Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Other Reviews

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 10-23-2013, 07:07 AM   #1
this_chick25
Eatin' your Jell-O

Thumbs up Match Wigs Product Review--Ahanna Ponytail wig in Black

Name of Product: Ahanna Medium Ponytail wig in Black
Where Purchased: Match Wigs
Pros: Deep Color. Really Soft Fibers. Does not Tangle, but takes product well for volumizing. Free Shipping. Pretty Thick (despite initial observation).
Cons: Fibers are a little too shiny for my preference--kind of had an overly-plastic sheen, but that can be dulled with hairspray/powder
Overall Rating: 9.8

This was my very first purchase from Match Wigs, and I must say I am overall very pleased.

It arrived REALLY fast, which I was happy with, but I was a little bit disappointed to see how shiny the fibers were (it kind of passed the "healthy-hair" level into "Hi! I'm made of plastic!") Fortunately, that's a simple issue to work around; just mist it with hairspray after styling and dust lightly with translucent setting powder.

That tiny issue aside, the fiber quality is really high, and the wig is VERY soft and takes heat and product excellently. The fibers are actually so smooth I thought that the density would not be enough to make the ponytail I needed for my cosplay, but they turned out to be really dense! For the styling, I combined both ponytails into one HUGE rear ponytail, and it took the hairspray, heat styling tools, and teasing like a champ.

If you don't mind (or actually want) a super-shiny wig, I'd recommend this wig for something like a Black Rock Shooter cosplay, because you can't beat Match Wigs for the combination of price, shipping speed, and quality, and they have a very interesting selection of wigs. I'd definitely buy another wig from them!

::le sigh::
I need an equally-talented clone of myself.

Last edited by this_chick25 : 10-23-2013 at 07:11 AM. Reason: changed a bit of wording and fixed spelling
this_chick25 is offline   Reply With Quote