Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Seeking Cosplayers

Unread 04-08-2016, 08:32 AM   #1
JLS Comics

YouTube Cosplay Roundtable

Hello!!

My name is Jesse and I have a YouTube channel called 'JLS Comics'. On my channel I talk about and celebrate all things comic book and geek related from comic books and graphic novels to movies to video games and comic book conventions! My aim is celebrate and educate others in the hobby and our culture.

I have a series of "How To" videos that I do aimed at educating new collectors and giving fresh ideas to more tenured ones as well. This month, April 2016, my theme is Comic Conventions. A large part of that is, of course cosplay.

On my show on April 24th, I am going to do a special live broadcast for approximately 1 hour. I am gathering a well-rounded group of cosplayers to do a round-table style discussion on cosplay from concept to creation to convention. It will be a relaxed, free flow type discussion but will also include some talking points which I plan to send out early so the folks participating can prepare their answers. It is a one- time thing however depending on its popularity I may do an on-going series.

I have seen many threads here about how to make costumes, things that happen at conventions, how you'd like people to act around you at conventions, how to network and many other things! I think the live discussion will be great for the panel but also give a great resource to others seeking similar answers.

Are you interested? Would you like to be a part of the panel? You can comment here, on my YouTube Channel: JLS Comics or even on Facebook as JLS Comics!

Are you unable to join but have good ideas for a show like this? Feel free to send them my way, I am open to any and all ideas and suggestions!

Thanks all!
Jesse
JLS Comics
JLS Comics is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-09-2016, 01:29 AM   #2
styleday

I am new on cosplay too. I could not join in the convetions.

Hope you would be well in the coming days.
styleday is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2016, 03:28 AM   #3
FantasyIA

Hi, this sounds really fun and I am interested! Would it be like a Skype call kind of thing?
FantasyIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2016, 07:48 AM   #4
JLS Comics

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasyIA View Post
Hi, this sounds really fun and I am interested! Would it be like a Skype call kind of thing?
Good morning!
It should be lots of fun We are actually going to use Google Hangouts for this but it is in fact the same concept as Skype. I just find it easier to connect with YouTube to use GH.
Unread 04-11-2016, 10:00 AM   #5
FantasyIA

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLS Comics View Post
Good morning!
It should be lots of fun We are actually going to use Google Hangouts for this but it is in fact the same concept as Skype. I just find it easier to connect with YouTube to use GH.
Oh, yeah! Google Hangouts definitely works out a lot better. I'd really like to participate in this, if it's alright. What time were you thinking?
Unread 04-11-2016, 10:31 AM   #6
JLS Comics

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasyIA View Post
Oh, yeah! Google Hangouts definitely works out a lot better. I'd really like to participate in this, if it's alright. What time were you thinking?
Cool! I agree, Google Hangouts is good for this type of thing; the only thing I wish is that they'd allow for more than 10 people lol

This will take place on April 24th. I would like to do it at either 2pm or 3pm EST but I will pick the time that best fits everyone's schedules.

I want it to be a good discussion however I will have some questions for the panel. I am actually going to be sending those out on Wednesday. It won't be anything too much, things like:

1. How did you get in to cosplay
2. What are your inspirations
3. Walk us through your creative process
4. Do you go to cons solo or with a group

and one that I want to ask - because ultimately this is to educate viewers who are thinking about doing cosplay as well as people who admire cosplayers at conventions and events - not only panel members but also others with experience is:

** Give 2 tips - one for other cosplayers and one for your audience **
(It could be anything like where to buy something, a material to use, proper etiquette, how you want photography to happen, etc.)
Unread 04-11-2016, 10:40 AM   #7
FantasyIA

Quote:
Cool! I agree, Google Hangouts is good for this type of thing; the only thing I wish is that they'd allow for more than 10 people lol

This will take place on April 24th. I would like to do it at either 2pm or 3pm EST but I will pick the time that best fits everyone's schedules.

I want it to be a good discussion however I will have some questions for the panel. I am actually going to be sending those out on Wednesday. It won't be anything too much, things like:

1. How did you get in to cosplay
2. What are your inspirations
3. Walk us through your creative process
4. Do you go to cons solo or with a group

and one that I want to ask - because ultimately this is to educate viewers who are thinking about doing cosplay as well as people who admire cosplayers at conventions and events - not only panel members but also others with experience is:

** Give 2 tips - one for other cosplayers and one for your audience **
(It could be anything like where to buy something, a material to use, proper etiquette, how you want photography to happen, etc.)
Awesome! Can't wait!
Unread 04-11-2016, 12:22 PM   #8
Angelmage99

Thumbs up

I wish I could join, but that is a day/time for me. I wish you the best of luck.

My biggest advice to beginning cosplays is to find a mentor and/or friends and find where you can take class to educate yourself. Go with the saying that 'if it's meant to be then it's up to me'.
Hungary from APH

Hungary from APH
Mimi From Digimon Season 0
Shiemi From Blue Exorcist
Renge from OHSHC!
Angelmage99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2016, 12:28 AM   #9
Shadarkness
YouTuber, Artist, Geek.

This looks like fun! I'm a cosplay YouTuber as well, and this should be interesting! I'd love to take part.

-Silver

Cosplay in Progress!:
Julius Kingsley - Code Geass
Brago - Zatch Bell
Jakob - Fire Emblem Fates
Corrin - Fire Emblem Fates
Drive Knight - One Punch Man

2016 Con Schedule:
PAX South 2016 (DONE)
Anime Matsuri 2016 (DONE)
Mini A-Kon VIII (DONE)
All-Con 2016 (DONE)
A-Kon 27 *next!*
SGC/RTX 2016 ?
AnimeFEST 2016
Dragon*Con 2016 ?
Anime North Texas 2016
(more to come!)
Shadarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2016, 10:12 AM   #10
JLS Comics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadarkness View Post
This looks like fun! I'm a cosplay YouTuber as well, and this should be interesting! I'd love to take part.

-Silver
Definitely I will add you to the list
Unread 04-12-2016, 10:30 AM   #11
kandell

I would be interested in joining! I haven't been super active on my youtube channel, but I've been cosplaying for years and over the past year have been running several panels discussing cosplay and convention stuff.
Facebook
AC Paradise
Twitter
kandell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2016, 11:10 AM   #12
JLS Comics

Quote:
Originally Posted by kandell View Post
I would be interested in joining! I haven't been super active on my youtube channel, but I've been cosplaying for years and over the past year have been running several panels discussing cosplay and convention stuff.
Hi Kandell,

Thanks for the interest, I'd love to have you on
Unread 04-12-2016, 11:34 AM   #13
kandell

Quote:
Hi Kandell,

Thanks for the interest, I'd love to have you on
Do you need an email to send out the Google Hangout info?
Facebook
AC Paradise
Twitter
kandell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2016, 11:52 AM   #14
JLS Comics

Quote:
Originally Posted by kandell View Post
Do you need an email to send out the Google Hangout info?
Yes that would be perfect but send a message here or on Facebook or Google (JLS Comics on all social media) instead of putting it in the thread. Also, I am going to send out some questions so you'll be able to prep your answers :-) So expect 2 separate emails from me!
Unread 04-12-2016, 06:10 PM   #15
Cross02

Hi

This sounds like it could be interesting. I would love to take part since I am a cosplayer myself.
Cross02 is offline   Reply With Quote