Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Site Headquarters

Unread 05-27-2012, 09:57 PM   #31
cachalot
Blue Mage

I've got a question about the "last updated" portion of each costume page - it seems that the costumes are sorted by this date. However, no matter what I do to the costume, the last updated date never changes. I've been editing descriptions of all my costumes and uploading new photos and icons, but it doesn't seem to want to change the date. I'm wondering if this is a bug and will be fixed? It would be nice to see most recently updated costumes at the top of the costume page.

I understand that you guys are still working on getting everything in place and catching up, so I just wanted to bring this to your attention. Thanks for all the work on the site; it's looking great!

Photography: http://www.seventhmoon.org/photography
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/gerodere
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/gertysk
cachalot is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-28-2012, 01:45 PM   #32
RydiaValentine
Many talented Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viveeh View Post
I'm talking about this:

The older picture right here, for instance, is from a different gallery. We used to be able to go through all the photos in a gallery with this.
But if you go to the gallery of the character you can sort the newest and oldest image by simply choosing that option (a menu appears where it says "Sort: Most Views | Most Comments | Last Comment | Newest Image | Oldest Image"). This way it sorts the newest/oldest photo only from the costume you want to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viveeh View Post
Nope, I use Paint to crop my photos, too. You just have to make it a bit smaller first, then use the cut tool to carefully make it 200x200 pixels. You can see the measurements in the bottom thingy.

(Ya veo que eres de España también, hola. XD)
Hola xD. Ya me habia dado cuenta que cambiaste de pais ojojojo.

It's easier using other edition programs where you just introduce the numbers. In my case I'm so clumsy I'm unable to crop an image exactly 200x200 with paint xD.
RydiaValentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2012, 02:23 PM   #33
Blue Leader
The Gundam Fanatic

How are pictures ordered on the costume pages? And is there any way to set which images are displayed first?
They seem to be listed fairly randomly, but I don't know.

I ask because there are a few costumes where I've put up a number of pictures-- a lot of progress pictures and then, later, finished pictures-- but the costume pages don't show any of the finished pictures, just the in-progress pictures I put up much earlier; some over a year ago. Which isn't very useful to people viewing the costume.
For example, this costume is one I've finished, and have pictures up of, but all of the pictures displayed are from when parts of it were still being built (and a few from an event I attended). None of the pictures displayed are of the finished costume, which would be much better to have displayed instead.

So I was just wondering about this. It sure would be nice to be able to display chosen images first, or at least have the most recent images displayed first. There's not even a way to see the rest of the images on the costume page...

Something should really be done about this. The costume profiles are kind of useless when you can't even display an image of the finished costume...

Last edited by Blue Leader : 05-28-2012 at 02:28 PM.
Blue Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2012, 05:51 PM   #34
Victoria Wings

I have a suggestion/concern/comment similar to what Blue Leader posted.

It's basically this:
When I upload photos they may end up anywhere on my costume page (in the photos section of course, but still not in any consistent order), and that's a bit of a pet peeve of mine because I'd like for them to be in order of when I uploaded them. From the oldest being on the left, to the newest being on the right. Kind of like reading a book.

That being said I see that Blue Leader would like for his images to be so that the most recent are at the beginning? (opposite of my preference I suppose)

I read that there will be an option to rearrange costumes however you want? Will there ever be something like this for photos? I would greatly appreciate it. Because I never know what the placement of the photos will be when I upload them anymore. Sometimes they show up at the top/beginning and sometimes they show up at the bottom/end.

Call me crazy but I'm kind of picky about how my photos show up on my costume pages. /:>
Victoria Wings is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2012, 09:47 AM   #35
RydiaValentine
Many talented Lady

I'm still unable of uploading pictures, help! I don't know if I'm doing it wrong or if I need to use firefox, internet explorer or maybe is due the image size limit?
Unread 05-31-2012, 04:21 PM   #36
Devi 1313
Good girls gather

Quote:
Originally Posted by RydiaValentine View Post
I'm still unable of uploading pictures, help! I don't know if I'm doing it wrong or if I need to use firefox, internet explorer or maybe is due the image size limit?
My pictures seem to be hit or miss. Some will upload and others won't. Some won't upload no matter how many times I try, even though they're jpeg and aren't huge!

I'm also having troubles changing costume icons. I changed one for my Marceline costume and it shows up on the album admin page, but not on the costume page. I tried changing my profile picture with the same results.

Last edited by Devi 1313 : 05-31-2012 at 04:29 PM.
Devi 1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2012, 04:38 PM   #37
touchmon
Make All The Things!

I'm also having trouble putting up new pictures. It really is a hit or miss with me too. :/ I've even altered the size of the pictures to see if that helps but no dice. I'm using firefox.

Oh and where do people change their profile image? I can't figure out where it is to change it. >_>

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cure~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

touchmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2012, 04:42 PM   #38
seiryuux
Cosplay Chameleon

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchmon View Post
Oh and where do people change their profile image? I can't figure out where it is to change it. >_>
I think I just found another bug.

On the top right corner of your browser, highlight account: username and then select Profile Icon.

One problem: THIS IS NOT AVAILABLE WHEN LOOKING AT THE FORUMS.

Facebook
Fanfiction.net - Persona 3 Portable: Where No Persona Has Gone Before
seiryuux is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2012, 10:42 PM   #39
Ainsil
Om nom nom time!

I can't seem to upload photos at all. I tried in the past and it didn't work. I hoped the changes would fix the problem. I guess it didn't.

Anime North 2014:
Clear (Dramatical Murder), Nagisa Hazuki (Free!), Sawada Tsuna (KHR)
Ainsil is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2012, 07:11 AM   #40
RydiaValentine
Many talented Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devi 1313 View Post
My pictures seem to be hit or miss. Some will upload and others won't. Some won't upload no matter how many times I try, even though they're jpeg and aren't huge!

I'm also having troubles changing costume icons. I changed one for my Marceline costume and it shows up on the album admin page, but not on the costume page. I tried changing my profile picture with the same results.
I uploaded another photo and now I realize it's the image size. The other photo were three photos in a row showing the process, so maybe it was too wide to show up.
Unread 06-02-2012, 10:04 PM   #41
PuyoDa
killer of tofu

Is the gallery view we had before gone? I know that I can get to a gallery by clicking on a photo, then the gallery link, then see the gallery list on the right side, but it's very inconvenient =/ It'd be nice if the gallery list was next to the All Photos view too.

(I do like the new look of the photo pages though )

Last edited by PuyoDa : 06-02-2012 at 11:40 PM.
PuyoDa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2012, 04:01 PM   #42
mahoukiyoraka

I keep trying to upload photos and it just keeps returning to the upload page after I press submit and let them load...
mahoukiyoraka is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2012, 06:42 PM   #43
Ainsil
Om nom nom time!

I've tried re-sizing my photos and it doesn't seem to be working at all. I'm wondering if I should make a new profile and try it from them.

Anime North 2014:
Clear (Dramatical Murder), Nagisa Hazuki (Free!), Sawada Tsuna (KHR)
Ainsil is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2012, 10:46 AM   #44
Eurobeat King
Justified Photographer

I haven't been able to post a single picture in the last couple of weeks. My pictures are within the file-size limit, but every time I get this error:

Quote:
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 2113 bytes) in /home/cosplay/public_html/user_photos.php on line 718
I've tried to ask admin to fix this problem but he's never addressed it or attempted to resolve it. Nor has he ever tried to fix the problem with my forum avatar picture which has been broken for a while now.

And people wonder why I stopped taking pictures for cosplay.com.
"This is your job. You want a clear conscience, go start a charity. But if you want your own photography business, and your cosplayer boss says you gotta go out there and take a photo-shoot, go out there, take it, come back to work, and say "DO YOU NEED ME TO DO IT AGAIN?!!"
Eurobeat King is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2012, 06:30 PM   #45
Hee-Hee
+Twinzik+

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuyoDa View Post
Is the gallery view we had before gone? I know that I can get to a gallery by clicking on a photo, then the gallery link, then see the gallery list on the right side, but it's very inconvenient =/ It'd be nice if the gallery list was next to the All Photos view too.

(I do like the new look of the photo pages though )
This this this.

I work hard to be super organized in my albums, but it's so difficult to GET to albums now. And the images you see when clicking another aren't from the same album, they're just in order that they've been uploaded. This makes all the trouble of organizing things pointless, because most users aren't going to want to go through the trouble of clicking over and over to get to your different galleries. Just a Photo Albums link on the main profiles page would be a big help! I'd hate to try and look at one particular costume by browsing through pages and pages on All Photos!

Next Con: Anime Matsuri!

Simon Petrikov - Adventure Time
Jack Frost - Rise of the Guardians
Sandman - Rise of the Guardians

Crunchyroll Cosplay Ambassador
Check out Crunchyroll HERE

Hee-Hee is offline   Reply With Quote