Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Seeking Cosplayers

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 70 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 03-27-2013, 10:46 PM   #1846
ayaasan

Link: LOVE the cloak!!

Hearth: Hello!!~ Can't wait to see your Loki costume :3 And SDCC can be a bit overwhelming even for a con veteran, so be sure to plan ahead

Annnddd..Wondercon is only two more days away!!!! My costume lineup is pretty much the same, but I've decided to bring Supergirl instead of Vanellope because:
1)Vanellope entails a wig that needs a box of it's own= need more space
2)Supergirl has the same wig as Fionna, and Wonder Woman's cape=less space!
3)Supergirl and Alice have the same makeup, so I can change into Alice for the evening without needing a makeup scub!~:P
4)Vanellope's costume is super comfy, but the wig is not.

I WILL be taking pics of Vanellope later, though!

Unread 03-27-2013, 10:47 PM   #1847
La Tulipe Noire
Un pour tous

Ooo! Welcome, welcome! A few of us are going to SDCC~! And great you're going to be Kid Loki! I'm getting a YA group together myself. So far we have Teddy, Billy, Tommy, Kate, and Cassie. Trying to get a friend to be Eli. I hope you see your cosplay at CC and take pictures! 8D

And yes, like Ayaasan said, CC is overwhelming. Go in a group!

@Ayaasan: Can't wait to see pictures from Wondercon. Have fun!
X-23[]
Agent 13 []
Polaris []

My Tumblr
La Tulipe Noire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2013, 11:40 PM   #1848
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face

Welcome~! ^_^ I actually had randomly told Tulipe that I felt like cosplaying as Kid Loki but it's great to hear that you do!

Ayaasan: thanks! I'm soooo happy to have finished it very late that night! I hope you and everyone else that re going to wondercon have a great time!

Tulipe: which reminds me, when will you return again?! xD

I guess I should post my update photos of Mercury that I keep putting off for a while now :P

W.I.P:
Queen Mikasa - AoT 95%
Dark Zelda - SSBB 30%
WoC!Mikasa - AoT 25%
Lolita!Mikasa -AoT 25%
Hinata Hyuga - Naruto 10%
Yin - Darker than Black 35%
Ruby Rose 80% /Summer Rose - RWBY 90%

Planned:
Black Canary - DC Bombshell
Miltiades Malachite - RWBY
Anastasia(Once Upon A December Dress) - Anastasia
Cerise Hood - EAH
Madeline Hatter - EAH
LinkPwnsGanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2013, 11:49 PM   #1849
Hearth
Unregistered User

@Ayaasan: Thanks for the advice. My roommate is going as well, and she told me a couple of times that she's afraid that we're going to run out of things to do if we go all four days. XD It's all right for me to doubt that statement, right? Haha.

@La Tulipe Noire: Oh, sweet! YA group pictures would be awesome!

So far, it seems that I'm only going with two other people: my roommate and her friend. Though, her friend seems to regret that I bought all of us all the whole package deal, so I guess she's only going one or two days. :-/
Hearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2013, 11:56 PM   #1850
Hearth
Unregistered User

@LinkPwnsGanon: Ah, you seemed to have replied while I was writing up my last post. Whoops! xD;;

Kid Loki has to be my most favorite comic book character at the moment. In fact, JiM kind of brought me back into reading comics, heh. While looking through the forums, it was nice to see quite a number of other fans as well!
Unread 03-28-2013, 12:16 AM   #1851
La Tulipe Noire
Un pour tous

You shouldn't get bored, the hall is HUGE. However, you might get frustrated with the crowds of people and the lack of places to sit down. The Dealer's hall is fifty rows of different lengths and there's a LOT to see, but fighting the people might not be worth it. Depends. For a first timer, it'd probably be great and I very much doubt you'd run out of things to do. Just don't expect to see any panels unless you want to stay in a line ALL day. That usually go outside, in the hot sun. And San Diego during the summer, in costume- not the most comfortable place to hang around.

Yeah~! Group pictures would be the best. Once I get it done I'd like to get a photoshoot of everyone. :]

I've only been reading the new Young Avengers stuff, not JiM. xD Though today I went nuts and bought a lot of comics. Including the Runaways+Young Avengers stuff. I'm in the middle of the Civil War one, which I'm preparing myself for heartbreak.

@Link: You did randomly tell me. >_>
X-23[]
Agent 13 []
Polaris []

My Tumblr

Last edited by La Tulipe Noire : 03-28-2013 at 12:20 AM.
Unread 03-28-2013, 12:41 AM   #1852
Hearth
Unregistered User

Yeah... I'm a bit concerned wearing long sleeves in the summer. Dx And I imagine parking is horrendous. Is it?

The current run on JiM? Or Gillen's run? Gillen's run is excellent, I think. But that's a pretty obvious thing for me to say, haha. The last issue really left a painful knot in my heart, though. ;_;

Yay, comic book shopping spree! What other stuff did you get if I may ask?
Unread 03-28-2013, 12:52 AM   #1853
La Tulipe Noire
Un pour tous

Parking Downtown is nearly impossible during CC. And inside the convention you need a pass to do. I suggest parking along the trolley line, that will take you right outside the convention center and it's only $5 a day. If you park at a mall or something then you won't have to pay parking on top of that.

I don't know anything about JiM, just that it makes you sad. xD

I bought issue #3 of YA, Civil War: Young Avengers & Runaways, Secret Invasion: Young Avengers and Runaways, and the first five issues of the new Hawkeye comic. :]
X-23[]
Agent 13 []
Polaris []

My Tumblr
Unread 03-28-2013, 01:06 AM   #1854
Hearth
Unregistered User

Hm, that sounds like an excellent idea! Thanks a lot for the advice. :-D Maybe the next time I visit SD, I can actually try riding the trolley since I have never done so. XD;

Well, it's never too late! Maybe during your next spree you can pick up the first TPB. ;-)

Ah, wow! Sounds like an exciting haul. n_n
Unread 03-28-2013, 01:17 AM   #1855
La Tulipe Noire
Un pour tous

The trolley is great. During CC they might run a special line called the Red line that's a non-stop straight to convention center. But they changed the routes I think, so I'm not sure. It won't be difficult, the last stop is the convention center, so you shouldn't have a problem getting lost. :]

Maybe. xD Always looking for new comic books. No one talks to me about them though, so I tend not to spread out too much. Then I have no one to freak out with.

It's great! I've almost finished them all. Some of them were a little sad, but ended surprisingly more happy than I thought.
X-23[]
Agent 13 []
Polaris []

My Tumblr
Unread 03-28-2013, 01:43 AM   #1856
Hearth
Unregistered User

Oh, that's a good thing to know. Everything is becoming a little less intimidating, thank you! xD

Heh, I kind of feel the same way. There's no one I can really talk to for recommendations. I try to freak out with my roommates, but they don't understand because they don't read the comics. *sigh*

Wednesday is the best day of the week, yeah? x)
Unread 03-28-2013, 02:12 AM   #1857
La Tulipe Noire
Un pour tous

Sure thing! All of us here (that are here a lot) have been to Comic-con at least once and I'm a staff member at CC so if you have any questions or need any help I'm sure we'd all be happy to assist. :]

Same. One of my roommates reads comic books, but she doesn't get really excited about it. She kind of just reads them and moves on. And she reads more X-men and I focus more on Avengers so it's not quite the same. No one understands. D8

Comic book Wednesday is the best Wednesday~
X-23[]
Agent 13 []
Polaris []

My Tumblr

Last edited by La Tulipe Noire : 03-28-2013 at 02:45 AM.
Unread 03-28-2013, 02:24 AM   #1858
Hearth
Unregistered User

Ah, that's really cool! :'D I'll let you know if I do. Thanks again.

Hm, that's interesting. I would think that part of the reading experience is the fact that one gets emotionally invested in the characters. o_O

Yes, indeedy! Right now, especially the Wednesday at the end of the month since YA is the comic I look forward to the most right now. XD
Unread 03-28-2013, 02:48 AM   #1859
La Tulipe Noire
Un pour tous

No problem!

It's true. After I read things I tend to go on a rant and everyone is just like 'Yes that's nice. Stop talking'. And one of my roommates is going to be Tommy for the group and I keep talking about Tommy stuff in the things I just read and she just kind of sits there. It's part of what makes comic books so heartbreaking is getting so into the characters. What's the fun otherwise! I just need people to share in this sadness.

Yes! Right now all I really buy is the YA stuff. I was going to start Uncanny Avengers but I got so distracted and now I can't find the first issue. x-x
X-23[]
Agent 13 []
Polaris []

My Tumblr
Unread 03-28-2013, 03:18 AM   #1860
Hearth
Unregistered User

Heh, I'm the same way. I think my roommates are a bit more patient, though. I also watched two cartoons: Green Lantern: The Animated Series & Young Justice. Their last episodes recently aired... YJ had two seasons and GL only had one. To me, that seems quite premature for both shows. So, I've been writing letters and whatnot, hoping that whoever is in charge might change their mind. My father has been pretty critical about the whole situation. It's not like he can understand that some of these characters I've grown to like do no exist anywhere else and, once the show goes, we might never get stories of some of those characters ever again. XD

Ah, really? I actually picked up the first issue, but it left me kind of confused so I never picked up more. ^_^;;