Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Seeking Cosplayers

Unread 08-10-2014, 02:57 PM   #1
elsaofwesteros
Elsa

Comic Con nyc!

Hi there! I know it's a little soon, but I'm looking for some friends to hang out with during comic con nyc this year! My dad's a little hesitant about letting me go, and I think if I've got some friends to chill with he'll feel better about it. I'm resisting the urge to make an ironic comment about meeting strangers on the internet in real life right now, tbh.

Anyways I'm going to be going on Saturday, probably Friday and maybe Sunday too(ebay is a gold mine for tickets, lemme tell you that.)
I'll hopefully be cosplaying Dark Pheonix/Jean Grey from X-men, Daenerys from Game of Thrones, and Polaris, also from X-men. When & all that stuff'll be figured out closer to the con.

Of course it doesn't matter what you're cosplaying as, I honestly don't care as long as I don't look like a dork walking around by myself, but it would be cool if I could meet people with the same interests (Marvel, GoT, Supernatural, there's a lot) so yeah! Thanks for reading this!
elsaofwesteros is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-10-2014, 05:16 PM   #2
jerseydudee
Heeyyooooo

Haaayy elsa, awesome name btw it rhymes. I'd be down to hang out and walk around the con with another fellow awesome cosplayer like yourself and others. If you can't find a good cheap ticket I have a 4 four day pass i'm selling for 150 just in case, I've seen the ticket prices on craigslist and Ebay, they might as be selling front row super bowl autographed by every player tickets. So are you goig to any other cons later this year besides Nycc?
jerseydudee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2014, 06:52 PM   #3
elsaofwesteros
Elsa

Thanks!! And that pass'd be amazing they really are expensive ahah. As for other cons, I'm not sure yet! I've been so excited about comic con I haven't looked for anything else, haha.
Unread 08-10-2014, 08:26 PM   #4
jerseydudee
Heeyyooooo

Hellz yeah they are, charging 300 or 400$ for tickets is beyond crazy and dumb. I have the actual pass too I bought more from a comic shop a few days ago, so i could send them to you if you want, after payment of course. And i gotcha that's normal though, my first con was Sdcc so I was the exact same way, even if another con was a few blocks away from where i lived, San diego had my attention for months. Is this your first time going to Nycc? And what other cons have you been to, that not have been just this year.
Unread 08-10-2014, 10:44 PM   #5
Saltpeter
DANGER: Talks too much

I too am looking for friends to hang out with at NYCC. I'm gonna be Twisted Fate from League of Legends. I'll be there all four days.

If you're looking for a Friday pass, I have one that I no longer need. I'm willing to part with it for retail price, $45. I just want to cut my losses.

Costume Plan

The planning phase is over, the time for action has arrived! Talk to me like someone who is more eager than studious, but HAS done his research outside of his questions! The next challenge is to make the armor look like leather, or to make the pouch!

NEXT RANK: Add padding/styling to shoulder armor OR make the leather card pouch
Saltpeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2014, 11:02 PM   #6
jerseydudee
Heeyyooooo

SaltyPete! I see you on like every thread, i was wondering when you'd come in, but Heyyyooo So what other cons do you go to? Also are you going to any other cons this year?
Unread 08-10-2014, 11:19 PM   #7
Saltpeter

Oh dear, I already have a reputation. I'm just trying to make friends! NYCC is the only con I'm going to this year. I'm new to this cosplaying thing, and funds constraints. @_@ I'll rpobably want to go to PAX East and MAGfest at some point. I hear that League cosplayers get TONS of attention at PAX.

Costume Plan

The planning phase is over, the time for action has arrived! Talk to me like someone who is more eager than studious, but HAS done his research outside of his questions! The next challenge is to make the armor look like leather, or to make the pouch!

Unread 08-10-2014, 11:43 PM   #8
jerseydudee
Heeyyooooo

Ha yeah but a good rep Pete, soon you'll probably be Admin of the site or something just as big, because you'll be so popular through here But i gotcha man, aren't we all looking for new friends and what better friends then fellow cosplayers And yeah i've been Pax anyway not magfest actually just heard about that one just yesterday, Pax is popular for having more League cosplayers more then other popular costume groups like attack on titan or batman cosplayers. There's actually gonna be a L.O.L convention in November it's called Summoners Con. I heard about it at Rtx this past july, I'll put a link at the bottom if you want to check it out.

https://www.summonerscon.com
Unread 08-10-2014, 11:56 PM   #9
Saltpeter

I dunno, The Hag once cautioned me to step back from the yawning precipice of being a shithead. One of the most beautifully worded criticisms I've ever received. ;>.>

California. Yikes, no dice for me. D: I'm not actually that big into League. I hope to maybe one day be a silver league player. ;>.>

;>.> For the record, my name's not actually Peter, and I don't really identify with it. Call me Salt. I met a few folks through this site a couple weeks ago, and they were having trouble remembering my real name because the "peter" part of my handle. ;>.> But anyway, what are you planning on going to NYCC as?

Costume Plan

Unread 08-11-2014, 08:18 AM   #10
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsaofwesteros View Post
Hi there! I know it's a little soon, but I'm looking for some friends to hang out with during comic con nyc this year! My dad's a little hesitant about letting me go, and I think if I've got some friends to chill with he'll feel better about it. I'm resisting the urge to make an ironic comment about meeting strangers on the internet in real life right now, tbh.

Anyways I'm going to be going on Saturday, probably Friday and maybe Sunday too(ebay is a gold mine for tickets, lemme tell you that.)
I'll hopefully be cosplaying Dark Pheonix/Jean Grey from X-men, Daenerys from Game of Thrones, and Polaris, also from X-men. When & all that stuff'll be figured out closer to the con.

If you're dad trusts you around 30 yr old men, then you're in luc-::: is immediately arrested :::

I know several of my FRANDS are plotting X-men times at NYCC. We just have to nail down a day and time, since we all have several Marvel costumes to be worn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saltpeter View Post
Oh dear, I already have a reputation. I'm just trying to make friends! NYCC is the only con I'm going to this year. I'm new to this cosplaying thing, and funds constraints. @_@ I'll rpobably want to go to PAX East and MAGfest at some point. I hear that League cosplayers get TONS of attention at PAX.
PAX East is pretty much LoL Con since Riot has a huge booth chock full of event. Be warned, PAX East is actually harder to get into than NYCC though.

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2014, 08:27 AM   #11
Saltpeter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnarCHris View Post
If you're dad trusts you around 30 yr old men, then you're in luc-::: is immediately arrested :::

I know several of my FRANDS are plotting X-men times at NYCC. We just have to nail down a day and time, since we all have several Marvel costumes to be worn.
Ooh! Do you have any Gambits lined up? I want a photo of Gambit playing three-card monty with Twisted Fate. ;>.>

Costume Plan

Unread 08-11-2014, 09:38 AM   #12
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saltpeter View Post
Ooh! Do you have any Gambits lined up? I want a photo of Gambit playing three-card monty with Twisted Fate. ;>.>
Not yet? I have to get through DragonCon before sitting down and looking at the proposed roster.

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
Unread 08-11-2014, 01:23 PM   #13
jerseydudee
Heeyyooooo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnarCHris View Post

PAX East is pretty much LoL Con since Riot has a huge booth chock full of event. Be warned, PAX East is actually harder to get into than NYCC though.
Lolz, 30 year old men and gets arrested, that's the funniest thing I've seen all day. But HAAAYyy Chris awesome Mr. Dewitt costume by the way. And werd man Dragoncon! Best con EVAR, I'm going there too , what costumes do you have lined up for Dragoncon?
Unread 08-11-2014, 01:28 PM   #14
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseydudee View Post
Lolz, 30 year old men and gets arrested, that's the funniest thing I've seen all day. But HAAAYyy Chris awesome Mr. Dewitt costume by the way. And werd man Dragoncon! Best con EVAR, I'm going there too , what costumes do you have lined up for Dragoncon?
Thanks. Ive been to Dragon in forever, so I'm hoping it's better than the last time I've gone.

And I'm bringing Booker out for Aquarium night, plus like 2 versions of Hawkeye and Cyclops for Marvel times and that new Dick Grayson spy uniform for DC comics times. Not going crazy for DCON, because I am old and lazy.

Unread 08-11-2014, 01:29 PM   #15
elsaofwesteros
Elsa

[quote=TheAnarCHris;4905473]If you're dad trusts you around 30 yr old men, then you're in luc-::: is immediately arrested :::

omg xD And that Marvel group sounds like a lot of fun!!