Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Seeking Cosplayers

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 71 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 03-30-2013, 04:49 PM   #1876
La Tulipe Noire
Un pour tous

Thank you! :] I'm an Anthropology major.

I thought issue three was nice. A lot of people are complaining about things the characters are saying. And I just want to smack them and be like "Just enjoy the damn comic book". But yes, it's exciting to think they are so invested in their comics and its fans that they are roaming Tumblr. xD

I don't know why being here a certain amount of time is necessary before you can post things like that. Maybe it's to cut down on spammers and bots? Because you can't immediately go posting advertisements and stuff they figure people who are genuinely interested will do that 30-day wait. It's all a learning process! Like I've never made a body suit before, but I'm going to give it my best try for Billy. Start simple, with skirts and stuff, and then work your way up. :] And most everyone here is always available and ready for tips. I also know Ayaasan mentioned once having a group sewing party.

Well, I don't want you to discourage from doing any cosplay! Do every and all that you want, even it if makes you bankrupt! (ahaha) But taking it to conventions is always a dangerous thing, the more that sticks out- the more that can be broken off of it. And long trains and things will get dirty from being stepped on with people so close to you. I know my friend once cosplayed Sailor Saturn and her glaive was all over the place- though you could definitely find her in the crowd. xD
X-23[]
Agent 13 []
Polaris []

My Tumblr
La Tulipe Noire is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-31-2013, 03:34 AM   #1877
Hearth
Unregistered User

Neat! What plans do you have? I'm actually graduating this year as well and I have no clue what to do. n_n;

The #Young Avengers tag is kind of scary sometimes. It makes me wonder if it's all right for me to be enjoying the comic so far, haha. It's good to see I'm not alone. Oh, yes, they are awesome. Gillen has always answered my questions on Formspring during his run on JiM. :-)

Yeah, that's understandable why they have rules like that. That time will fly as long as I don't think about it too much. And I look forward to seeing your end result! b(ouo)

This site does seem to be an excellent resource. Kind of wish I made the decision to join here sooner.^^; And group sewing sounds great! I'm learning how to knit too, and it's much more enjoyable in a group, heh.

Admittedly, I still can't stop thinking about how cool an Aya Monitor cosplay would be, so I guess I wasn't that discouraged. ;-) Kind of like those flags that they sometimes put on top of shopping carts, huh?

EDIT:

And, um, whoops. Apparently my post did go through on the Marketplace. I hope only one of the posts went through or that would be pretty embarrassing. The first time I made it, I didn't catch the whole "needs to be approved by a Moderator" thing. OTL

Last edited by Hearth : 03-31-2013 at 05:50 PM.
Hearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2013, 11:06 PM   #1878
La Tulipe Noire
Un pour tous

What are you studying? :] I'm hoping to get some work down at Balboa at the Museum of Man or something. That's my goal. What I want to do is work in a museum.

The Young Avengers tag scares me. I agree with half the people there and then others are like "OMG this was the worst issue yet! I might give up!" and I just look at my copies like "Am I missing something? Should I be hating this? What is happening?" But I love the comic and I'm excited to have more stuff on some of my favorite Marvel characters. ;-; It's great to know that they care about their fans~!

I'm going to put all my effort after this year to work on Billy and only Billy. xD I want him to turn out really well so fingers crossed.

I didn't used to be very active on this site, but then I ran into this thread and I talked to Ayaasan, Jono, and Link and it's great. 8D I've gotten a lot of tips, and advice from everyone here and met up with them all too! The only problem with group sewing is only having a few sewing machines at a time. xD Though I suppose some people can cut fabric. I tried it once and it was good, a few of us made props while the others sewed. It's lots of fun too just to sit around with other cosplayers and chill. Oh! Knitting sounds fun, I've wanted to learn that. o:

That's good! Go for your dreams! xD Yes! I always knew where she was and didn't have to try to get reception in the hall. Or hope she heard me.

I'm sure it'll be fine~
X-23[]
Agent 13 []
Polaris []

My Tumblr
Unread 04-01-2013, 02:18 AM   #1879
Hearth
Unregistered User

I'm a Biology major. :-) Huh, I've never been to the Museum of Man before. Sounds like they have a ton of interesting stuff...

Yeah, I read one post that said that Loki was "still annoying" and it made me go "D:" But, eh, some things just don't click for everyone. I can't wait for Kate! And the next variant cover.

You all seem very friendly and cool, so that's why I felt like posting here even though I don't live in SD. xD I suppose sewing machines aren't the most portable of tools like knitting needles, heh. It is pretty fun! I quite enjoy it. Scarves take way forever, though.

Phew, it looks like only one post went through. I was too afraid to look, haha.
Unread 04-01-2013, 05:02 PM   #1880
La Tulipe Noire
Un pour tous

Cool, Biology is too intense for me. xD I never could do science or math well. The Museum of man is interesting, but I can't actually remember going myself. As awful as that sounds, they're just the only ones who could take my major for an internship.. Oops?

True, true.. Although Loki is still Loki no matter what. I did like the little slip in, in the last one where America was like 'You can't trust him' and Teddy and Billy were all "We know.. 'Loki'" I laughed. I miss Tommy! I'm so excited that he's gonna come back~ And from the preview pages it looks like Eli will also.

Well, we live in SD but we travel all over, so I guess it's more than we're based here? And we're pretty active I think, even though only a few of us post. Sewing machines are not as portable, no. xD They are heavy, plus all their wires and fixings. D'aww~ I've seen a lot of people make tiny things while knitting. Like I bought my mother a little knitted pineapple~ Those are cute.

That's good!
X-23[]
Agent 13 []
Polaris []

My Tumblr
Unread 04-01-2013, 10:09 PM   #1881
Hearth
Unregistered User

Well, there's always time to start getting familiar with the place!

Haha, and I love how Billy told Loki that he wouldn't even lend him an eraser. :'D Which is still reasonable because if it was the eraser on top of a pencil, you can be sure only the metal part would be left once Loki returns it. IF he returns it at all. I believe it's been said that it's not Eli in #6... :-(

What's the furthest you ever been for a con? Ever sewed any toys? Initially, that's why I wanted to learn sewing. I bought this book a long time ago in hopes of using it one day. I looked up knitted pineapples on Google Images, and there's this cute little teapot cozy. Might have to make that for my roommate!
Unread 04-01-2013, 10:25 PM   #1882
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face

I'm just gonna sneak back in here xD

hey there Hearth, glad to still see you here! Most people don't stay here for long xD My mom had taught me how to crochet a scarf a long time ago. Haven't made one since then.

I've finished making another pleated skirt (yay~!) AX is nearing too soon you guys! :O And I thought I was freaking out enough for ALA xD Still got a lot to do just gotta keep my head in the game (I can't believe I just wrote that, oh well) I had made my chest armor for Mercury but I wasn't happy with it so I gotta remake it :P

W.I.P:
Queen Mikasa - AoT 95%
Dark Zelda - SSBB 30%
WoC!Mikasa - AoT 25%
Lolita!Mikasa -AoT 25%
Hinata Hyuga - Naruto 10%
Yin - Darker than Black 35%
Ruby Rose 80% /Summer Rose - RWBY 90%

Planned:
Black Canary - DC Bombshell
Miltiades Malachite - RWBY
Anastasia(Once Upon A December Dress) - Anastasia
Cerise Hood - EAH
Madeline Hatter - EAH
LinkPwnsGanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2013, 10:41 PM   #1883
La Tulipe Noire
Un pour tous

Indeed! Better late than never.

Oh Loki. You aren't making life easy for yourself. xD Waaaaaaaat. Not Eli? But they're wearing Patriot's stuuuuff. Ugh. Re-Reading the article I skimmed it does say "Mystery involving a familiar face" and "appears to be someone in the original Patriot outfit" Which implies I suppose that it's a total stranger instead. D: Boo. I don't like Eli as much, but I really wanted the original crew. Oh well, at least Tommy is back. And this new boy, Prodigy, should be interesting.

Uh well, I live part time in Hawaii. So I guess that's kind of far? I've also been to Otakon in Maryland. I haven't sewn any toys myself, I'm more of a prop maker, but Ayaasan makes excellent plushies! :]

Link. Get working on your Mercury! D<
X-23[]
Agent 13 []
Polaris []

My Tumblr

Last edited by La Tulipe Noire : 04-01-2013 at 10:56 PM.
Unread 04-01-2013, 10:44 PM   #1884
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face

Waaaaah don't yell at me! I am! I am! (~ ; _ ; )~

old lady x3 go study for the test! xD

W.I.P:
Queen Mikasa - AoT 95%
Dark Zelda - SSBB 30%
WoC!Mikasa - AoT 25%
Lolita!Mikasa -AoT 25%

Planned:
Cerise Hood - EAH
Madeline Hatter - EAH

Last edited by LinkPwnsGanon : 04-01-2013 at 10:49 PM.
Unread 04-01-2013, 10:50 PM   #1885
La Tulipe Noire
Un pour tous

Respect your elders.
X-23[]
Agent 13 []
Polaris []

My Tumblr
Unread 04-01-2013, 11:04 PM   #1886
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face

Never. :P Sharky will get you.

W.I.P:
Queen Mikasa - AoT 95%
Dark Zelda - SSBB 30%
WoC!Mikasa - AoT 25%
Lolita!Mikasa -AoT 25%

Planned:
Cerise Hood - EAH
Madeline Hatter - EAH
Unread 04-02-2013, 12:26 AM   #1887
Hearth
Unregistered User

It's pretty easy to stick around when you have mutual interests! Haven't really done much crochet myself. One of my roommates taught me how to crochet a flower and that's all I've done. xD So you've done more than me in that department.

Too soon? April just started, haha. XD Maybe it seems like less time when you're working on something.

----

Nope, he is not. Naughty little god. :| I wonder if the person wearing the Patriot outfit is someone familiar... And, yay! \(ouo)/

That's really cool! Never visited there before, but it must be all kinds of awesome to be living there every now and then. How was Otakon? :-)

Ah, her Cake plushie is really cute!^^ I was thinking it would be cool to have a plush bag of Thori, Loki's dog in JiM, as an alternative to carrying a purse around. I was thinking that the dog pattern in the book I have can be modified a bit to look more like him. But I probably couldn't learn how to tackle that in 3 months or so, huh? x_X;
Unread 04-02-2013, 01:03 AM   #1888
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face

When she taught me I was too busy with school, swim and water polo practice so that's why I didn't keep up with it xP I think making a flower is better than making a scarf!

True but this my first time going to AX sooo that's like one of reasons as to why I'm freaking out xD

W.I.P:
Queen Mikasa - AoT 95%
Dark Zelda - SSBB 30%
WoC!Mikasa - AoT 25%
Lolita!Mikasa -AoT 25%

Planned:
Cerise Hood - EAH
Madeline Hatter - EAH
Unread 04-02-2013, 01:13 AM   #1889
La Tulipe Noire
Un pour tous

I can't think of it as anyone but Eli. xD But if it's someone else I hope Tommy punches them for stealing it.

Well, I'll be a permanent resident of California soon~ But my friends still want me to travel back for con. So we'll see. I enjoyed Otakon a lot. I met people there I still talk to three years later! It's a big East coast convention, but no overwhleming compared to AX or CC. I've been getting more into comic books, so I'd like to get into more comic-based conventions. I've always gone to CC since I was little, so it was more tradition than interest. xD

Aw, that would be a cute idea! I love how creative people get with their bags and stuff. Don't want to take away from the outfit, so make a bag that fits! Love it. I'm sure you could do it! You never know unless you try.

Link you've got four months. o_o Stop adding cosplays and I think you'll be fine.
X-23[]
Agent 13 []
Polaris []

My Tumblr
Unread 04-02-2013, 01:42 AM   #1890
Hearth
Unregistered User

Maybe you could pick it up again someday! I'd like how to make amigurumi dolls, personally. Well, it's a very simple flower. It's supposed to be a coaster... or a doily. We made several of them and we don't use them at all. ^_^;; It's just not a habit to put something under my cup before I set it down.

Heh, I'm sure it will be great! (ouo)

----

It's going to suck to be that guy. x)

I guess you went to school in Hawaii then? Ah, that's really cool. I hope I meet some cool people, too. Usually, I only talk to my roommates, but I'm practically going to be living by myself for the rest of the quarter. :-( And the quarter just started today, ho-hum. Well, a renewed interest in comics will probably make it even more fun, yeah? :-D

Yeah, you're right. Wouldn't hurt to give it a shot! Could be a good learning experience.