXX Hyde
Hyuk- VIXX Voodoo Doll
animenerd93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2012, 09:38 PM   #6
lunaladyoflight
Glitter Addict

An Angela is by New Look. That is most certainly NOT heat resistant. DO NOT USE HEAT ON AN ANGELA WIG.
lunaladyoflight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2012, 05:47 AM   #7
FireSpyro
Foxhound

That's good to know before I styled it this weekend, gonna be fun trying to get that to hold but we shall see how it goes I suppose, thanks