Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Site Headquarters

Unread 01-26-2004, 01:16 PM   #1
marsie
Busty MacHumps

Rude Comments on the Gallery Photos

If there is someone going through posting rude and nasty comments on photos, can we have a button like in the forums to report them so it can be removed.

The pictures are not of me and I don't want anyone hurt by the comments.

Beth G
Ohayocon Board of Directors

Senior Director of Operations
marsie is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-26-2004, 02:37 PM   #2
Rosiel
The FRENCH CONNECTION
Super Moderator

Either click "report photo" and explain it's about the comments, not the photo, in the comment box, or PM a mod. All mods have the power to delete comments and warn users if they are abusing the comment system.
Unread 01-27-2004, 02:23 PM   #3
Bobbi
I poke spoons with baders

Yeah... I wonder if there's some way to prevent people from commenting unless they have X amount of posts. I noticed the person who commented on my picture in Marsie's gallery just signed up so he/she could post that rude comment. I'm not sure how hard that would be to code. I'd offer to help but I'm not all that knowledgeable in the php/mysql department yet. =/
Unread 01-27-2004, 02:40 PM   #4
Hikaruchan
Have camera, will travel

I think that is a good idea, because the 1 time I had problems with rude comments it was with a 0 posts person. Maybe have the person have 3-5 posts before they can post comments in gallery.
Hikaruchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2004, 02:46 PM   #5
archangeli
~ Ich bin da. ~

i've noticed that a lot of ppl sign up for this site to post pics in the gallery and never participate in the forums.

i realize that posting in forums isn't mandatory, but I think that people should give something to the community (rude comments excluded).
Unread 01-28-2004, 10:17 AM   #6
Yuna
Nessa
A frakin' Mod

Archangeli: many people avoid the message board and utalize only our photo galleries. There is and never will be a policy saying that is you use our photo galleries you must post on our board, that's just incredibly silly.

If you receive a rude comment from a member who has signed up recently and has no post count, report that photo to a staff member ASAP and that member will be dealt with, aka banned.
Yuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2004, 05:05 AM   #7
Michi
I'm genie for your wish
Forum Moderator

Would it be bad to fix it so that in order to comment on a picture, you must at least introduce yourself on the forums first? It would make it easier to avoid such rude trolls that just register and go to spam photo galleries. Any person that introduced themselves doesn't even need to post here.. =/ And if it was made that, for example, you needed 1 post on the forums in order to comment... and someone just went and made a rude 1 post here instead.. it'd be easy to catch and ban that person, right? Because I think the boards are a bit easier to moderate than the galleries.

....Am I making sense? I'm sorta tired. x_x

Facebook / Twitter / Website / Tumblr

Next Event: J-Pop Summit Festival in San Francisco, CA (July 19-20)
Michi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2004, 07:02 PM   #8
Yuna
Nessa
A frakin' Mod

Michi, even if the photo gallery trolls have 500 posts on the message boards, nothing can be done about them unless the member is reported to the staff. However much they post really means nothing in the terms of taking care of the member. If the member construbutes their heart and soul to the boards, but posts rude comments in the photo galleries, they will be banned regaurdless.
Yuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2004, 07:10 PM   #9
Admin
Administrator
Not Jackie Chan

So that everyone knows, the one and only reason we don't allow members to delete comments in their own galleries is because we'd never hear about 90% of them, and then wouldn't have any documentation to give us a reason to ban the person's account.

If someone posts something offensive in your gallery simply report it to us and someone will get to it.
Admin is offline   Reply With Quote