Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Seeking Cosplayers

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 63 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 04-07-2013, 11:02 PM   #1906
La Tulipe Noire
Un pour tous

Thanks guys~

Hearth when you get Loki done and I get Billy done we should have epic battles.
X-23[]
Agent 13 []
Polaris []

My Tumblr
La Tulipe Noire is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-07-2013, 11:35 PM   #1907
Hearth
Unregistered User

Oh, yes, definitely! n_n I look forward to it.
Hearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2013, 04:31 AM   #1908
La Tulipe Noire
Un pour tous

Magic battles. o_o

Especially since by then Young Avengers should have advanced a bit so we can know how everyone's relationships are panning out.
X-23[]
Agent 13 []
Polaris []

My Tumblr
Unread 04-08-2013, 11:26 AM   #1909
Hearth
Unregistered User

Loki would get creamed in that department. XD Though, I suppose he could alter Billy's own magic. When he tied the parent-parasite spell to everyone else, I'm pretty sure that was on purpose and not accidental.

Yep!^^ Though, I think I can already imagine how they're going to be, haha.
Unread 04-08-2013, 05:13 PM   #1910
La Tulipe Noire
Un pour tous

I don't believe anything Loki does is accidental. xD And Billy's powers are on the fritz. So we'll see what goes down.

I can too, I read somewhere that YA is supposed to kind of be lighthearted in a dramatic way. As in, we're not going to cry ourselves to sleep but it's not going to be happy, happy. (Though those people could just be trying to fool themselves, who knows) So I can definitely see a couple of ways their relationships can go.
X-23[]
Agent 13 []
Polaris []

My Tumblr
Unread 04-08-2013, 05:54 PM   #1911
Hearth
Unregistered User

He has finesse after all. ;-) I've been thinking out scenarios in my head of what would happen if Billy does lend him his power.

I'll be happy as long as it's not as bad as JiM #645. I didn't cry, but it's probably because I didn't understand what happened the first time I read it.
Unread 04-08-2013, 06:59 PM   #1912
La Tulipe Noire
Un pour tous

If Billy DOES lend him his power I'll be confused and whatever happened would have had to be really horrible or last resort. Because they know better than to trust Loki so he'd either have to trick them or something bad would happen. xD

I just want lighthearted. Everyone should get something lighthearted right? Dramatic, yet happy. I mean, so far almost all of the comics involving the Young Avengers have been very upsetting and sad. (I haven't read all of them, so I can't say for sure). But Civil war, Secret Invasion and the Young Avengers original run are not happy-go-lucky.
X-23[]
Agent 13 []
Polaris []

My Tumblr
Unread 04-08-2013, 07:23 PM   #1913
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face

Yeah good luck Tulipe! I should be buying fabric for Shadowcat soon along with the pattern!

Tulipe & Hearth: You guys are soooo alive! xD

oh yeah and I made this:

W.I.P:
Queen Mikasa - AoT 85%
Dark Zelda - SSBB 30%
WoC!Mikasa - AoT 25%
Tinkerbell - Disney 5%
Ruby Rose 80% /Summer Rose - RWBY 90%[/color]

Planned:
Black Canary - DC Bombshell
Miltiades Malachite - RWBY
Lisa Garland - Silent Hill
Anastasia(Once Upon A December Dress) - Anastasia

Last edited by LinkPwnsGanon : 04-08-2013 at 08:12 PM.
LinkPwnsGanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2013, 11:20 PM   #1914
ayaasan

Tulipe: awesome! Good luck

Link: gorgeous dress! Is it for something? Or just because

Not much progress on my end--although I'm almost finished with my Jedi inner tunic. Dem sleeves were a royal pain, since they include 7 x 1/2" knife pleats on each cuff for proper sleeve bunching. Tomorrow is my first real day off in about 3 weeks, so after sleeping in I hope to have the inner tunic and outer tunic done. Then onto the obi and tabard. I don't want to get started on the belt until the rivets arrive at the end of the week, and I should be getting my hooded cloak fabric by the end of the week, too
Unread 04-09-2013, 02:18 AM   #1915
Hearth
Unregistered User

Actually, he does inadvertently cause a lot of trouble in JiM, heh. ^_^; That's my guess on what's going to happen. That the situation gets so bad that they have no choice but to go along with his schemes.

Children's Crusade is the saddest, I think. :-/ I never read Dark Reign.

-----

Oh, yay, Shadowcat. n_n

And that dress looks wonderful! Love the color.

-----

Where are you going to wear your Jedi outfit once May 4th rolls around?
Unread 04-09-2013, 05:07 AM   #1916
La Tulipe Noire
Un pour tous

Thanks everyone!

@Ayaasan: I might have to poke at you for help with some of this stuff, if that's okay. I've never worked with spandex before. D:

@Hearth: Ah. Sounds about right, can't wait to see it though. As long as it doesn't make me sad. I don't want anymore sad. D:

Children's Crusade is awful. And I was flipping through Civil war the other day (I refuse to read it even though I know everything that happens) and they are in it so briefly in an unexplained way I don't know how to feel. But I was upset about how Cassie switched in the story and Kate was just all sad and stuff. And then they took Billy to 'super jail' and I laughed more than I should have because really- super jail? And then he's never in it for the rest of the book. Though Teddy is pretty awesome in it. xD It's so weird though when you read Civil War: the Runaways and Young Avengers. When there's very little connection. I always imagine Civil War as being one of the saddest points overall for the Avengers (I'm a new comic book reader so I just go by what I know so far), but with the Young Avengers Children's Crusade is definitely the worst. D:
X-23[]
Agent 13 []
Polaris []

My Tumblr
Unread 04-09-2013, 09:35 AM   #1917
ayaasan

Tulipe: We'd both be learning, since I've only worked with spandex for small projects. But I'd be happy to give what tips I can!

Hearth: May 4th is International Star Wars Day (May the 4th be with you? Heehee) We're celebrating at work, and I never miss out on a chance to dress up :P Maybe take some pics afterwards in some of the exhibits and theatre Might even swing by a comic book store since it's National Free Comic Book Day

And suuurrreee stink-brain :P

I finally solved the counter-balance issue with this wig-o-doom! Spirit gum really does rock

Last edited by ayaasan : 04-09-2013 at 12:19 PM.
ayaasan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2013, 05:16 PM   #1918
Hearth
Unregistered User

There's sadness in a lot of stuff I'm enjoying right now. XD Writers can be so cruel.

I only read the Young Avengers/Runaways tie-in for Civil War and not the main story, so I didn't get to see Billy get thrown in super-jail. XD! That sounds kind of lame. I felt so terrible for Vision in Children's Crusade... especially since I'd have to say he's my favorite YA character. :'(

I'm pretty new myself, so you probably know a lot more than I do. I didn't really live near a comic book shop growing up, but I did love watching the DC Animated Universe and the Marvel Animated Universe. And I read some webcomics and I did buy some Sonic comics from the grocery store.

When I was in college, I've always been nervous at the idea of stepping into a comic book shop. I still kind of am... I don't know, I kind of feel a shaking in my arms though all the people at my LCBS have always been nice, heh. But I started reading Gillen's run on JiM... because the cover art war pretty. :-P So much for not judging a book by its cover, huh? Then I decided I should expand a bit and picked up a few more titles from there.

----

That's really cool that your work celebrates May the 4th! ^_^ At my work, we have uniforms, so no fun there.

You make such an adorable Vanellope! *_*

Last edited by Hearth : 04-09-2013 at 05:19 PM.
Unread 04-09-2013, 09:43 PM   #1919
ayaasan

Hearth: yeah, we normally wear uniforms, too. That's why I always jump at the chance to NOT wear a uniform, lol. And thank-you!

Well, I completely loathe how my inner tunic turned out with the pattern I modified. It's all good, though, since I found some even better, more accurate linen with a rough weave! I also decided to just draft 100% from scratch, and I'm purdy dang proud of how the outer tunic turned out!~

Just pinned at the moment and no trim yet, so it'll be much more crisp and finished when sewn.
Unread 04-10-2013, 12:09 AM   #1920
La Tulipe Noire
Un pour tous

@Hearth: Almost anything comic book related is guaranteed to eventually rip your heart out and break it into little tiny pieces.

Well, you don't really see him get thrown in super jail. He gets knocked out at one point and Teddy runs after him but apparently leaves him behind? And they don't show it but he gets taken away by Stark's people. And Cassie says he gets thrown into "super jail" And you never see him again for the rest of the comic. I was so sad for everyone in Children's Crusade. ;-; Nate pissed me off though in the end, for obvious reasons, but... He was never my favorite anyway.

I only started reading comics this past year. xD So we might be about the same in comic-book knowledge. Most stuff I know is from Tumblr if I didn't read it. Good ol' Tumblr. I grew up watching DC stuff, but the comic books I read are ALL Marvel.

Comic book stores make me nervous too. Like they're going to be like 'YOU DON'T BELONG HERE' or something like that. I just try not to make eye contact with anyone. 8D

@Ayaasan: Familiar phone is familiar!

Your Vanellope is so cute. I still haven't seen that movie. >_<

I appreciate any and all tips you are willing to provide! I wish I could get Billy done for CC, but it doesn't look like I'm going to manage it D:
X-23[]
Agent 13 []
Polaris []

My Tumblr