Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Wigs and Hair

Unread 09-27-2012, 03:56 AM   #1
IMoonDancer
The Queen of Makeshift

Dark Grey Wig Help

First things first I'm doing a cosplay of Octavia from MLP. I'm doing a completely human version and mostly want it to come out like this picture.

So I have two problems first is finding the colour. Her mane is dark grey. All the places I know to look reliably for wigs online only carry light greys. (epiccosplay, arda, cosworx) Not to mention they all have pre cut bangs, usually chin length but that huge poof bang looks like it needs a ton of length.
Should I just go with black? Octavia's mane is nearly black and all the places I've looked the colour is too light, and well ebay is just sketchy.

Second is that huge bang. Once I do get a wig how do I make that bang? I'm figuring back combing it and using a mix of hairspray and clear caulking to hold the shape then bringing a layer of not backcombed fibers over top to make it smooth looking. Any other suggestions?

Last edited by IMoonDancer : 09-27-2012 at 04:11 AM.
IMoonDancer is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-27-2012, 01:46 PM   #2
AshofRebirth

It would be better to post a picture of the pony, or even a colored human picture.. Because you can't tell much from a black and white drawing..

I can't help with the bangs, but it looks like for color, you're either going to have to settle with black, or get the closest dark grey you can find and dye it darker. There might be some wigs on ebay, but I never search there >.<

I support Loose Cannons Props! And you should too!
AshofRebirth is offline   Reply With Quote