Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > AMē

Unread 05-15-2012, 03:30 PM   #16
stitchez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamic Leader View Post
Hey! It's great to see you again! I was wondering where you've been! I'm figuring that after lunch would probably be more doable for the gathering since pushing the hour forward might be a little too early in the morning for some people (I'm actually a 4am zombie, but I know that some out there don't wake up until like 10am- they'd probably miss the gathering completely).

Does anyone mind pushing the gathering back 1:00 or 2:00 in the afternoon? (show of hands... c'mon, I know you're out there!)

As for the panel @__@ Ironically I haven't heard anything about it yet.... OTL

Yeah, I've been a bit caught up this year sadly. College + a new job + fanime plans keep getting messed up so not much time to worry about the other cons I'm planning on attending.(and yeah thats what happened last year actually people came around like noon saying theyd slept in so they missed it).

Odd. I asked on Tumblr as well and theres nothing on the actual forums. I wonder what's going on. Speaking of me and my co-hosts should probably write up our advertisement to start circling for our panel...
  • Snake - Kuroshitsuji
  • Souda Kazuichi - SDR2
  • Carver Hawke - DA2
  • Bolin - LoK
ANIME CALIFORNIA 2014
  • Leon and/or Souda - DR/SDR2
  • ?????????
PMX 2014
  • Marco Bodtt - SNK
  • Secret Cosplay
  • something JoJo????
stitchez is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-15-2012, 04:18 PM   #17
Dynamic Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchez View Post
Yeah, I've been a bit caught up this year sadly. College + a new job + fanime plans keep getting messed up so not much time to worry about the other cons I'm planning on attending.(and yeah thats what happened last year actually people came around like noon saying theyd slept in so they missed it).

Odd. I asked on Tumblr as well and theres nothing on the actual forums. I wonder what's going on. Speaking of me and my co-hosts should probably write up our advertisement to start circling for our panel...
Wow- it's like a phantom panel! Creepy! Maybe we should just go just to see what kind of ghost host is running the show! LOL!

So 2pm is good? Anybody else? (Show of hands? please don't be shy! Your vote counts! Speak now or forever hold your Pasta~)
Dynamic Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2012, 01:31 AM   #18
okami745

I'm fine with any of those time as long as it isn't after 3PM ^-^
okami745 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2012, 07:46 AM   #19
Dynamic Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by okami745 View Post
I'm fine with any of those time as long as it isn't after 3PM ^-^
*eerie music* o__o W-what happens after 3pm?

LOL! If 2pm is too late for you, maybe we can bump it up to 1:30pm just to give a pinch more time? (feel free to protest)
Unread 05-16-2012, 12:44 PM   #20
BalancingAct

I believe this is the facebook for thta panel: https://www.facebook.com/events/124366567698648/
BalancingAct is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2012, 05:56 PM   #21
okami745

lol, nothing dramatic happens after 3PM. it's just that is around the time I have to leave to head back home T^T

no it's fine, 2PM isn't late XD (I'll still have enough time).
Can't wait \(^-^)/ the day is getting closer!
okami745 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2012, 11:57 PM   #22
Dynamic Leader

Okay. June is tomorrow. Last call for time change, or else we're sticking with 2pm Sat!

Show of hands! Anybody!
Unread 06-04-2012, 02:52 AM   #23
ZephyrEclipse

Since I'm going to be in the panel/game thing this year as well, as Switzerland, I'll probably drop by if France and co. do.

I was Denmark (sailor version) last year, and in the panel (as Denmark) as well.
ZephyrEclipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2012, 11:09 PM   #24
Deru-Wisper

Not sure if we'll be able to make it, but if we somehow manage to, my group would come in the Chess!Hetalia designs. I'd come as either Mafia!Romano or Teutonic Knight!Nyotalia!Prussia.
For Chess we have:
Chess England
Chess Hungary
Chess Italy
Chess Belguim (own design)

Upcoming Cons:
Anime Expo '15
_______
In Progress:
Azami (Kagerou Project) - 90%
Satsuki Kiryuin (Kill la Kill) - 10%
Lucina (Fire Emblem: Awakening) - Planned
_______
Instagram - Tumblr - Twitter
Deru-Wisper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2012, 06:03 AM   #25
mscasp
Makeshift Casual Cosplyr

Sorry for the late reply. I have been trying to register, but the site wouldn't let me. I finally did less than an hour ago.

There is a chance I can't make it to AM2 on Day 1, so that is out of the question. For Day 2, I might attend the Hetastuck panel from 11:00 A.M. to 12:30 P.M., so that time may be hard. I was thinking that we should have the cosplay gathering the same day as the Ask a Nation: Hetalia Panel, so there would be a higher chance of more Hetalia cosplayers present. That panel is on Day 3 from 2:00 to 3:00 P.M. There are also other cosplay gatherings I'm trying to attend, and I'm not sure about the times yet.

If I go, I'm going to be dressed up as a makeshift Taiwan.
mscasp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2012, 03:10 PM   #26
Sakurastr

I will be going as Russia.....I might leave a little early, will need to change to go to the Legend of Zelda gathering~
Sakurastr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2012, 06:29 PM   #27
Dynamic Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by mscasp View Post
I was thinking that we should have the cosplay gathering the same day as the Ask a Nation: Hetalia Panel, so there would be a higher chance of more Hetalia cosplayers present. That panel is on Day 3 from 2:00 to 3:00 P.M. There are also other cosplay gatherings I'm trying to attend, and I'm not sure about the times yet.
Before or after the panel? I'm good for both (Noon for before, and 3pm for right after although I'm sure this may call for a location change. It's not hard to pick up a group of people and move them). I'm not sure of what other gatherings might be occurring during those hours either.

Does anybody else mind pushing the gathering back to day 3? Show of hands please! I want to have the date and time solid by this Sunday, but I'm willing to keep negotiations open until the 14th if need be. Please speak now if you think you're going to have a problem!
Unread 06-07-2012, 06:45 PM   #28
Sakurastr

Last year we did it on the same day as the ask a nation panel. It was before the panel at the fountain, then we left to the panel.
Sakurastr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2012, 05:04 PM   #29
stitchez

I vote for Saturday @2pm still :/

It's still debatable if myself and a portion of my group can attend Sunday because of prior plans/work but we'd love to attend. There's always the possibility of having a gathering on both days though, if the OP doesn't mind hosting both days. If not I wouldn't mind stepping up for helping with the Saturday gathering. It's what they do for AX, a hetalia gathering every day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakurastr View Post
Last year we did it on the same day as the ask a nation panel. It was before the panel at the fountain, then we left to the panel.
The reason the panel and gathering were the same day was because I was hosting both, along with the Kuroshitsuji gathering the previous day, so I made it easier for myself and the other panelsists keeping them on the same day since it was a large group of us going large group cosplays.

Panels and gatherings at most other cons don't always manage to be on the same day though, if there's a gathering people really want to attend they usually change.
  • Snake - Kuroshitsuji
  • Souda Kazuichi - SDR2
  • Carver Hawke - DA2
  • Bolin - LoK
ANIME CALIFORNIA 2014
  • Leon and/or Souda - DR/SDR2
  • ?????????
PMX 2014
  • Marco Bodtt - SNK
  • Secret Cosplay
  • something JoJo????

Last edited by stitchez : 06-08-2012 at 05:10 PM.
stitchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2012, 05:52 AM   #30
Dynamic Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchez View Post
There's always the possibility of having a gathering on both days though, if the OP doesn't mind hosting both days. If not I wouldn't mind stepping up for helping with the Saturday gathering. It's what they do for AX, a hetalia gathering every day.
Personally, I'm free for every single day of the con, I'm just more concerned about losing people in the time change. I don't mind doing it on both days. Your help is appreciated if you can spare the time.

So it's looking like
Saturday 2pm and Sunday Noon (still open to tweak the Sunday hour backward if necessary. Any suggestions?).