Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Hetalia: Axis Powers

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 04-30-2012, 10:48 AM   #1
Kosuke
AspieDroid Crazebot

Hetalia Youtube Makeup Project?

Hey guys, I notice the lack of Hetalia-inspired makeup/beauty tutorials on Youtube, and I was wondering, should we start a project to remedy that? I know tuorials for male characters would be a bit weird, but how about tuorials for female/Nyotalia characters so all the Hetalia loving girls can feel a little more pretty while expressing their fandom? ^^;
America - Hetalia (Needs new wig)

Retired Cosplays:
Punk!Toadsuke - Supah Nario Bros.
Karin - Naruto

Future Cosplays:
A Crapton Of Hetalia Costumes, See my journal for a full list.
Kosuke is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-30-2012, 11:40 AM   #2
Royalbakaness
Zombie Unicorn

That would be interesting. I love wearing makeup with my cosplays, but I often wonder how I should go about choosing colors and stuff. I would certainly check it out (I don't think I'm good enough with make up to contribute to the tutorials, though).
There could certainly be tutorials for male characters, too, though, especially for crossplayers. The makeup would be more subtle, but it still makes a difference. Just a thought.
Unread 04-30-2012, 01:52 PM   #3
Kosuke
AspieDroid Crazebot

Good point about the male characters, maybe makeup inspired by the male characters would be good.

I really want to do this now. But first I need some more makeup/wigs/contacts to really get the look for each one.
America - Hetalia (Needs new wig)

Retired Cosplays:
Punk!Toadsuke - Supah Nario Bros.
Karin - Naruto

Future Cosplays:
A Crapton Of Hetalia Costumes, See my journal for a full list.
Kosuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2012, 01:56 PM   #4
Royalbakaness
Zombie Unicorn

Be sure to post a link when you do! I'd love to check it out.
I would help, but, again, I don't think I'm that good with makeup. I like it, surely, but I feel like a total newb since I didn't really wear it until my senior year of high school. And then it was basically eyeshadow. I think cosplaying has gotten me more into cosmetics.
But I do know that when I finally decide what colors to wear, I often try to match them to the outfit. Belarus I used a mix of blues and greys, Hungary I used orange, fem!Canada red, etc. Don't know that I would always do that, but it seemed to work for these characters.
Unread 04-30-2012, 03:40 PM   #5
animenerd93
Neko Neko Chi CHi

for me when i do my makeup for my fems it really depends on the outfit. like if im doing a pirate fem!france ill do light blue and black eyeliner and thats it due to not wanting the piece to be unauthentic by the time period. However, recently i put together a formal fem!france for a dance and i did a gorg pale blue with a slight red fade in the inner eye. Id be interested in coming up with more "formal" or fun pieces for fems! lol
RapMonster- BTS N.O
fem!Ravi- VIXX Hyde
Hyuk- VIXX Voodoo Doll
animenerd93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2012, 09:19 PM   #6
Autumn-Alchemis
Crazed Anime Lover

Well, I'm personally working on how to make my younger brother, who is pretty red-faced as a constant, ino a stoic HRE/Young Germany, and me from an american girl into Fem!China with make up. I don't have the asian eyes.
I could probably help in getting the looks for certain characters, but I don't have wigs/contacts and such, so I could probably only do maybe HRE/Younger Germany and my Fem!China look.
oh, and my Russia friend. I'm working on him as well.
Autumn-Alchemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2012, 10:33 PM   #7
Deru-Wisper

This is a good idea. ^^ I wish I could help with my Nyo!Prussia wig, but I've never really worn makeup before. (Didn't at my first two conventions and learned my lesson ^^;; ) I know a few friends who cosplay Hungary and England who know more about makeup who could help, though! (And I'd help in any way I could!)

Upcoming Cons:
Pacific Media Expo '14
Anime Los Angelos '15
Instagram - Tumblr
Deru-Wisper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2012, 11:31 PM   #8
stitchez

If I had something other than my built in webcam i would totally help you. i manage to make my makeup for each character i've cosplayed so far just be that little bit different. And France is my best since I use crepe wool instead of eyeliner lines. I wish you luck though~
  • Snake - Kuroshitsuji
  • Souda Kazuichi - SDR2
  • Carver Hawke - DA2
  • Bolin - LoK
ANIME CALIFORNIA 2014
  • Leon and/or Souda - DR/SDR2
  • ?????????
PMX 2014
  • Marco Bodtt - SNK
  • Secret Cosplay
  • something JoJo????
stitchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2012, 12:17 PM   #9
Royalbakaness
Zombie Unicorn

I actually have a question regarding makeup, if anyone might be able to give me some suggestions. I'm doing Seychelles, and I have two ideas for makeup:
Wear some light blue eyeshadow, paint my nails a bluish, aqua color, etc.
OR
Since Seychelles is a rather innocent seeming character, I almost thought she might look good with something like light pink nail polish and maybe something similar with eyeshadow.
Any comments? Suggestions? Other ideas? I'm sorta leaning towards blue at this point, but I like input from other cosplayers.
Unread 05-12-2012, 01:39 PM   #10
PK.love

I think that you should do some tutorials on male cosplay makeup! Lots of Hetalia cosplayers could use that, I think. As in how to do makeup to look like a boy instead of more like a female's, if that makes sense?
PK.love is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2012, 11:15 PM   #11
singleperfectio
Hey its me!

I can easily put together one for the makeup i wear when I do my italy cosplay. I wouldn't be able to do it till next week though becasue this week is finals.
singleperfectio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2012, 01:23 PM   #12
surferhorse12
Angleterre

Good idea~

That's actually a really good idea! I cosplay Fem!England alot, and I'm planning a Fem!Prussia one for my next con, so some makeup videos would be awesome to see.

I'd love to help, but I'm not all that great with makeup ^^'''
surferhorse12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2012, 09:54 PM   #13
Holierthanthou
Haku Strider

Oh, I could totally do that ^^ I'm the official makeup person in my group, so I could do tutorials on how I do Hungary, Fem!Prussia, Austria, and Russia :3
Russia-APH (FINISHED), Dave Strider- Homestuck (FINISHED), Terezi Pyrope- Homestuck (FINISHED), Feferi Peixes- Homestuck (FINISHED), Sherlock Holmes- Sherlock (FINISHED), Cecil Palmer- Welcome to Night Vale (FINISHED), Grell Sutcliff- Kuroshitsuji (99% Done), Cicero- Skyrim (30% Done)

Facebook ~ Tumblr ~ Deviantart
Holierthanthou is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2012, 01:21 AM   #14
Yukora-Chan

Personally I don't wear make up what so ever, but I know two friends who are quite good at it. I will ask one of them since the other is doing HSC. The one who isn't has a great experience with make up so I might ask her

-Just believe in yourself.
-Everyone entitled own opinion.
-What's the point of saying an inspirational quote, when you don't even follow it yourself?
-No matter who you love, no matter how old you are, no matter the distance. Love is Love.
Yukora-Chan is offline   Reply With Quote