Go Back   Cosplay.com > Canada Convention Forums > Canada Cosplay

Closed Thread
Unread 05-31-2012, 11:22 AM   #31
griffstar
Fan girls are scary...

I got my ticket at AN and I can't wait for Con-G! I think that I will finish my digimon cosplay and enter my first ever masquerade.

Unread 05-31-2012, 10:19 PM   #32
ChiisaiYume
*3*

Dammit, I totally forgot to pick up a ticket for Con-G at AN. FFFFFF =(

Past Events:
Anime North: Sat - Sakura (TRC); Sun - Kyouko (PMMM)
June Toronto Cosplay Picnic: Shiki (TWEWY)
ConBravo: Sat - Concept art (Magna Carta); Sun - secret <3

Upcoming Events:
Otakuthon: Fri - Yuki (Haruhi); Sat - Chise (Saikano); Sun - Concept art (Magna Carta)

Visit me at Deviantart
Follow me on facebook
Unread 06-01-2012, 09:46 AM   #33
SuperBee
Jill of all trades

Do you think it is possible to set up mini photoshoots at Con-G? Mind you I don;t know the venue, and if we have a warmer winter (very possible) we could go outside? Just an idea to toss around.

Giant Diglett will return!

Possible Future Cosplays:
-Zapdos Original design (humanoid)
-Unown Original design (humanoid)
-Giant Gastly
-Marika Kato - Pirate Captain
Unread 06-01-2012, 09:55 AM   #34
Dart:Dense Boy
Horses+Cosplay=Poor

Awww you guys <3 It means a lot to us to hear such good stuff and our small staff do work very hard (Our current moto is "we hate sleep" :P)

I definitely would say that a separate con-g section would be amazing ^.^

We will be selling the super amazing tickets again at ConBravo! in July, so you haven't completely missed out yet

In regards to the Delta - we are very excited - while we don't gain a lot of rooms, we gain more space in each room and hallways - soo much space to sit down too We will miss the holiday inn as they were very good to us but the crowding issue would have not been good for 2013. (there may be a block of con-g rooms there as well)

And a friday too - I know I'm excited because we had to turn down so many great panels and programming because we didn't have room for them.

In terms of growing so much that we take over the best western - can't say but it would depend on if its still standing in a couple of years as it's slated to be demolished for student housing.

Oh and now we're right beside Coras and the tasty chinese food place, and Shakespearean arms (great pub food) so lots of choices

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBee View Post
Do you think it is possible to set up mini photoshoots at Con-G? Mind you I don;t know the venue, and if we have a warmer winter (very possible) we could go outside? Just an idea to toss around.
If you want to organize some photoshoots I'm all ears - we could try putting in the program like AN did with a map. I for one love photoshoots because you get to meet new people who like what you like. And we do have soo many lovely cosplayers - I can think of a number of spots that would work - mostly outdoors but some inside too.

*Never judge anyone until you've walked a mile in their cosplay shoes :P* Those things are painful!

Last edited by Angathol : 06-09-2012 at 01:13 AM. Reason: merging posts
Unread 06-01-2012, 10:03 AM   #35
SuperBee
Jill of all trades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dart:Dense Boy View Post
Oh and now we're right beside Coras
Say no more... Con-G is officially the BEST CON EVER!!!!!

Quote:
If you want to organize some photoshoots I'm all ears - we could try putting in the program like AN did with a map. I for one love photoshoots because you get to meet new people who like what you like. And we do have soo many lovely cosplayers - I can think of a number of spots that would work - mostly outdoors but some inside too.
I volunteer to assist in that! I think it would be a good idea especially since I was talking to a bunch of people last year about how we should have all of said cosplay here for a picture etc. Outdoors wouldn't be so bad if it's sheltered and such. I didn't die from the cold this year unless I was out in the open where the wind was at. But again I don't know the venue.

Giant Diglett will return!

Possible Future Cosplays:
-Zapdos Original design (humanoid)
-Unown Original design (humanoid)
-Giant Gastly
-Marika Kato - Pirate Captain
Unread 06-01-2012, 05:53 PM   #36
HylianKnight
Wandering Adventurer~

Bought my ticket at AN, so excited~ This con is still my favorite!

Already have costumes planned too, for any crazy weather, hehehe. XD

Upcoming...
Leonardo (TMNT)
Feudal Link (Legend of Zelda)
Abel Nightroad (Trinity Blood)
Unread 06-04-2012, 11:11 AM   #37
Ani_BEE
Black Magic Woman

Ray's Chinese http://www.raysrestaurant.ca/

I pick up my half don Allen Walker cosplay as I was going to sell it ... Then decided to finish it because it was so well done already. I cursed myself for not finishing it! haha

FanEXPO
Wearing random Arda Wigs.
Madeline Hatter ~ Ever After High (Sat)

Unplugged Expo
Madeline Hatter ~ Ever After High (Sat)

Future cosplays/cons:
Anime North, (maybe) Otakuthon, FanEXPO '15
Nehelenia
Allen Crown Clown
Sakizo Anniversary
Steampunk - Bride

For Sale
cosplay items for sale.
Arda & Shop.cosplay wig fiber swatch comparisons & Cosplay props tutorials and Makeup revies!

Win a Ticket to FanExpo!
Unread 06-08-2012, 06:14 AM   #38
KittyCanuck
Ph.D. in Horribleness

D'awwww, thanks for all the Con-G love, everyone! It makes us staff feel all warm and fuzzy!

It would be super-duper amazing if Con-G could get our own forum section here on Cosplay.com! Is there anything we as the convention staff should do (eg put in a formal request to Admin), or do we just wait and see if our lovely mod Angathol can talk Admin into it?

<---- I'm the dinosaur, not the dude.
Unread 06-08-2012, 07:26 AM   #39
DireKitty
Captain Kittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBee View Post
Say no more... Con-G is officially the BEST CON EVER!!!!!

I volunteer to assist in that! I think it would be a good idea especially since I was talking to a bunch of people last year about how we should have all of said cosplay here for a picture etc. Outdoors wouldn't be so bad if it's sheltered and such. I didn't die from the cold this year unless I was out in the open where the wind was at. But again I don't know the venue.
Yeah the issue is you can't trust an outdoor location when it can end up super cold outside. That being said the hotel itself does have a bunch of nice spots... i can't think of anything thats terribly large off the top of my head though.

Does the hotel provide a floor layout plan?

Quote:
In terms of growing so much that we take over the best western - can't say but it would depend on if its still standing in a couple of years as it's slated to be demolished for student housing.

Oh and now we're right beside Coras and the tasty chinese food place, and Shakespearean arms (great pub food) so lots of choices
Yeah, its a shame too because the moment you guys mentioned the Delta i was all thinking you could use the western too - i think they have a good number of rooms for stuff - but i'm sure they'll be tearing it down in no time.

Edit: I would ask the moderators about generating a new forum for it... i mean they have Ai-Kon there which is always dead (or has a hello? post). They need to do something about the AC-Cubed one and rename the NAF one and Anime Evolution doesn't exist anymore

Anime North Reddit Community

Last edited by Angathol : 06-09-2012 at 01:13 AM. Reason: merging posts
Unread 06-09-2012, 01:15 AM   #40
Angathol
harmony harmony
Canada Forums Moderator

Re: a Con-G forum - I PMed Admin after SuperBee messaged me. Got a reply today since he was on a trip abroad for a while. Within a week or two, there should be an update that will allow for more specific forums for current conventions/events. I'll keep you guys posted.

I knew there were dead conventions forums on here for ages (and even conventions that are still running have some dead ones... e.g. Ai-Kon) so this should sort things out.
Angathol is evolving!
Congratulations! Your Angathol evolved into Independent Badass!
Future Costumes: Deedlit : Record of Lodoss War | Saber : Fate/Stay Night | Aya Shameimaru : Touhou Project | Nozomu Itoshiki : Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei
Unread 06-09-2012, 07:53 AM   #41
DireKitty
Captain Kittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angathol View Post
Re: a Con-G forum - I PMed Admin after SuperBee messaged me. Got a reply today since he was on a trip abroad for a while. Within a week or two, there should be an update that will allow for more specific forums for current conventions/events. I'll keep you guys posted.

I knew there were dead conventions forums on here for ages (and even conventions that are still running have some dead ones... e.g. Ai-Kon) so this should sort things out.
Yay!

Anime North Reddit Community
Unread 06-09-2012, 08:35 AM   #42
KittyCanuck
Ph.D. in Horribleness

Yay! Thank you, Angathol! It'll be nice to have the Canadian forums cleaned up a bit!

*crosses fingers for a Con-G forum*

<---- I'm the dinosaur, not the dude.
Unread 06-19-2012, 04:54 PM   #43
Liliana
Palamecia's Hyper Emperor

That will be very exciting if Con-G gets its own forum! I'll keep my fingers crossed too...

By the way, I was wondering when those of us who bought Con-G tickets at Anime North will get the email notification about it soon?
Unread 06-19-2012, 05:59 PM   #44
Lightning Baron
School of Puzzle Fighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liliana View Post
That will be very exciting if Con-G gets its own forum! I'll keep my fingers crossed too...

By the way, I was wondering when those of us who bought Con-G tickets at Anime North will get the email notification about it soon?
Yeah I was wondering the samething?

http://lightning--baron.deviantart.com/
Unread 06-22-2012, 03:25 PM   #45
Dart:Dense Boy
Horses+Cosplay=Poor

Hey Guys,

I think the emails got sent out today ^.^

Sorry we had some technical issues.

And yeah Con-G Forum Section!!!!

Also we'll be at Faerie Fest this weekend doing some crafts and face painting if anyone is in Guelph and wants to pop by

*Never judge anyone until you've walked a mile in their cosplay shoes :P* Those things are painful!
Closed Thread