Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 05-22-2012, 09:27 PM   #31
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kildread View Post
I would.

You don't get an hotel room with roomies if you plan to do the nasty in it. Step out for a moment? "Fuck you! Err, I know that's what you plan --- but I mean it in the hostile/insulting way."

Unless they're all in on it, but it's best to ask first.

EDIT: I'm assuming the people who think they're being coy about going to hotel rooms for intimacy with their other halves do so because they got the room entirely for themselves.
Yyyup. That's why my boyfriend and I don't get roommates for the con even if it is a cost-saver. We already live 4-500 km apart. So we need our time together and it wouldn't exactly get to happen with two other people in a hotel room.

...also, should I dig up the kijiji postings I found advertising open nights of group sex in their rooms? Yah. I found a few...
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is online now   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-22-2012, 09:51 PM   #32
Kildread
I can fix it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinobiXikyu View Post
...also, should I dig up the kijiji postings I found advertising open nights of group sex in their rooms? Yah. I found a few...
There was an hilarious one for PAX that Penny-Arcade reposted, it was initially about "Adult times in hotel room, both genders welcome" --- then had an edit about there being too many guys signed up for it
Kildread is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2012, 10:05 PM   #33
Lt.Finn
Cupcake Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinoycosplay View Post
The new version of "I lost the game"?
Do people still play that?
Quote:
I would.

You don't get an hotel room with roomies if you plan to do the nasty in it. Step out for a moment? "Fuck you! Err, I know that's what you plan --- but I mean it in the hostile/insulting way.
I meant I wouldn't mind being asked rather than being surprised.
"Hey, I haven't seen my boyfriend in a while, do you mind going somewhere for a bit so we can shag?" is still rude, but preferable to waking up to, "OH GOD, HARDER. OH MY A**. F**K, RIGHT THERE. OH MY GAAAAAWD." Highlight it if you really need to know. I certainly didn't.
Quote:
Originally Posted by penny_dreadful View Post
Yeah, we usually do not have roommates, but that's an important bit of etiquette: NEVER ASSUME YOUR ROOMMATES WILL NOT WAKE UP AND NOT BE TOO TERRIFIED TO GO BACK TO SLEEP.
If anybody assumes anything while staying with friends, it should be that they're sitting over your bed watching you while you sleep.
Lt.Finn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2012, 10:13 PM   #34
Volnixshin
Tesla Powered

These days, since I work at cons, I tend to battle plan with my co workers on our next panels and such. Sometimes when the GF and I are alone we shag on the floor, shower, and bed, but only when we have our own personal bed/room.

Czech jvorxelf, bephor yue rek jvorxelf
Volnixshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2012, 10:17 PM   #35
Kildread
I can fix it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt.Finn View Post
I meant I wouldn't mind being asked rather than being surprised.
"Hey, I haven't seen my boyfriend in a while, do you mind going somewhere for a bit so we can shag?" is still rude, but preferable to waking up to, "OH GOD, HARDER. OH MY A**. F**K, RIGHT THERE. OH MY GAAAAAWD." Highlight it if you really need to know. I certainly didn't.
You missed a perfectly valid reason to turn the lights on, sit on the side of your bed and make snarky commentary about their technique.

Doing so tends to make light of what they were doing in what context, the thrill of being lewd with someone else so close to them quickly vanishes when that very person takes an active part in putting them down
Kildread is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2012, 10:19 PM   #36
Volnixshin
Tesla Powered

Quote:
You missed a perfectly valid reason to turn the lights on, sit on the side of your bed and make snarky commentary about their technique.

Doing so tends to make light of what they were doing in what context, the thrill of being lewd with someone else so close to them quickly vanishes when that very person takes an active part in putting them down
I enjoy doing so in a racehorse commentary voice

Unread 05-22-2012, 10:21 PM   #37
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Hey guys! What's going on in this thread? Oh......
Bye!

The Hag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2012, 10:44 PM   #38
Lt.Finn
Cupcake Lord

Quote:

You are fantastic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
Hey guys! What's going on in this thread? Oh......
Bye!

I know it's entirely my fault... BUT WAIT, COME BACK!

In other news, I don't think anybody mentioned having obnoxiously expensive room service food. Takeaway is also awesome and SO much cheaper and when else do you get to picnic on a bed?
Unread 05-22-2012, 10:52 PM   #39
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Uhhh, I eat on my bed for all my meals. Table's in no shape to use as a table and neither is the living room furniture. So I do virtually everything on my bed.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2012, 11:17 PM   #40
Volnixshin
Tesla Powered

I assume most of you know this

I turn polar bears white
and I will make you cry.
I make guys have to pee
and girls comb their hair.
I make celebrities look stupid
and normal people look like celebrities.
I turn pancakes brown
and make your champane bubble.
If you sqeeze me, I'll pop.
If you look at me, you'll pop.
Can you guess the riddle?

Unread 05-23-2012, 08:36 AM   #41
MoradoFlower
Stephanie-Lynn

Quote:
Note to anybody ever in the history of anything... please don't have sex in the room when you think your friends are sleeping. They are always awake and they will HATE YOU FOR IT.

I wouldn't mind being asked to step out for an hour or two, it's quite understandable. Being woken up by angry sex noises and smells however, is not. Traumatized forever.
LOL! EW! Oh my gosh I'd never, ever, ever, ever, ever do that! That's just disrespectful..

...when I had roomies in college I would even ask a day in advance or say "can I have the room for an hour during this time?" -- I would also add that I understand if they need the room and please be straightforward if that time didn't work.

However, I have had people just go at it and decide they didn't think I'd hear, so I just started saying LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. And they stopped. And I went back to sleep.

OTHER THINGS DO TO AT HOTELS TO PASS THE TIME: DRAW FUNNY DOODLES AND TRADE THEM WITH YOUR FRIENDS. I duno.

*Mallow (Mario RPG)
*Sylveon (Pokemon; Gijinka)

Last edited by MoradoFlower : 05-23-2012 at 08:40 AM.
MoradoFlower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2012, 12:50 PM   #42
Kagomekai

Well my boyfriend and I have our suite to our selves, but I am pretty sure last time I went to a con my friends were doing it in the bedroom of the suite the three of us shared while I was on the couch in the other room.
Gajinka Gatomon (humanoid)
Ymir from SNK
Kagomekai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2012, 11:34 PM   #43
ChocoboxDreamer
Master Derper

Quote:
Note to anybody ever in the history of anything... please don't have sex in the room when you think your friends are sleeping. They are always awake and they will HATE YOU FOR IT.

I wouldn't mind being asked to step out for an hour or two, it's quite understandable. Being woken up by angry sex noises and smells however, is not. Traumatized forever.
...Who would want to have sex while there's other people in the room?

I mean, whatever floats your boat, but seriously... I wouldn't do it.
Tutankhamun - Eiyuu Senki (0% complete)

The Untold Stories of a Dreamer
Ethereal Whisper Photography
ChocoboxDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2012, 11:47 PM   #44
Lt.Finn
Cupcake Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volnixshin View Post
I assume most of you know this

I turn polar bears white
and I will make you cry.
I make guys have to pee
and girls comb their hair.
I make celebrities look stupid
and normal people look like celebrities.
I turn pancakes brown
and make your champane bubble.
If you sqeeze me, I'll pop.
If you look at me, you'll pop.
Can you guess the riddle?
This.
Unread 05-24-2012, 12:45 AM   #45
LordMoufMouf
From another era....

I don't spend a whole lot of time in the hotel room... In the evenings I enjoy taking baths, especially if the bathtub is nice. Then I drift off to sleep. But, not in the bathtub! In the bed...

http://stagsleap.deviantart.com
"Polite Frivolity" - Art, Life, Horses, and Ballet Blog

AOD~SF Cherry Blossom Festival~Gaskell Ball~Fanime~Clockwork Alchemy~Nova Albion~Handcar Regatta~Vintage Invasion

Princess Tutu~Sebastian Michaelis~Steampunk~NeoVictorian~Historical

LordMoufMouf is offline   Reply With Quote