Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Ohayocon

Unread 01-26-2004, 12:26 PM   #1
Miroku007

Fueled by Insanity (An Insominac Story-Telling Thread)

Okay My first story is about Ohayocon because I remember it best.

I had stayed up all of Friday and two days before...

All that happened on Friday night was pure, unequaled insanity.

The whole time during Ohayocon 4 I was yelled at by the staff, but only for stupid crap.

Incident #1:
A large group of my friends were confronted by one of the staff workers who had a deformed hand, was short and annoying. He said we had been disturbing people, running carelessly, "mock-fighting" and causing other disturbances.

We hadn't done crap.

Incident #2:
A friend of mine ran over to two staff workers pushing crate-loaders, that had no crates, and asked if we could ride them. Both of the staff looked at each other and enthusiastically replied with a sure. We both hopped on and began to skateboard and then played a game of chicken and the staff was pushing us around. Another staff officer came running and began to yell at us for doing this, they didn't notice that their own staff members were allowing this.

Incident #3: Earlier my friend and I did a cheers salute with two glass cups lying around unused. They shattered accidentally with almost no force behind them. Later, "Weirdy" or the short, annoying staff officer with the deformed hand went on stage and began to talk like The Rock and say that whoever broke the glasses was going to have their asses kicked by him. The sad thing is we took the time to scrape up the broken glasses earlier into a neat little pile to the best that we could. The irrelevant comedy is that my friend and I (Which we were the awesome Vash and Wolfwood cosplayers and I was the Wolfwood who openly demolished the cross) are swordsman and weaponsmiths. My friend alone would've ripped off his deformed hand and shoved it through his eye. His body would've never been found either.

Incident #4: Right after the karaoke (however spelled) the staff lady from earlier came over with about three others and said we were causing disturbances, riding crate-loaders, running through the access halls and causing trouble. We had only ran through the hall to get to the karaoke once, their own staff let us ride the things and the most trouble we had caused was skip in front of a stage.

Incident #5: At about three a.m. war was declared on the table of Ethiopia by the table of the French Rebellion F.R. Ance. A staff officer came running out later during a skirmish that we were too loud and would have to be removed if we weren't quieter. We left some ground in cheese underneath our table and ran. We also threw a paper airplane that stuck on the roof of a food court store.

Incident #6: At about eight a.m. a crazed French man wanted my picture, simply because I was cosplaying Miroku. I had been in my costume all night, did not have my staff or arm band/glove, and looked very skanky and half awake. He said something I didn't understand and leaned closer until I realized he did not speak English. He then said something about beer and kept saying beer for some reason. We had no clue what the fuck he was talkign about. We let him take our pictures though.

Incident #7: After beating the shit out of my cross, I was back in the Wolfwood costume and very tired. Beating the cross had actually straightened it somewhat but I was still tired. I decided to take a breather on the stairs. I was holding the cross and my orange folder, which I layed beside me. I accidentally went to sleep like that for about two hours. I was awoken to someone taking my picture. I apparently went to sleep in the exact pose of Wolfwood after dieing. I turned around only to see a photo op. with my most hated Soul Calibur 2 character in my most hated costume of her, Cassandra. I went back to my room and crashed.

Incident #8: We watched Bastard!! and another really messed up romance with a group of idiots in a theatere room. We got to discussing hentai and then we all began to cheer as Bastard turned into the typical hentai. Tentacles, clothing-devouring slime and Ninja rapists. The other series had a cat and a Scooby Doo styled villan. After our new friend commented on Moldiver being a mind-numbingly dull series, some idiot began yelling at him about it.

Incident #9: An Ozzy impressionist that drew Furry hentai. 'Nuff said.

Incident#10: The Sheep of Doom was Sherman-Tanked by my friend.

Incident#11: My friend rode on the hand grip of an escalator and made it start making a god-awful grinding noise.

Incident#12: Kris the Stampede was owned by a large plexiglass window.

Incident#13: I went to sleep for about fifteen minutes under a table and crawled out looking all skanky.

Incident#14: I was so out of it that i asked a vender if they had Megatokyo on DVD.

Incident#15: I beat the shit out of my cross in the middle of a crowd of people by elbow dropping it, kicking it, stomping it, jumping on it and power-bombing it.

Incident#16: We had a mosh pit to the old school version of Transformer's theme.

At Nekocon 6:

Incident#1: I fell into a planter.

Anime Mid-Atlantic 3:

Incident#1: I was half awake and had to piss. I was in my Miroku costume when it still looked nice. I saw a man come from the men's restroom and decided to enter what I believed to be the Men's room. I went in to see a lady say that I was in the women's room. I ran out and straight into a large, Mirokuless Inuyasha fangroup. They pointed and yelled, "Look! Miroku's being a pervert!" and laughed. I ran.

Incident #2: During the rave I pulled out the staff and a friend of mine broke it while breakdancing, which I had ripped my costume by breakdancing too. "The Peace Police" came and yelled at me for the staff and said that the rings could have flown off and put out someone's eye or hurt someone. Oh, ow, a three gram gold plated ring. Such pain. They did fly off but no one was hurt.

Incident#3: A group of my new friends and I went downstairs to find a piece of pizza laying unwanted with two pieces missing. We raided it. We poured some drinks and we rubbed some pizza on the wall of one of the halls and put a bunch of nasties in a cup and turned it over and put it with the clean glasses. We ran.

Tell your great stories everyone, we want to hear the magic.
Miroku007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-26-2004, 02:20 PM   #2
Himemiya
AAAHHH INTERFACING

crazy french man is probably neko. Was he dressed as Mario or Wario at any time?
Himemiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2004, 05:15 PM   #3
ZiggyB
The Fuzz

Welcome to Cosplay.com.

However, next time you may want to look at all the different forums we have available on the site. Since you are posting about Ohayocon I'm moving this post to that forum.

In the future, you'll want to post in the correct place to keep things orderly and allow people to find your threads.
ZiggyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2004, 05:25 PM   #4
KnuxieChan
Thunderbolt's Bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miroku007
Incident #8: We watched Bastard!! and another really messed up romance with a group of idiots in a theatere room. We got to discussing hentai and then we all began to cheer as Bastard turned into the typical hentai. Tentacles, clothing-devouring slime and Ninja rapists. The other series had a cat and a Scooby Doo styled villan. After our new friend commented on Moldiver being a mind-numbingly dull series, some idiot began yelling at him about it.
Good series. I cosplayed Dark before.. X3 I love that series..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Himemiya
crazy french man is probably neko. Was he dressed as Mario or Wario at any time?
Odd, because he spoke English to me o.o The Fansview guy was about to give me his Yoshi plush and he came walking back.
Major Raikov (Metal Gear Solid 3)
Kazuhira Miller (Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker)
Joltik (Pokémon Hoodie)
Leon Kennedy (Resident Evil 4)
Marik Ishtar (YGOTAS)

----------------------
KnuxieChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2004, 05:56 PM   #5
Melchior

So you're coming on here to tell everyone how adolescent, disruptive, and irresponsible you could be at a convention?

Good job. Thanks for contributing to the stereotype.

(edit) Oh, and way to take a few potshots at the handicapped too while you were at it.

Last edited by Melchior : 01-26-2004 at 06:19 PM.
Melchior is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2004, 06:09 PM   #6
Paul Soth

I'll be sure to pass this along at the next staff meeting. Thanks for the tip!
Paul Soth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2004, 06:11 PM   #7
Phyrechan
ending in a blaze

i think the stories are cute! sounds like you had a blast!
Unread 01-26-2004, 07:30 PM   #8
Bahzi
Hi gaiz!

I agree with Melchior...don't come on here and expect everyone to applaud your immaturity, I make a point to point out jerks like you to staff as do a bunch of other members...there are ways to have a good time while respecting others and hotel property...find them and don't bother posting crap like this. Grow up!
Bahzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2004, 09:07 PM   #9
Chibi Neko Nobi
Rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melchior
So you're coming on here to tell everyone how adolescent, disruptive, and irresponsible you could be at a convention?

Good job. Thanks for contributing to the stereotype.

(edit) Oh, and way to take a few potshots at the handicapped too while you were at it.
I agree..I can't believe you would be so cruel to anyone with a disability. And I happened to like the frenchman. He was very kind and enjoyed taking pictures of us.
Stop making all cosplayers look bad, okay?
Unread 01-27-2004, 01:01 AM   #10
Bobbi
I poke spoons with baders

The guy with the deformed hand (Jeremy, security head) is a good friend of mine. That's something I won't stand for. Let's just say that if you even had the slightest chance of doing anything to him, a very large number of people would be at your door.

I wasn't on staff this year for this con, but I have been for last ohayocon and other conventions, so yeah... I know what it's like to be a staff member and put up with that kind of behavior.

You really can't expect to go into a convention and do whatever the heck you please. The staff is there to maintain the con and keep things in order. Those being unorderly and disruptive will be dealt with as they should be. Do you know that someone could've stepped on that glass and hurt themselves? Use some common sense!

The staff members who were letting you play chicken on the carts will most likely be dealt with... though I can't say because I wasn't a staff member. But when they find out who it was, they won't be getting away with it, I'm sure.

Sure everyone at cons get a little hyper and silly... granted most don't do anything that could potentially harm others, or give a bad name to the convention. Breaking a glass by carelessly playing with it, or smearing pizza on the wall isn't something that would go over too well with the hotel. Which would give Ohayocon a bad name, and might have to keep them from using that location. (It's a good location because of the convention center which they can move into in future years)

Anyway, i'm glad you spoke up. Now maybe those in charge can deal with you justly.

Last edited by Bobbi : 01-27-2004 at 01:24 AM.
Bobbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2004, 01:39 AM   #11
HezaChan
Cosplay is my CRACK.

I just don't understand why someone would go to a con and make fun of people who make what you're going to happen. I mean without them, you wouldn't have a con to make fun of. I think that what you are doing is awfully rude. You may think of me as just another idiot, but seriously, please have some respect and decency to not shout your opinions from the rooftop. I mean, you should know right from wrong yes? Disrespecting someone such as you did isn't a very nice thing. Please think about what you say before you say it.
Unread 01-27-2004, 02:16 AM   #12
SpikeSpiegel

Unbelievable. No wonder some conventions have age restrictions. This my friends is why 14 year olds shouldn't think they are all grown up, granted some act more mature than others. Lets hope they act more mature than this more often than not. Crazy. If you're 14 and get offended at what I'm saying but don't act so immature then please don't bother getting offended. I realize some people are more mature than others, or at least have more common sense at the age of 14.
SpikeSpiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2004, 08:51 AM   #13
Paul Soth

Anyone got any more info on these morons? I feel some banning coming on...
Paul Soth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2004, 11:33 AM   #14
KnuxieChan
Thunderbolt's Bitch

*blinks and rereads the thread*Jeremy had to put up with ALOT of shit. He's a good friend of mine and deserves alot of credit. Just because he's different doesn't mean you have to make fun of him.

I hated that ICP, and Harry Potter cosplay. This is a anime convention, not a comic one.

I'm 16, and I was VERY responsible at this con, my parents were very proud of me. Don't ruin it by making the staff so angry they put up an age limit.
Major Raikov (Metal Gear Solid 3)
Kazuhira Miller (Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker)
Joltik (Pokémon Hoodie)
Leon Kennedy (Resident Evil 4)
Marik Ishtar (YGOTAS)

----------------------
KnuxieChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2004, 11:47 AM   #15
Bobbi
I poke spoons with baders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shippo87
I hated that ICP, and Harry Potter cosplay. This is a anime convention, not a comic one.
Well, I see nothing wrong with regular hall cosplay if you're doing something not anime related. I can see Harry Potter, as many anime fans like the books and stuff. However I can't see ICP... that's a little too far. At any rate... you can hall cosplay whoever you want, as long as it's appropriate. ICP was on the borderline of appropriate, i think.

Anyway... i think I vaugely remember who those people might be, but I can't exactly remember a clear face. I do remember a Wolfwood and a Miroku that looked like the same person on different days who were in the Kareoke room. If someone showed me a picture, i could probably point him out.