Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Seeking Cosplayers

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 60 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 02-19-2013, 07:38 PM   #1756
SD_Rum

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayaasan View Post
Just a quick note, here's a list of conventions in Southern California for the rest of the year

~~Although it's over now, the first May of every year is free comic book day! Most comic book stores participate.

AM-Squared: June 15th-17th at the Anaheim Convention Center. Haven't been personally, but I've heard great things about it. It's the same founders as Anime Expo.

Anime Expo: June 29th-July 2nd at the LA Convention Center. The convention to go to for anime fans apparently. I haven't been since they moved from Anaheim due to a waning interest in Anime/Manga, but it's THE convention to go to for Anime fans

Stan Lee's Comikaze Expo: September 15-16 at the LA Convention Center. It's the second year, and Stan himself is now the official sponsor! Much smaller scale, but a super friendly atmosphere.

Conjecture: October 5-7 at the Town and Country in Mission Vallery: I think it's run by the same people as Anime Conji, although it's theme leans more toward scifi/fantasy.

November 3rd-4th: Long Beach Comic Con at the Long Beach Convention Center. I LOVE this small convention! Already have my hotel booked.

There's also Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party at Disneyland, a ticketed which allows anyone regardless of age to dress up at the park and includes special events, rare character meet and greets, a Halloween parade, and trick-or-treat stations.

Hope this helps!
There's also the one day Long Beach Comic Expo on May 11 from 10am-6p. Tickets already available for purchase
SD_Rum is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-19-2013, 08:11 PM   #1757
SD_Rum

Hi guys! I never cosplayed before but working on making my debut at SDCC in July as a Marvel villain called the Wrecker. Ayaasan has been so helpful with amazing tips and links to get some of the stuff I need.

I always admired the cosplayers at SDCC and love taking pics of them so I decided to try it out since I am a huge comic nerd!

I also plan to attend Comikaze and Long Beach Con in November.
Unread 02-20-2013, 01:53 PM   #1758
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face

I really do want to attend Comikaze and Long Beach CC

W.I.P:
Queen Mikasa - AoT 65%
Dark Zelda - SSBB 30%
WoC!Mikasa - AoT 25%
Judy Skellington - Nightmare before Christmas 10%
Tinkerbell - Disney 5%

Planned:
Black Canary - DC Bombshell
Nonon Jakuzure - Kill La Kill 5%
Ruby Rose/Blake Belladonna - RWBY 10%

Petra Ral (angel ver.)- AoT
Lisa Garland - Silent Hill

Queen Serenity - Sailor Moon
Vergil(genderbent): DMC:5
LinkPwnsGanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2013, 03:45 PM   #1759
ayaasan

I can't really do much else with Ice Queen until my new hoop skirt arrives so that I can drape the bottom skirts properly.... so I decided to make my new Gunter plush! Since I sold out of him on my etsy, I decided to try drafting a new pattern and he's so cute, round and squishy!~ I love him even more with this new pattern, even added squeakers in the flippers :3

Unread 02-20-2013, 04:08 PM   #1760
SD_Rum

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinkPwnsGanon View Post
I really do want to attend Comikaze and Long Beach CC
I never been to Comikaze either but I hear tickets go on sale later this month! Long Beach is a real cool venue but much smaller than SDCC. I was able to take a number of cool cosplay pics last year at Long Beach even for one day. The tickets are much cheaper like $20 one day and I think tickets are already ready for purchase.
Unread 02-20-2013, 10:53 PM   #1761
ayaasan

LBCC is cool, but SUPER tiny since it's up and coming. It's more of a chill and hang out with friends convention from what I've experienced~ (It's a safer con atmosphere for cosplay, though. I wore my USO Girl and didn't have even one bad experience!)

Comikaze is awesome for it's dealers hall (almost as big as Wonder Con 0.0), events, and cosplay. Organization, though, SUCKS..big time. They know there are going to be a ton of people, and yet they still funnel people who pre-ordered tickets in the same line as people who want to register on site--I was stuck in a 2 hour line OUTSIDE in over 100 degree weather as Loki. *ACK* Not a self inflicted costume choice, as I can easily withstand the temp for bits at a time...just not as long as they made us wait. Then maybe 1/10 security seemed to know what was going on..

Whelp, enough ranting, lol :P I finally figured out what I'm attending the masquerade as Saturday night at Wonder Con! I wanted something super simple and comfy and no money, lol. So I pulled out Fionna since she'll be pretty popular with the new "Bad Little Boy" episode. Just made a new hat, and changed it up to a knit sweater top in the exact same style and color for warmth, and I'll also bring a scarf and wear tights under the thigh-high socks
Unread 02-20-2013, 11:23 PM   #1762
La Tulipe Noire
Un pour tous

I just can't cut a break here. First my apartment building catches fire, now there's an escaped murder suspect running around downtown. I'm just gonna pull a Hansel and roll under my bed, wake me when all the bad stuff goes away.

But so this isn't completely off topic, here's a preview of my Misa. The wig isn't cut so it's all over the place (it's also not the color I was hoping for), and because it isn't cut the pigtails aren't done. I also couldn't do it while it was on my head. xD Dunno why I didn't think of that. Other than needing to finish the gloves and make her necklace that one is all done.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/v/862132_4414452355792_804631053_n.jpg?oh=4c74f11fb5 27cd99926dbd9ef3465fc7&oe=5127BE5F&__gda__=1361571 618_a2ed7b87fb28ac304712c94e04e9d630
X-23[]
Agent 13 []
Polaris []

My Tumblr
La Tulipe Noire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2013, 11:48 PM   #1763
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face

I saw that on facebook! How did it catch on fire? And a escaped murder suspect?! I think it's time for you to come back to San Diego :O

Misa-Misa! Watch out for L! O.O

I'm actually surprised that I don't have any white bias tape in my house! I have a lot of red and greens. But I need it for my sailor collar :P

W.I.P:
Queen Mikasa - AoT 65%
Dark Zelda - SSBB 30%
WoC!Mikasa - AoT 25%
Tinkerbell - Disney 5%

Planned:

Last edited by LinkPwnsGanon : 02-21-2013 at 12:52 AM.
Unread 02-21-2013, 09:25 AM   #1764
ayaasan

Tulipe: *gak* Hope everything is okay! The Misa wig color actually compliments your skin tone, so that's a plus! Just go warmer with the blush and with some cooler exaggerated eye makeup and it'll really pop :3 (By the by, I think we have the same phone :P)

Link: I just did that the other day for a costume--I could have sworn I had some navy blue bias tape, but all I had was periwinkle, gold and white. I didn't want to go out and buy more since it was just for lining the raw edges in a bodice and no one would see so I used it anyway..hah hah

And oh my glob...new Fionna hat turned out adorbs! I finally figured out how to get the ears to stay up properly :P It's made and lined with a super soft and fuzzy arctic fleece.

And if you get the chance, check out "Bravest Warriors" on youtube It's the same creator as Adventure Time, and freaking hilarious. Half tempted to work on a Beth costume :P

Last edited by ayaasan : 02-21-2013 at 11:15 PM.
ayaasan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2013, 01:38 AM   #1765
La Tulipe Noire
Un pour tous

@Link: No one knows yet how it caught on fire. It was an empty apartment that went boom. And the inmate was caught yesterday evening. x-x This has been a crazy week, I just feel tired from it.

@Ayaasan: Everything's okay, just hectic. :] I know nothing about make-up. 8D So I'm gonna pretend I understood that. Pantech phone!?

And thanks to this preview from the new Young Avengers comic you're now gonna have to be the Scarlet Mom. 8D http://24.media.tumblr.com/49757d1f0...3uoo5_1280.jpg

My friend showed me some of Bravest Warriors. xD It was weird.
X-23[]
Agent 13 []
Polaris []

My Tumblr
Unread 02-22-2013, 09:16 PM   #1766
ayaasan

Tulipe: yup, I have a pantech with pink trim I totally got it for the color, and since it was the cutest non-smart phone because I don't need internet on my phone :P
I'm diggin' Wanda's new look, so it'll go on my list, but I'm still partial to her classic costume And the Scarlet Mom, lol.

And I just got my new Ice Queen hoop skirt and petticoats!!~ This is thing is HUGE, and everything is finally draping nice and pretty-like. My sister's first reaction "How are you going to it through doors?!" and I haven't even added the underskirts or the bustle padding yet
I even decided to "test" some of the suddenly/instant snow kits we sell at my store, and made "too much" and had to bring home the extra, lol. I now have a quart of fake snow for my makeup, and then sprinkling the rest on the gown

Don't have a day off until Monday, and I really need to hit up the fabric store for some more fleece. Makin' a new Cake the Cat plush, as well as a Catbug.
Unread 02-23-2013, 02:11 AM   #1767
La Tulipe Noire
Un pour tous

@Ayaasan: We have the same phone! 8D Mine's dying though so I have to get a new one. :[ I like Wanda's new costume~ But I'm totally thrown off by all of them sitting in uniform. Like, they don't get to sit around and relax that have to be constantly in uniform? xD

So, my friend who is doing Tommy got her goggles in (She's gonna paint them white) , and I stole them. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...ps92872156.jpg
X-23[]
Agent 13 []
Polaris []

My Tumblr
Unread 02-23-2013, 09:29 PM   #1768
ayaasan

Loving the goggles :3

And I've been challenged to match a friend's Marceline costume, so I whipped together Marshall Lee. (I actually have everything in my closet except for the pointed ears, lol) No grey makeup yet, since it's late and that takes an hour, and I would heavily style and spike the wig, but what do ya think? I haven't crossplayed in ages, lol.

EDIT: Um, yeah. I went ahead and styled the wig.

I just did a test run wearing it, and I look so weird XD

Last edited by ayaasan : 02-25-2013 at 01:12 PM.
ayaasan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2013, 06:59 PM   #1769
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face

Ayaasan: I love it! x3 Oh and I just started watching Bravest Warriors and I love it because it's weird and funny! xD You should totally do Beth when you have time!

W.I.P:
Queen Mikasa - AoT 65%
Dark Zelda - SSBB 30%
WoC!Mikasa - AoT 25%
Tinkerbell - Disney 5%

Planned:

Unread 02-26-2013, 08:44 PM   #1770
ayaasan

Thank-you X3 I'm even getting help with my Axe Bass, and I'm excited to debut. I'll probably work on Marceline later, too, since I already have the perfect wig, and I'll have the makeup from Marshall. I'm particularly fond of her "What Was Missing" outfit