Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Other Reviews

Unread 05-02-2012, 10:20 AM   #1
Sabby

Wig Store Review: MatchWigs

Name of Product: Aldan V. Short Red Cosplay Wig
Where Purchased: http://matchwigs.com/
Product Description: Short, red, heat resistant wig. $24.99
Pros:
  • Wig - The fibers are just wonderful. They're thick, soft, and durable. I used a blow dryer to set a side-part and it came out fine. After realizing I put the part on the wrong side I repeated the process, and the wig held up just fine. I have yet to try using product in it, but the style was so perfect to begin with that I'm not sure it needs any. The wig retained it's fluffy spikiness throughout the entire shipping process.
  • Shipping - Part of the reason I ordered from MatchWigs was their free shipping. I ended up spending an extra two dollars for a tracking number, but that's nothing compared to some websites shipping costs. I purchased the wig on April 20th, and the estimated delivery date was somewhere between the 3rd and 10th of May. My wig arrived on May 1st. It was a really nice surprise! I also received e-mails updating me on my order status ever step of the way, from payment confirmation to confirming I received my customer loyalty points after the wig arrived.
  • Customer service - Fantastic! I really appreciated the shipping updates. There's also a chatbox on MatchWigs' website that you can use to talk directly to customer service. I used it to tell them how pleased I was with their product and got a very friendly rep to speak with. He a really fun, helpful, and polite guy to talk to. He seemed to really enjoy his job, and that made the experience so much better.

Cons: The wig doesn't have a skin cap, and it's a little too small for my head. The wig doesn't feel tight, but it doesn't reach all the way around my hairline. This isn't a huge issue, though, because the thickness and length of the fibers hide my real hair and wig cap just fine.
Overall Rating: 10

Photos: I used a pokemon doll to model this, since I lack a wig stand. I also trimmed the back a bit before taking pictures. The strands at the neckline were too long for my liking.
I hope this was helpful! I definitely got my money's worth on this purchase, and I will definitely buy from MatchWigs again.
Sabby is offline   Reply With Quote