Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Seeking Cosplayers

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 70 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 06-05-2012, 09:02 PM   #166
magiccosplay01

This conversation keeps getting bigger lol, its like a starbucks louge, where you can just chat away XD! Is anyone else here..from SD, i really want to meet and hang out with you guys, your awesome cosplayers, just like me ^__^.
magiccosplay01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-05-2012, 09:42 PM   #167
La Tulipe Noire
Un pour tous

I use one site all the time for my wigs, I love them. Get most of my wigs from there, including my Yuki one~ But maybe I should try Arda I've never tired it before. o: A lot of my specialty wigs are from ebay though, like my Sheryl one. Two toned~ I have weak hair, so I try not to bleach it too much. D: Last time I just straight dyed it red without bleaching.

Um. I'm from the SD area, but I thought we all pretty much were~ At least in the general area.

I ended up at SeaWorld again today. xD Oopsie~

I have this strong urge to cosplay Peggy Carter, and I have no idea why. Because Captain America wasn't my favorite of the Marvel movies. That would be weird...
X-23[]
Agent 13 []
Polaris []

My Tumblr
La Tulipe Noire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2012, 09:54 PM   #168
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face

What ebay user do you buy your wigs from? The only person that owns wig is my oldest sister. She has a medium purple wig and a short, short blue wig for her face painting job. (I love putting the purple wig on! xD) And then she has like a long wavy light brown wig and a black wig she uses for whenever she wants. (I like how the black one looks on me xD) Sooo I might buy my very first wig tomorrow! I'm soooo excited! xD I would buy another one but I owe my sister money (ah phooey :P) so now I have to wait until I get paid again.

Well everyone who post here has to be from the San Diego area because well they aren't gonna find anyone else...right? Today actually felt like a SeaWorld day to me. But I cant do anything about it since I don't have a pass. :P

I also wasn't a fan of Captain America.

W.I.P:
Queen Mikasa - AoT 95%
Dark Zelda - SSBB 30%
WoC!Mikasa - AoT 25%
Lolita!Mikasa -AoT 25%
Hinata Hyuga - Naruto 10%
Yin - Darker than Black 35%
Ruby Rose 80% /Summer Rose - RWBY 90%

Planned:
Black Canary - DC Bombshell
Miltiades Malachite - RWBY
Anastasia(Once Upon A December Dress) - Anastasia
Cerise Hood - EAH
Madeline Hatter - EAH
LinkPwnsGanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2012, 10:22 PM   #169
La Tulipe Noire
Un pour tous

For ebay I use a number of different places. Never really the same one. I use cosplayanimewigs.com and it has a number of different wigs. I've ordered most of mine there and gotten a lot of compliments on them. Though I have a problem sometimes with their shipping but the wigs are nice. I have a two tone pink and blonde, a gray, a long blue, a short blue, curly purple, several different pumpkin orange, Blonde, black, and brown of all different lengths. xD Woahs of a cosplayer, always need a bunch of different wigs.

I would have thought so also. o-o It was a nice day for Seaworld. The passes are so expensive, but at least I have a summer pass~

I liked Captain America because mm Chris Evans, but as a whole the story was kind of slow. I liked Peggy though, she was a good character.
X-23[]
Agent 13 []
Polaris []

My Tumblr
Unread 06-05-2012, 10:34 PM   #170
ayaasan

*raises hand* Glad I'm not alone on Cap'n not being my favorite, lol. I actually made the USO uniform before the movie was even out, just because I liked the design, lol. Love the comics, but the movie didn't do much for me. The first Iron Man movie is actually my favorite :3
I occasionally use ebay, but Arda's become my favorite because of the colors, style options, awesome fibers, and amazin' customer service (I sound like an add, lol, but the hype is true!!~)-- I have eight wigs from them already, and I plan on ordering at least two more soon :P
June 22nd needs to get here sooner! I'm going to play Merida for the movie premiere at a local theatre
ayaasan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2012, 10:41 PM   #171
La Tulipe Noire
Un pour tous

I can't say I didn't ENJOY it. But it definitely wasn't my favorite. I liked Thor just because I can stare at Chris Hemsworth a lot. But out of them Iron Man was my favorite, definitely. :] ebay has some nice specialty ones, ones that generally cost a fortune otherwise.
Oh, that sounds like fun. I always wanted to do one of those movie premier things. >_<
X-23[]
Agent 13 []
Polaris []

My Tumblr
Unread 06-06-2012, 12:35 PM   #172
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face

@Tulipe: Well since I'm going to start cosplaying and (hopefully) stop dying my hair, I'm going to end up buying a lot of wigs haha! Won't that be a sight to see in my room! xD

I had a pass for it the past few years but I just didn't get it this year....probably because I got my Disneyland pass and I pay monthly for it. x.x

Yeah Peggy was a good character.

@Ayaasan: Yeah I like the first Iron Man movie, Thor would come in second after it. You look wonderful as a USO girl!

@Tulipe: I love Chris Hemsworth's voice and his laugh!
I've wanted to go dressed up as a Hogwarts student back when they were showing the Harry Potter Adventure of the last previous movies and the part one of the 7th one

W.I.P:
Queen Mikasa - AoT 95%
Dark Zelda - SSBB 30%
WoC!Mikasa - AoT 25%
Lolita!Mikasa -AoT 25%

Planned:
Cerise Hood - EAH
Madeline Hatter - EAH
Unread 06-06-2012, 06:48 PM   #173
La Tulipe Noire
Un pour tous

I love having a bunch of wigs. It is a lot of fun. xD I keep them all in bags in a box~ I should store them better but I have no room. Way too many wigs.
Disneyland pass! I totally want to go to Disneyland sometime while I'm still here.
Most of the female counterparts to the Marvel movies were good. I didn't really like Jane though. I didn't feel like she contributed much and a lot of the things she did was kind of dumb. Sorry to Jane fans. D:

Chris Hemsworth is mm... I mean, all of the actors from Avengers were attractive to the point of being unfair. Though I can't say I mind all the eye candy.
I did Ginny at the premier of the second movie. With my friend as Neville. But it wasn't super exciting. xD
X-23[]
Agent 13 []
Polaris []

My Tumblr
Unread 06-08-2012, 06:06 PM   #174
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face

So I was going to buy my wig yesterday but then my mom asked me if I could lend my younger sister money because she's going to Disneyland for Grad Night today and now I have to wait until my momsie pays me back. *sigh* ah phooey :P

W.I.P:
Queen Mikasa - AoT 95%
Dark Zelda - SSBB 30%
WoC!Mikasa - AoT 25%
Lolita!Mikasa -AoT 25%

Planned:
Cerise Hood - EAH
Madeline Hatter - EAH
Unread 06-08-2012, 10:07 PM   #175
ayaasan

@Link: oooh! What wig are you getting? I actually store all of my wigs on either wig heads if they're styled, or in my Rapunzel bags from the Disney Store. (Get it? Hur, hur, I is clever lol)

I also finally have updates for Loki---
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3222893/

It's MUCH shinier in person with tints of green, and I love it to death. It's two layers of wonderflex and two additional layers of heat molded EVA foam. I also just finished my bow for Merida--can ya tell I'm on a prop making kick? :P
Unread 06-08-2012, 10:41 PM   #176
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face

I'm getting an orange wig for my Orihime cosplay. Hopefully from my next paycheck I can get an Alice wig! Haha! xD

Wow!!!! Your diadem looks soooo amazing! Is it light or does it have some weight to it? I'd so would want one for myself haha! It still looks great in pictures so that's a good thing too! I wish I could get things done as well. :P

Oh and totally forgot to mention that my lovely older sister said that she wants to cosplay as Gogo Yubari again! Yay!!!! But with the blood on her face and table leg! xD So I said that I'd be one of the female Crazy 88 with her! Maybe someday I'll be Beatrix/The Bride/Black Mamba xD

W.I.P:
Queen Mikasa - AoT 95%
Dark Zelda - SSBB 30%
WoC!Mikasa - AoT 25%
Lolita!Mikasa -AoT 25%

Planned:
Cerise Hood - EAH
Madeline Hatter - EAH

Last edited by LinkPwnsGanon : 06-09-2012 at 08:04 AM.
Unread 06-08-2012, 11:00 PM   #177
ayaasan

Since it's mostly foam and lightweight wonderflex plastic, it barely weighs anything, but it's super sturdy It'll attach directly to this wig: http://arda-wigs.com/collections/luthien along with the horns, and I plan on teasing the heck out of the wig and adding braids, beads, etc.
I'm also learning how to make scale mail just for this costume. o.0

And if you're getting a longer wig, I HIGHLY recommend a heat resistant/Hiperlon one and even further spraying it with motions--it'll still tangle, but it'll be easier to comb out than kanekalon

Edit: Yay!!! When is said Alice costume debuting? I'd love to get a Disney group going for a day at Long Beach Comic Con and/or Mickey's Halloween Party

Last edited by ayaasan : 06-08-2012 at 11:12 PM.
Unread 06-08-2012, 11:47 PM   #178
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face

Oh well that's good! You wont be getting a headache from it! I can't wit to see the wig and the horns! Even just having that alone would be awesome! Oh well I wish you luck on the scale mail! To me it looks complicated but I know you'll get it down!

Thanks for the lovely advice!

I'll hopefully have it done by either next month or the month after that. I'd love to go to Mickey's Halloween Party as Alice! I wish I could go to Long Beach Comic Con though. :P

W.I.P:
Queen Mikasa - AoT 95%
Dark Zelda - SSBB 30%
WoC!Mikasa - AoT 25%
Lolita!Mikasa -AoT 25%

Planned:
Cerise Hood - EAH
Madeline Hatter - EAH
Unread 06-09-2012, 02:15 AM   #179
La Tulipe Noire
Un pour tous

Wow Ayaasan, you're Loki diadem is beautiful. Good that it's lightweight and it won't weigh you down. It's always the worst when your head is heavy from things not only from the wig. xD But it's super gorgeous.

Almost finished with Sailor Moon's earrings. I just need to bake the clay and find the wire cutters... Or else I'd be done. >I
And the final pieces of Sailor Venus' shoes I have gathered, just need to spray paint the heels again.

Ah~ Good old Disney.
X-23[]
Agent 13 []
Polaris []

My Tumblr
Unread 06-09-2012, 12:12 PM   #180
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face

I definitly want to make these earrings just for the heck of it! xD Hopefully I can make them soon.

Did ya find wire cutters yet? o.O

Any of you guys know what wig I should get for Alice?

W.I.P:
Queen Mikasa - AoT 95%
Dark Zelda - SSBB 30%
WoC!Mikasa - AoT 25%
Lolita!Mikasa -AoT 25%

Planned: