Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Other Reviews

Unread 07-13-2015, 03:59 PM   #1
Princess Pan
Princess Pan

Endor Helmet (thecostumebase) good or bad?

So I am making a Princess Leia cosplay for GenCon. I was wondering if anyone had experience with buying anything from thecostumebase.com

I found this helmet and am thinking of just buying it:
http://www.thecostumebase.com/endor-...s-accessories/

GenCon is in 15 days so I don't have a lot of time to really make my own and commissioning one could cost a small fortune. So, I was wondering if anyone had used this before or bought from these guys. I know I'll have to probably pay for expedited shipping too, so I'm just trying to get a handle on the quality of the product before I buy it. Because it's still pretty pricey.

I'd also like to add that I'm not shooting for screen accuracy on this one, so it's okay if it isn't 100% spot on.
Princess Pan is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-16-2015, 10:47 PM   #2
Hakaider
Sith Happens..

I believe that Costumebase is based in Singapore, and not in the USA.

From what I've heard from the Star Wars cosplayers, it's a 50-50 thing with Costumebase. Their products aren't the worse, but they aren't the best either.

You could try to order here from E-Bay in the link below, and order expedited shipping. (It won't be cheap for expedited shipping.) I'm not sure if it will make it to the USA in time, because 15 days may not be enough time for international shipping from Singapore, and sometimes customs would hold it up. (Try to pay through Paypal, so you if they don't send you the product, you could dispute it within the normal time limit that is set by PayPal.)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ENDOR-HELMET...em2 0c47bd913

The company in the link is from Singapore.

I would also suggest contacting the Rebel Legion, and your local Rebel Legion Garrison or Outpost in your area. They should be able to point you to the right direction.

http://www.rebellegion.com/

Perhaps if time has ran out, you could consider going without the helmet? Princess Leia went helmet less for some time in "The Return of the Jedi".

Good luck, and May the Force be with you!

Last edited by Hakaider : 07-16-2015 at 10:51 PM.
Hakaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2015, 11:28 PM   #3
Delve

Sith happens...!

Agreed, 15 days is not enough turn around time plus free shipping always means slow shipping.

Anime California 2016:
Artist Table: Delve
DMMD
Death Parade
Tokyo Mew Mew

Anime Los Angeles 2017:
Assassination Classroom
Touken Ranbou
Gundam
RE:Zero

CLCG: Online California Local Cosplay Group
Delverite
Delve is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2015, 09:57 PM   #4
Princess Pan
Princess Pan

Yeah. I agree with you guys, helmetless may be best for now. I think the expedited shipping might have gotten here in time but it would still need some touching up and then there's the risk that it doesn't fit right or something. Plus expedited shipping was $35 or $40 and I checked ebay, amazon, and costumebase. So I think I'll go without the helmet. I can take time after Gen Con to make my own. If anyone asks about the helmet, I'll just say Wicket took it :P

Thanks for the replies guys
Princess Pan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2015, 12:14 PM   #5
wikineon

a gundam looking motorcycle masei helmet... gundam acguy... a good try and design.
wikineon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2016, 01:18 PM   #6
AlfredtheButler

I know it's way after your event but in case people are looking for reviews of them I know quite a few people who have used them.

Everything I've seen from Costume Base has been highly modified by the person who bought it. So as a base it seems their alright but if you're looking for perfection you might be signing up to do some work yourself.
AlfredtheButler is offline   Reply With Quote