Go Back   Cosplay.com > Fashion > EGL

Unread 07-09-2012, 08:11 PM   #1
nekogirl27

Smile Boyish fashion/lolita prince

Hello Everyone!

Okay so I am very very interested in the boyish lolita style prince fashion. I understand it's not all that common like the EGL fashion and the Sweet lolita fashion that is very popular in and outside of japan. I am trying to look for clothing of this type (not so expensive) for an upcoming event and I just think it's gorgeous and so playful, but I am struggling to find descent clothing! Almost everything I have stumbled upon is either a) very expensive b) too visual kei-ish c) cheap looking fabric. Any suggestions where I can find something lolita prince-like?

Thanks!
nekogirl27 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-10-2012, 10:00 AM   #2
Painapurru
Tries to be Helpful

Are you referring to more of an aristocratic kodona style (also known as dandy)? Most lolita brands and many online shops sell the pants that are used for this. A lot of making it look less like visual kei is going to be how you coordinate it and which colors you pick to begin with, more browns or blues rather than blacks maybe. Make sure to invest in a good pair of the pants (you may have to pay some serious money for these). These pants are cheaper or you could go the more expensive/quality route with something from Innocent World or another brand or taobao shop. Coordinate the pants with a less frilly lolita blouse, a vest or coat, maybe a jobot or some sort of tie, socks, more masculine shoes, and a top hat. The most important part of this is going to be keeping it classy! Good luck!
Painapurru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2012, 11:04 AM   #3
Meiki

Dandy and kodona are two different things under the umbrella of "boystyle" for the record. Dandy is a bit more adult, typically with longer pants and top hats, where as kodona is a bit more boyish with short pants and newsboy hats or mini hats.

That being said, Fan Plus Friend stocks quite a bit of boystyle stuff, as do a few Taobao shops, R-Series comes to mind.
Unread 07-10-2012, 01:57 PM   #4
Painapurru
Tries to be Helpful

@Meiki
My bad, the two seem to get tossed around a lot interchangeably without having very defined lines between them. While I'm not a lolita I do enjoy the fashion.
Painapurru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2012, 08:20 PM   #5
nekogirl27

:/ unfortunately.... the sizes available are like barely fitting to me or they just don't fit at all.... the innocent world clothing is so beautiful! what do japanese women, for the most part, have little to no body fat/curvature? D:
nekogirl27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2012, 08:27 PM   #6
Meiki

Fan Plus Friend and a lot of Taobao stores have custom sizing. But yes, brand is made for a Japanese side medium most of the time, and Japanese women tend to be small, flat, and thin.