Go Back   Cosplay.com > Canada Convention Forums > Anime North

Unread 01-27-2004, 01:40 PM   #1
Mage
Kinsmen - Kael'thas

Winter photoshoot?

Perhaps I'm just dense, but I'm not sure where the old thread about this went.

I think the last date mentioned was sometime in the February 6-8th weekend and, as that is coming up very soon, am just bringing it up again for discussion. If everyone's cooled on this idea, then it doesn't need to happen at all, but I don't think anything was really settled upon.

If it's that weekend, I probably can't make it, but that's fine so long as it's convenient for other people. I don't have any new costumes finished, anyway.

Unread 01-27-2004, 02:02 PM   #2
dani
Boots were made 4 walking

I'm always eager to jump in front of a camera. The only problem is that by my schedule it's a lot easier to participate if it's done on a weekday. I understand that's opposite most people's schedules.
So count me in as a YES for a weekday, and as a MAYBE for a weekend.

seeyou

Dani
dani is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2004, 03:46 PM   #3
Minakolabelle
Toshiya's evil twin

I can't make it either now, oh well *shrugs*
Minakolabelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2004, 05:10 PM   #4
Scoti
Lv. 99

for some reason thought it was later in February and I don't remember anyone agreeing on a location so if I missed something please fill me in ^ ^;;
Unread 01-27-2004, 11:12 PM   #5
Infini
~

I think the earlier thread just died because no one could really settle on a date or location. I can make it any time as long as the weather is decent, so I was leaving the decision up to the people with schedules. I'm still interested, and all I need is some notice so that I can dig my car out of my snow pile.
Infini is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2004, 11:54 PM   #6
Saffi
Neko cosplayer

My only problem with a photoshoot is travel from Cambridge... I'd love to join in.. maybe get a few pics of a new cossy...

But again.. the whole hour long travel thing by car.. twice that by bus (which is what i have to take) is my issue...

other than that.. i'd be willing to join, weather permitting, if we could get specifics set up.

-saff
Unread 01-28-2004, 12:29 AM   #7
Infini
~

Saffi, I can give you a drive if you like. I live in the Galt area of Cambridge.
Unread 01-28-2004, 02:49 PM   #8
Scoti
Lv. 99

did anyone offer to organize this thing? I wouldn't mind helping if needed.
Personally I would wait till the end of February because it’s been way too cold for anything outside.
Unread 01-28-2004, 09:47 PM   #9
Infini
~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoti
did anyone offer to organize this thing? I wouldn't mind helping if needed.
Personally I would wait till the end of February because itís been way too cold for anything outside.
Feel free to organize the whole thing! No one else has offered yet. I think people were mostly just throwing ideas around, since a lot of schedules were conflicting, and a place/time couldn't be decided on.

The end of February sounds good to me, and gives costumeless people a bit of time to come up with something.

-Infini
Unread 01-29-2004, 01:42 AM   #10
Saffi
Neko cosplayer

O.o could there possibly be an indoor place to take pics? As far as right now, my current new costume that i want some more pics on, doesn't do well out in the cold.. as it only really half covers me.

urm.. yeah.. i might be able to get a costume that's warmer done if the meet is closer to the end of the month.. but if it's next weekend like the beginning of the thread said... then i'll need somewhere indoors *shivers* brrrrrrrr

*grin*

-saff
Unread 01-29-2004, 11:28 AM   #11
Mage
Kinsmen - Kael'thas

The problem with somewhere indoors is that we'd need a large enough place to take pictures, one that wouldn't kick us out for loitering there and somewhere public that we wouldn't have to rent.

It doesn't have to be next weekend...If everyone wants it to be at the end of the month, that works fine with me, since then it'll be my reading week and I'll actually be able to come home.

I don't want to organise this mostly because there's a good chance I won't be there...even Greyhound isn't cheap and I need to save up for the March conventions. =\
Unread 01-29-2004, 12:57 PM   #12
Chosuke
Le Chevalier

I woudl rather do it later to, as I have other cosplay plans for that weekend.

Cho's Wig Commissions - Click here for information, examples and a free quote!
Chosuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2004, 01:13 PM   #13
xiola
turquoise teaparty

yeah... 6-8 is my monthly weekend in waterloo for anime club. ^^;; but i don't know if i can go either way so don't worry about me for planning... i still need to get a job so if i end up working on the given weekend i'm probably not going to book it off since i need it... ^^;;
xiola is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2004, 04:35 PM   #14
Mage
Kinsmen - Kael'thas

I'll likely be in Mississauga the weekend of Feb. 13th, but I probably won't get into Toronto until midnight on the Friday and then I'll be leaving midday Sunday in order to get back to Ottawa for my morning classes on Monday. My reading week is the week after that (the 23rd to 27th) so any day (including weekdays) from the 21st to the 28th (inclusive) would be fine for me. Preferrably somewhere indoors or somewhere *sheltered* outdoors (like a quadrangle or something).

High Park was the most suggested place during the last thread, but I'm not sure there's much there *indoors* and one issue would be having somewhere to change into costume (I'm assuming most people wouldn't be travelling to the venue in costume, if given a choice). It's a nice place and I'd still like to take pictures there, but are there any suggestions for alternative places, especially indoor ones?
Unread 01-29-2004, 04:46 PM   #15
dani
Boots were made 4 walking

I live very close to High Park. This is definitely not the time to be shooting outdoors in that area. The only indoor open building I know of is the restaurant and I don't see it as very convenient for a shoot or for getting in costume. That area is best utilized in the sping, with all the lake and the beach across the road.

I'll keep thinking for indoor places...

Dani
dani is offline   Reply With Quote