Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Seeking Cosplayers

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 61 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 04-21-2013, 02:58 AM   #1936
Hearth
Unregistered User

@Ayasaan: It looks wonderful from the pictures you've shown so far.

I actually watched Adventure Time for the first time this week... someone got me to watch the Fionna and Cake episodes. When I watched the trailers at the movie theater months ago, I didn't see what the appeal was. It made it look really bad. xD;; But I quite enjoyed what I watched. And then I got the available issues for the Fionna and Cake comic mini-series... /blahblahblah

Anyway, what I'm getting at is... I look forward to seeing your Prince Gumball cosplay! XD

@Link: I have to agree... the skirt looks great! b(ouo)

@Tulipe: Maybe it hasn't happened because they're hoping for the same thing. =P

I've always thought Jubilee would be a fun cosplay... though, apparently she's a vampire now? XD;

@Ose: Well, better than me. I live about 2 hours-ish away.
Hearth is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-21-2013, 06:07 AM   #1937
La Tulipe Noire
Un pour tous

@Hearth that makes sense. xD Definitely. But that still doesn't mean I'm going to try. I'm shy. Though one person did talk to me about Deadpool for like a second before disappearing.

Everyone wants to cosplay Jubilee~! And yes, she's a vampire now. She likes to hang out with X-23 apparently. We're doing an X-lady cosplay, you're welcome to join. I'll be Rogue at CC also. :]

Speaking of Rogue, thinking of how to do her hair. Two hair clips, or clip in bangs? Unfortunately Arda wigs is sold out of their white clip in long bangs. x-x

@Ose: Howdy, and welcome!
X-23[]
Agent 13 []
Polaris []

My Tumblr

Last edited by La Tulipe Noire : 04-21-2013 at 06:16 AM.
La Tulipe Noire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2013, 09:13 AM   #1938
ayaasan

Ose: Hello!!

Hearth: It took me awhile to get into Adventure Time since it starts out frivolous, and when I did, it was like *WHOAH* what was I missing?! lol due to how the show evolves. It's not everyone's cup of tea, but I personally found it hilarious, and if you watch it from the beginning, the character evolution is insane (in a good way, lol) For instance, the Ice King is a 2D generic "princess kidnapping" antagonist, and he now has an entire back-story with another main character. (And wait 'till you get to Puhoy....psychoanalyst dream there!) It's a total nostalgia bomb, since it's so similar to the cartoons I grew up on

Tulipe: Since you already have dark hair (and pigtail wigs are a b*tch) I'd go with the clip-in bangs. Arda's stock usually comes in pretty quickly, so I'd check the re-stock list Or, if you're in a pinch, I'd get the short bang clip on and extra wefts and take advantage of their sale
Unread 04-21-2013, 10:04 AM   #1939
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face

Thanks guys! I've actually finished this cosplay late last night! xD

Welcome Ose!

Hearth: Wanna be Jubilee for our very small X-woman group?! xD

Tulipe: I also think clip in bangs would be great!

I actually got my sisters to watching Bravest Warriors xD My sisters and little nephew LOOOOVE Catbug x3

W.I.P:
Queen Mikasa - AoT 65%
Dark Zelda - SSBB 30%
WoC!Mikasa - AoT 25%
Tinkerbell - Disney 5%

Planned:
Black Canary - DC Bombshell
Ruby Rose 80% /Summer Rose - RWBY 10%[/color]
Lisa Garland - Silent Hill[/color]
Anastasia(Once Upon A December Dress) - Anastasia

Last edited by LinkPwnsGanon : 04-21-2013 at 10:07 AM.
LinkPwnsGanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2013, 03:57 PM   #1940
La Tulipe Noire
Un pour tous

@Ayaasan: My hair's actually red right now. xD But I'm going to re-dye it over the summer back to brown so I can be Rogue~ And that sounds like a plan I will wait patiently for new clip-in bangs to appear. :]

Gonna order my leggings/ gloves/ and hair piece... And then Rogue is already like, half done. xD Just gotta get the hard part. D:
X-23[]
Agent 13 []
Polaris []

My Tumblr
Unread 04-21-2013, 04:52 PM   #1941
ayaasan

Whelp, just finished sewing the sleeves 'o pleated doom for my Jedi inner tunic, and I'm currently trying to get as much machine sewing done before I get to the crazy amount of hand-sewing XP I also ordered the Jedi "food capsules" from an awesome seller, and a gorgeous custom leather pouch for my belt. Umm...yeah...I think I'm going to be wearing this costume a LOT to make up for the cost--since I'm a "generic Jedi", I need to come up with a back story! XD
Unread 04-21-2013, 05:20 PM   #1942
Ose_93
is under your bed

Thanks guys. C:

It also took me a while to get into Adventure Time. I didn't think that it would be my cup of tea. But after watching a few episodes, I grew very fond of it. It also reminds me of older cartoons.

My sister and I want to try dressing up as Marshall Lee and Marceline sometime.

From what I could see, your Jedi tunic looks great so far, so I'm sure you'll do a great job with Prince Gumball, ayaasan.

@Link: Congradulations on finishing your outfit. ^^
Ose_93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2013, 12:19 AM   #1943
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face

I got Stocking done (well sort of xD I have to take in the skirt a bit since I did loose weight since I last made it x3 )

W.I.P:
Queen Mikasa - AoT 65%
Dark Zelda - SSBB 30%
WoC!Mikasa - AoT 25%
Tinkerbell - Disney 5%

Planned:
Black Canary - DC Bombshell
Ruby Rose 80% /Summer Rose - RWBY 10%[/color]
Lisa Garland - Silent Hill[/color]
Anastasia(Once Upon A December Dress) - Anastasia

Last edited by LinkPwnsGanon : 04-22-2013 at 12:40 AM.
LinkPwnsGanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2013, 04:25 PM   #1944
Hearth
Unregistered User

@Tulipe: Ah, the affliction of shyness. :-/

Of course! She has awesome threads. And... I wonder how a writer comes up with ideas like that, haha. Seems kind of odd to me, but maybe Brian Wood will warm me up to it. Quite excited for an all-female roster. And that would be swell! I'd have to save up a bit first, though. (Doesn't help that the Midna cosplay in the Marketplace right now is so sorely tempting, ugh.) Hopefully not so much since most versions are relatively simple? XD;;

@Ayasaan: Yeah, I'm going to have to start from the beginning some time. I can't believe I never gave it a chance before. n_n;;

@Link: I'd love to! Thank you. b(ouo) Though, it might be awhile, eh-heh. And you make a wonderful Stocking. Nice to see it all together.

@Ose: I don't think the commercials I saw did it much justice. One day, I remember I read the Wiki page out of boredom because I couldn't understand the popularity, and my curiosity was piqued because it said it was set in a post-apocalyptic world. That surprised me quite a lot.
Unread 04-22-2013, 05:03 PM   #1945
La Tulipe Noire
Un pour tous

Ha. Adventure time. I enjoy it, but for me it's kind of just there. My roommate got pretty into it though.

@Heath: Right? And you'd think Comic-con would be the place to get to know people like that, but no. Too many people, and the ones that talk to you are usually too scary to continue talking to.

Fortunately Jubilee's outfit isn't too complicated (minus the jacket) if you go for the classic version. Which I think is her most identifiable version.
X-23[]
Agent 13 []
Polaris []

My Tumblr
Unread 04-22-2013, 05:39 PM   #1946
dbchan
Minty McNomNoms

my two cents on Rogue hair!

I agree, stay away from the ponytail wigs if you can, SO HEAVY.

Arda was out of white when I went to do my Rogue wig so I opted for silver. It just looks like a shimmery white, imo. Here's a picture, if you'd like to see.

Blonadine.net -
Facebook me!

"Nothin but the rain."
dbchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2013, 06:20 PM   #1947
La Tulipe Noire
Un pour tous

@dbchan: Ahaha. Yeah. I have a ponytail wig for one of my other cosplays and I always feel top heavy. I had no intention of getting a wig for Rogue because my natural hair works just as well. I just wasn't sure what type of clip-on to get. :] Thank you though, I will keep the silver in mind if the white doesn't come in soon.
X-23[]
Agent 13 []
Polaris []

My Tumblr
Unread 04-22-2013, 08:11 PM   #1948
ayaasan

Link: Love how your Stocking cosplay turned out!

dbchan: omnomnom...Peanut Butter Head! :3 Rancis turned out adorable!

And oh, my glob...I'm going to be roasty toasty in this Jedi costume o.0 Think I'll be hanging around the fan behind the counter a LOT, lol. On the final stretch! Just need to hem the hooded cloak, which turned out pretty swishy and epic IMHO, add the trim to the inner tunic, add snaps for attaching the obi, and then make the belt!
Unread 04-22-2013, 09:28 PM   #1949
Ose_93
is under your bed

@dbchan: I never would have guessed that you used silver instead of white. C:
Ose_93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2013, 10:42 PM   #1950
Hearth
Unregistered User

@Tulipe: Oh, dear. Is that so? xD;; Scary in what way?

Her current outfit might not be too bad either since it's mostly black. Black gloves, black boots... would be easier to find than blue ones, I think. The jacket and the glasses, probably. And they're the two most important parts, haha.