Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Site Headquarters

Unread 05-16-2012, 04:04 PM   #1
NigelIII

Our Forum posts...

SO their is like NO way to keep track of our forums or i am just not seeing it, the "My forum posts" or whatever it was, I don't wanna hunt for my post or my topic....just saying
Natalia_Tales of the Abyss: Done
NigelIII is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-16-2012, 08:12 PM   #2
Ion
Lyrical gangster

You should be able to see your posts by finding any post you made [even the one here], clicking on your name above the avatar, and using the drop-down menu to select "Find more posts by ..." If that option or menu is missing, you may want to contact Admin to let him know.

CURRENT PROJECTS
Lind - Ah My Goddess | Elsa - Frozen (rework costume) | Tiki - Dragon's Crown | Toothiana - Rise of the Guardians | Legolas - Lord of the Rings
Ion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2012, 08:13 PM   #3
Ion
Lyrical gangster

Double post because LOL internal server errors when I type anything more:

You can also get to your posts from your profile using the similarly titled link [unless you opted not to show forum posts on your profile in settings]. The option should be a radio button Y/N that says Show "Forum Posts" Link on Profile?.

CURRENT PROJECTS
Lind - Ah My Goddess | Elsa - Frozen (rework costume) | Tiki - Dragon's Crown | Toothiana - Rise of the Guardians | Legolas - Lord of the Rings
Ion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2012, 08:36 PM   #4
Starlit Rose
Breaking out of my cage

Just adding a couple of things, for some reason the drop down doesn't appear in Google Chrome (didn't before the website overhaul, either), so I don't know if OP is using Google Chrome, but if s/he is, that won't work. Also, I have my setting enabled for the "Show Forum Posts Link on Profile" but I do not see anything yet. (Unless I am blind, which is totally possible.) I'm thinking the profiles just aren't finished yet?
Levi - Attack on Titan/Shingeki no Kyojin - 100%
3DM Gear - Attack on Titan/Shingeki no Kyojin - 90% (needs repairs)
Lux (classic skin) - League of Legends - 10%

Facebook || Tumblr
Starlit Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2012, 05:46 AM   #5
Pezzidge
Pidge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ion View Post
Double post because LOL internal server errors when I type anything more:

You can also get to your posts from your profile using the similarly titled link [unless you opted not to show forum posts on your profile in settings]. The option should be a radio button Y/N that says Show "Forum Posts" Link on Profile?.
Well, yes, that is how one usually finds it, but those options do not seem to be available (yet?) since the update.
Fili - The Hobbit
Pippin - Return of the King
Tonks - Deathly Hallows
Ariel - Celebrate Dreams Come True
Jasmine - Disney Apocalypse

Pezzidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2012, 07:39 AM   #6
Admin
Administrator
Not Jackie Chan

If you mean the link on the profiles that leads to all forum posts, that's on today's project list.
Admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2012, 09:19 PM   #7
soren7550
Overly proud New Yorker

Well, this is all dumb. The site update has taken away so many things that made the site nice and easy to use and navigate. Now it's needless complicated and broken!
"A philosopher will ask that if a tree were to fall in a forest, and no one is around to hear it, would it still make a sound. A smart person would ask why the presence of a person determines whether or not a tree makes a sound as it falls." - Soren Alenko

Cosplays for NYCC 2012!:
Commander Shepard (N7 Hoodie) - 95% Completed
Dovahkinn (Novice Robes) - 95% Completed
Ethan/Gold (HeartGold/SoulSilver) - 85% Completed
soren7550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2012, 10:56 AM   #8
RydiaValentine
Many talented Lady

Weird, I think the site is easier to use and better now o.O And I think it is precisely due to simplifying it. Besides, I'm not sure if the updates are finished already
RydiaValentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2012, 11:50 AM   #9
Foques

I really wish there was a way to turn the new "upgraded" interface off.. I am with the OP, the forum interface is uncomfortable.
Unread 05-26-2012, 12:32 AM   #10
Mangochutney
saucy condiment

We need a way to access our recent posts without the gratuitous extra steps of searching for ourselves on the forum.

Also missing, and greatly missed, is the ability to easily access our own gallery or our own photos, all in one place, again without needing to search for ourselves. Album administration is not the same thing and is not a suitable substitute for the functionality it replaces.

When one does access the photos via the forum-avatar menu, the titles of these photos are not visible and neither is the character listed as the one in the photo. Nor are the number of views or comments the photo has received. This is also a loss of functionality. How can this information be returned to easy visibility?
Bondage Finch [Bondage Finch Adventures] (12%)
Melisandre, the Red Woman [Game of Thrones] (43%)

Last edited by Mangochutney : 05-26-2012 at 12:37 AM.
Mangochutney is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2012, 04:10 AM   #11
RydiaValentine
Many talented Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangochutney View Post
We need a way to access our recent posts without the gratuitous extra steps of searching for ourselves on the forum.

Also missing, and greatly missed, is the ability to easily access our own gallery or our own photos, all in one place, again without needing to search for ourselves. Album administration is not the same thing and is not a suitable substitute for the functionality it replaces.
Clicking on your name above your avatar forum should let you find your own posts. Unless it's broken. You won't see this option if you have Google Chrome (don't know why).

Clicking on your name in the up right corner of the website (where it says "Account: yourname") and then click on your photo to go to your profile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangochutney View Post
When one does access the photos via the forum-avatar menu, the titles of these photos are not visible and neither is the character listed as the one in the photo. Nor are the number of views or comments the photo has received. This is also a loss of functionality. How can this information be returned to easy visibility?
You don't need the forum avatar menu to access to your profile, just click on the up right corner of the site where it says "Account: Yourname" and clicking in the photo will link to your profile.

That's weird, I can see the names of my characters, variations, title of the source, visits, comments, etc. at the right side of my costumes and photos:

If all of this doesn't show then you need to fill the information for your costumes and watch what you did with the forum and comment options in your account options/edit profile section.

Last edited by RydiaValentine : 05-26-2012 at 04:36 AM.
RydiaValentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2012, 09:45 AM   #12
catfetus

Sorry for posting in a slightly old thread. So we have to make a post to find the rest of our own posts? (this is also why I'm posting )

I'll try looking for the option to show it on my profile and turning that on though.
catfetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2012, 09:55 AM   #13
Mangochutney
saucy condiment

Thanks Rydia, but not quite what I meant.

Earlier layouts allowed us to access our posts via a link in our profile: the same access now requires finding a post we've already made in order to access the dropdown menu underneath our avatar. Those extra steps are unnecessary. For a new user or an intermittent one, the minor hassle of finding a post will be more considerable. For starters, they'll have to notice then figure out the difference between the "Search" option in the header bar and the much smaller forum-only "Search" option.

Also, the photo page accessible by clicking the "Photos" link in the profile sidebar displays much less information. Clicking on a specific photo will allow you to see its views and comments, but that information is no longer available at a glance, or for multiple photos at one time. The same extra step is required to find out the character or photo title.

I'm aware there are still ways to access these things, but the change has not been toward easier use or better access to information. I would most especially like to see the trivially easy access to our posting history return.
Unread 05-26-2012, 10:00 AM   #14
sam vimes
A real live wire

Ah, the beauty of not having a gallery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
SV is the most awesome man I know that I'm not married to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullbleed View Post
If this weren't tje internet id hug all of you guys right now.
Especishillly you sam.
Like a woodpecker with a headache...
sam vimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2012, 10:23 AM   #15
Mangochutney
saucy condiment

I'm delighted the album/gallery/costume craptorte is gone. I miss the sprinkles, though.