Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Fitness

Unread 05-02-2012, 10:44 AM   #1
L.N.Iaa

21 day challenge

So here are my goals:
To stop getting pizza for dinner at the restaurant I work at and
get a plate from the salad or pasta line instead.

To start lifting weights again in the morning

To start stepping while I watch TV again (aerobics)

To lose 5 pounds to kick off my summer

Here are my reasons.

I've been ignoring all that stuff and I feel horrible about it

It take 21 days for something to become a habit

My best friend (whose been in China for 10 months) is finally coming home and I used to force her to get up in the morning and go jogging cause I was worried about her future health. I want to do force her to get up without feeling like a hypocryte

So 21 days
Who has a habit to make,break or a loved one coming back?
L.N.Iaa is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-02-2012, 02:48 PM   #2
Domos
Lurker

Urgh goals. I don't even know if all of mine are possible. Still want to work toward them tho.

Goals:

Kick the soda habit. Even diet soda. All of it. Replace with water. On day 4. Managed to politely decline free soda at work today.
Kick the candy habit. Especially chocolate. Doing well so far. On my second week...
Reach 70kg before the con in end of june. (About -6.5kg to go)
Keep up the exercise, at least 3 times a week, preferably more.

Reasons:

Gain some confidence in myself - stop hiding because of how I feel I look. Being able to shop for clothes without nearly breaking down and/or recieve crass comments from family.
Surprising a friend I haven't seen in a while.

Not been doing this for very long but I'm hoping to stick with it, especially the soda and exercise thing. =x
Domos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2012, 05:02 PM   #3
HorribleGhost

Actually, I did the soda thing myself. I used to drink it constantly, but I decided I'd cut back on it. I went a month without drinking any soda. It was really tough in the beginning, and I noticed I would literally grab a soda from the fridge, bring it into my room, and sit down with it before I noticed I even grabbed the soda XD

So after the 30 days I tried to drink a coke and it sucked really badly. I can't really drink sodas anymore after that. I almost exclusively drink tea and water now. I really love the taste of tea, I don't really drink it for all the over-stated health benefits.
HorribleGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2012, 09:48 PM   #4
rabidfoxcosplay

I need to trim up before Colossalcon, not so much FOR the Con, but just in general. A medicine I have to take causes extreme weight gain. So in the past 2 years I've gone from a trim (but not athletic/healthy) size 9 to a bloated 14. =_=

I'm trying to work out for at least an hour a day. It's a mixup routine: stretching, boxing, weight-lifting, and even (trying) to learn to shuffle are involved. I've been doing it for about a week (2 days off though due to hectic schedule) as well as trying to cut back on soda, eating less and more thoughtfully.

I haven't weighed myself yet...I'm trying to wait at least until 2 weeks in to check. I get so irritated about things not working when they do for others within a couple days that most of the time I give up until I get mad at myself again. ><!
rabidfoxcosplay is offline   Reply With Quote